CIC

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Ingleby
Team Supported: Darlington

CIC

Post by Ingleby » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi I read that Darlington looked closely at how Stenhousemuir fc adopted the CIC model.

Stenhousemuir fc notes one of the main advantages as

: The dividends and Directors salaries are restricted (although in the case of SFC CIC there will be no dividends and Director's salaries.)

My question is have bDFC 1883 adopted the same approach?

I have seen the following stated on the 1883CIC website

: No dividends will be paid by the CIC to individuals.

Therefore no reference is made to Directors salaries.

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious here.

Any information appreciated to help me be better informed.

Thanks in advance.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Spyman

Re: CIC

Post by Spyman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Nobody knows what is going on with the CIC mate. There's been zero communication from whoever is administering it as far as I can see.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks for reply.

Yeah information is certainly very limited at the moment which seems a little off for a 'Community Club'

Maybe I'm not looking properly or has the policy and how it will run not been agreed upon yet, who knows?

Hoping someone might come along and answer my original query.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Aren't we all.

I think over the summer the majority were willing to put their money in and wait until the season started as obviously certain things like getting a team together, and somewhere to play, and tickets sold, had to take priority.

We're now a few weeks in to the season though, and I'm certainly getting a little concerned, like you say, by the lack of communication towards the 'community' who have put their money in to buying a stake in the club's future.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Can I just butt in here and say that although it may appear that we're into the season now and everything is hunky dorey there is still a hell of a lot of work going on behind the scenes making sure that everything runs smoothly from a match day point of view. It's still a massive issue making sure that each home game is staffed appropriately and that we can get enough volunteers to do the various jobs.

Although I agree the CIC stuff needs to get sorted, the impression that because everything is 'now sorted' is a wrong one. Every home game is still a massive event for everyone to make sure it goes smoothly, the more regular volunteers we can get, the quicker issues like this can be resolved.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:41 am

Ingleby wrote:Hi I read that Darlington looked closely at how Stenhousemuir fc adopted the CIC model.

Stenhousemuir fc notes one of the main advantages as

: The dividends and Directors salaries are restricted (although in the case of SFC CIC there will be no dividends and Director's salaries.)

My question is have bDFC 1883 adopted the same approach?

I have seen the following stated on the 1883CIC website

: No dividends will be paid by the CIC to individuals.

Therefore no reference is made to Directors salaries.

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious here.

Any information appreciated to help me be better informed.

Thanks in advance.
I can't answer your questions but let's face it you're only interested in the directors salaries...

It always has been and still is common knowledge that membership of the board is voluntary and unpaid, with the exception of McKenna who gets a flat fee when his job is done.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks for replies.

As originally stated I read that DFC1883 looked closely at the CIC mentioned
and can't find the info. As this is very clear on the stenhousemuir website I wanted to know if we have adopted the same policy.

No agenda, I just don't think fans should be in the dark given the route we gone down and our history.

Appreciate your input.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:21 pm

Hilly, I'm not saying that everything is sorted, I'm sure there is a huge amount of work still ongoing and will be from this day forward.

What I'm saying is that alongside these bigger tasks, quick wins can be made very easily. One such quick win is a brief e-mail or letter out to all those who are founder members of the CIC to say just what you've said - that there is still a huge amount of work ongoing, and you haven't been forgotten about.

To not even have acknowledged people's purchases/donations whatever we call them, is basic and in my mind, not really good enough regardless of how busy people have been. It could be done in less than half an hour provided they captured the information that was submitted.

DC

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Spyman wrote:Hilly, I'm not saying that everything is sorted, I'm sure there is a huge amount of work still ongoing and will be from this day forward.

What I'm saying is that alongside these bigger tasks, quick wins can be made very easily. One such quick win is a brief e-mail or letter out to all those who are founder members of the CIC to say just what you've said - that there is still a huge amount of work ongoing, and you haven't been forgotten about.

To not even have acknowledged people's purchases/donations whatever we call them, is basic and in my mind, not really good enough regardless of how busy people have been. It could be done in less than half an hour provided they captured the information that was submitted.
No that's fair enough.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Im desperate for some update on the CIC and if any further donations are even wanted/needed

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:50 pm

love it! wrote:Im desperate for some update on the CIC and if any further donations are even wanted/needed
Donations/members are always wanted for the CIC, it's a long term ongoing thing that in theory should be there forever I guess. Especially as it will own a large part of the club.

Patience is the key for us and I think we have been very patient. I am glad the efforts have gone into the football team but I do think as things become normal the work will step up on the CIC. I know from the board point of view the CIC is beginning to gather focus.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Can't disagree with anything that Spyman said. I know the board and volunteers are super busy (and are doing a great job) but communication to CIC members and investors in DFC 1883 has been at best the bare minimum.

I may be wrong but I believe that Laura Drew is ultimately in charge of this function, it would be great to get an update direct from her.

Super Les - you are involved with the Trust right? Has there been any progress with Trust members becoming CIC members?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:22 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
love it! wrote:Im desperate for some update on the CIC and if any further donations are even wanted/needed
Donations/members are always wanted for the CIC, it's a long term ongoing thing that in theory should be there forever I guess. Especially as it will own a large part of the club.

