How to Invest

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

fozzovmurton
Team Supported: Darlington

How to Invest

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:31 am

Is there other ways to Invest instead of a one-off 100 notes payment to the CIC, I would like to put something in myself but cant afford to pull that out at the moment as I am on the dole right now, would I be able to say, set up a direct debit, I know the importance of needing cash now, but a payment scheme might help people like me who want to be involved
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Re: How to Invest

Post by Tori_Gill » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:42 am

fozzovmurton wrote:Is there other ways to Invest instead of a one-off 100 notes payment to the CIC, I would like to put something in myself but cant afford to pull that out at the moment as I am on the dole right now, would I be able to say, set up a direct debit, I know the importance of needing cash now, but a payment scheme might help people like me who want to be involved
We appreciated that £100 is a lot of money and some just don't have that money available but what about doing the Club 1883 draw? It's £5 per month by standing order and there is a monthly cash winner, winners are detailed on uncovered. Just a thought.

http://darlouncovered.com/StandingOrderClub1883.pdf
Let's be proud of what we have achieved, Darlington Football Club needs to survive so let's all be in this together because this is your club now and your club needs you.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:29 am

Or you could donate any amount you like to Uncovered, who will be investing in 1883.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:19 am

Or you can just donate it directly to 1883 - any amount you like, so long as you're not interested in share certificates or voting rights. That's all I did - only took a couple of minutes to transfer the money online, though I think I'll also do the monthly draw and chip into fundraisers wherever else I can.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

still_darlo

Post by still_darlo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 pm

This is related to a post I've just made. Saw this afterwards, but I really don't think 'just donating whatever you can to 1883' is the same thing as feeling you have joined the community club. This needs addressing I think, before interest wanes further.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:42 pm

still_darlo wrote:This is related to a post I've just made. Saw this afterwards, but I really don't think 'just donating whatever you can to 1883' is the same thing as feeling you have joined the community club. This needs addressing I think, before interest wanes further.
Understand that not everyone can offord the £100 but there were nearly 1000 people who could a short time ago. In terms of interest waning i don't think it's down to the fact you can't pay it in installments.

There's nothing stopping anyone saving up and joining the CIC when the can afford to - it's not going anywhere.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:32 pm

still_darlo wrote:This is related to a post I've just made. Saw this afterwards, but I really don't think 'just donating whatever you can to 1883' is the same thing as feeling you have joined the community club. This needs addressing I think, before interest wanes further.
I feel I have. I'm quite happy to do that and support any fund-raising initiatives where I can on an ongoing basis.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:43 am

Tori_Gill wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:Is there other ways to Invest instead of a one-off 100 notes payment to the CIC, I would like to put something in myself but cant afford to pull that out at the moment as I am on the dole right now, would I be able to say, set up a direct debit, I know the importance of needing cash now, but a payment scheme might help people like me who want to be involved
We appreciated that £100 is a lot of money and some just don't have that money available but what about doing the Club 1883 draw? It's £5 per month by standing order and there is a monthly cash winner, winners are detailed on uncovered. Just a thought.

http://darlouncovered.com/StandingOrderClub1883.pdf
I will sort it out next week, I am in the process of opening a new bank account
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs