Meanwhile, at York City -

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

grytters
Team Supported: Darlington

Meanwhile, at York City -

Post by grytters » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Bring Back the Quarters

Spyman

Re: Meanwhile, at York City -

Post by Spyman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:38 pm

They want to be careful.... they'll become a laughing stock.

Genuinely feel sorry for their fans.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:56 am

They seem to be imploding, can't say i'm too sorry, although I'm sorry for their fans.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:21 am

It makes me all the more grateful for our ownership model. It may not be perfect and might be hard work but when I see clubs go rotten like this and the owners and supporters start turning on each other that I'm glad we'll never be in that situation again.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Looks a little like 'Handbags at Dawn" this one. I get the impression these two don't get on, as reading through it looks like Vicky's been offered her job back but says she won't accept until the secretary (can't remember her name) moves on!

I doubt that M.G. has any knowledge about this, as has been suggested.

There's bad feeling at York and stuff like this won't help at all - and I would echo Spyman's comments above, our ownership model is better.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Given we're plummeting into a relegation battle and struggle year in, year out to avoid whacking great financial losses, I fail to see any evidence to say our ownership model is better than York's.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Darlogramps wrote:and struggle year in, year out to avoid whacking great financial losses, I fail to see any evidence to say our ownership model is better than York's.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:03 am

Darlogramps wrote:Given we're plummeting into a relegation battle and struggle year in, year out to avoid whacking great financial losses, I fail to see any evidence to say our ownership model is better than York's.
Have to agree with this.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:29 am

Darlogramps wrote:Given we're plummeting into a relegation battle and struggle year in, year out to avoid whacking great financial losses, I fail to see any evidence to say our ownership model is better than York's.
Depends how you define 'better' and ultimately what you want from supporting a football club.

What we've got now compared to what we had under the likes of Reynolds et al is we have a level of control. Who knows what will happen at York - divisions seem to be growing between the owner and the fans and that is usually a precursor to very difficult times.

We may never reach the heady heights that full time privately owned clubs could reach, but better for me is the knowledge we will find a level where we can be sustainable and stand on our own two feet without having to second guess the long term ambitions of a single owner.

Our board now appears to be led by someone who has the business acumen to help us become sustainable after a few years where priorities have been a little bit confused.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Re fan ownership, it’s not perfect but its advantages have certainly grown on me.

I didn’t have this opinion to start with but as the years have gone by I’ve changed my mind and now feel that the fan owned model has advantages to what, at least for us - preceded it.

Put simply, for those wishing for an investor, I would say ‘be careful what you wish for’. It’s all very well putting your faith into one mans vision, wealth and integrity but these things can easily go wrong and If they get sick, bored or broke there’s a problem. A big problem!!

With Reynolds, Haughton and Singh we’ve seen disaster strike three times - not good memories.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the York situation for quite a while now and their chairman is pumping in a lot of money, yet they still don’t seem a club that is working together - for some reason a proportion of their fanbase is griping - whilst our fanbase is in general pretty realistic about our situation and pull together.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!