Patience is the key for us and I think we have been very patient. I am glad the efforts have gone into the football team but I do think as things become normal the work will step up on the CIC. I know from the board point of view the CIC is beginning to gather focus.
Your last sentence encourages me. Hopefully we get some sort of update soon.

DC

DAFTS

Post by DAFTS » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:48 pm

I had a similar issue, in terms of no response after joining the CIC. Eventually I got a reply, after emailing Tori direct. The CIC email address seemed a bit of a fruitless avenue. But the issue of communication seems to be something they intend to discuss at board level.

I think there certainly needs to be a system whereby at the very least financial transactions are acknowledged speedily; this would go for any business or organisation taking in money.

As for the bigger picture of how the CIC will work, I can understand this may take a bit longer to establish, given the huge effort by volunteers to get the club settled and running smoothly. But you can't just launch the concept and park it indefinitely. There should at least be some sort of timetable set out, so we know what to expect - and when. Update the web page at lease in the meantime, it's unsatisfactory having to chase information.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:11 am

Good points made.

Hopefully somebody will be able to answer my original query, once it's known possibly.

Thanks all.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:56 am

Spyman wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:

Your last sentence encourages me. Hopefully we get some sort of update soon.
I don't know the ins and out or anything so got to admit my info is sketchy, just a conversation with Denis and that now we are running the football club we have home matches under our belt etc then working groups for Stadium situation and CIC are in process and focus will move to these much more.

At the moment I think the CIC has had very little people supporting it David Mills and Ian Wilkinson working on this largely. Obviously the Board want an AGM and the CIC needs a board before we can have that.

I get the feeling they know more info is required but the focus has not been there, in terms of the CIC the football in the Community with the schools has probably taken all the time and was right to get this going as early as possible.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:Can't disagree with anything that Spyman said. I know the board and volunteers are super busy (and are doing a great job) but communication to CIC members and investors in DFC 1883 has been at best the bare minimum.

I may be wrong but I believe that Laura Drew is ultimately in charge of this function, it would be great to get an update direct from her.

Super Les - you are involved with the Trust right? Has there been any progress with Trust members becoming CIC members?
Sorry Robbie missed this earlier. Yep still involved with the Trust. I know discussions have occured but I don't have any info to update you with sadly. From a Trust point of view this will be the largest piece of work I guess since the vote.

Ian Wilkinson is working on the CIC and I think he has been looking after it with David Mills whilst the football side of things have been getting sorted by the rest of the board (At least generally I think that's what has been happening). I would expect more info but I guess with everyone having day jobs these things move slowly sadly.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Given the Trust members are all now to be given honorary CIC members surely it makes sense to merge the two does it not? I know it's been discussed before the Trust money was invested into the CIC but things have changed since them and surely given the size of the club and the lack of people to run a number of organisations it would be more proficient and give the merged group greater bandwidth and power with the board of the Trust taking an active role in the CIC. Given the stake the Trust has in the CIC is extremely likely that when the CIC board is put together it's going to be made up of Trust representatives anyway.

AndrewCawkwell12

Post by AndrewCawkwell12 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Dear all
I thought it would be useful to post a reply in relation to the thread which had opened up on ask 1883. As some of you may be aware, I have been involved in the project rescue Darlington football club since the club entered into administration on 3 January 2012. Notwithstanding that the purchase of the club completed on 3 May 2012 and my usual role as a corporate recovery solicitor would have come to an end on that date, I have remained close to the members of the interim board and remain closely associated with various aspects of the operations of the club and 1883 CIC. In relation to 1883 CIC, I became a board director of the community interest company on the same day that it was created and presently work alongside Laura Drew in this capacity. Ian Wilkinson (a board director of 1883) has also been working very closely with the CIC. There has been lots of good positive work going on behind the scenes which would not have been possible without the overwhelming support from hundreds of fans who have signed up to become founding members of the community interest company. There are plans afoot to establish a fully functioning board of directors of the CIC in order to assist it to become the focal point of the community club which Darlington football club has become. It is important to remember that with the ongoing support of fans and the wider community, the community interest company can really help drive the success of the football club and the community interest company will over the passage of time develop a greater influence in the football club itself. I do not intend to say much more than this for now other than to apologise for the apparent lack of communication which has really been as a result of energies and efforts being concentrated on the start of the new season. The community interest company plans to issue an update email to founder members in the coming days and there is a plan to refresh the content of the website which should make more information available. In the meantime if anybody wishes to contact me then my email address is andrew@dfc1883.co.uk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:17 pm

Great stuff Andrew, thanks for the update and hard work. I'll look forward to receiving the official email update!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

DC

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:36 am

Seen the recent email but it doesn't help answer my question, although I do appreciate their has now been some feedback.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:44 am

Ingleby wrote:Seen the recent email but it doesn't help answer my question, although I do appreciate their has now been some feedback.
It covers the main points of what has been happening and what next steps are - I think that's enough for now.

DC

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:07 am

Ingleby wrote:Seen the recent email but it doesn't help answer my question, although I do appreciate their has now been some feedback.
Then perhaps you can liaise with Andrew directly if you want to?

divas

Post by divas » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Your original question was answers by Quakerz who despite not being part of the 1883 CIC board is bang on. No directors will be paid, I know it's not explicitly stated however when it refers to individuals this is all encompassing.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks for clarifying.