Bradfud

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Bradfud

Post by Spyman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 pm

I never liked them when they were League 2 rivals, but fair fucking play to them. 3-1 up in the closing minutes of the League Cup semi-final first leg.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Big Tim

Re: Bradfud

Post by Big Tim » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Villa have showed a lack of ambition for the last few years now, selling the likes of Barry, Milner, Downing ect.....not Suprised they got stuffed really.

DTID

Post by DTID » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:42 pm

I don't really like Bradford either and how they are still in that league is beyond me given their playing budgets in recent years.

I developed a lot of hate for Bradford a couple of seasons ago. Decided to travel down to their place for Darlo game and they called it off just as we got into Bradford. There were snow blizzards though I suppose but even so it was a long drive back.

Fair play to them for having Villa's lives

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Stan_Darlo

Post by Stan_Darlo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Hope they get through, love an underdog!

On another note I've always rated Gary Jones as a player, who was playing for Bradford tonight, from when we came across him in his Rochdale days. Surprised he's never really had a chance at a higher level.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:49 pm

Big Tim wrote:Villa have showed a lack of ambition for the last few years now, selling the likes of Barry, Milner, Downing ect.....not Suprised they got stuffed really.
There's a bit of a difference between selling promising (or not in Downing's case) England Internationals to bigger clubs, and expecting to lose to a club 3 divisions below.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Well done City :clap:
FORZA DARLO

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 am

Fair bloody play to them and well done :clap:

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Is the "away goal" rule used in that competition?

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:45 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:Is the "away goal" rule used in that competition?

Yes, but only after extra time.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Was impressed with Bradford last night. I hope they make the final-would be a great story.

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Would be nice for a Chelsea-Bradford final. Simply because Chelsea will already qualify for the champions league, which will mean Bradford will get a Europe spot! Is their ground up to scratch for it though???
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:09 pm

Darlo Till I Die wrote:Would be nice for a Chelsea-Bradford final. Simply because Chelsea will already qualify for the champions league, which will mean Bradford will get a Europe spot! Is their ground up to scratch for it though???
As far as I am aware the League Cup Runners Up do not get offered the Europa League Slot, if Chelsea win the League Cup, it will more than likely go to the next team in the Premiership rather than Bradford, probably 7th in thr Prem.

The only competition where runners up may qualify is the FA Cup.

If Bradford were to get in Europe I am sure Valley Parade would meet the criteria to host Euro Matches

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:55 am

fozzovmurton wrote:As far as I am aware the League Cup Runners Up do not get offered the Europa League Slot, if Chelsea win the League Cup, it will more than likely go to the next team in the Premiership rather than Bradford, probably 7th in thr Prem.
This is true, which I was disappointed about - they will just have to beat Chelsea in the final now - well should they get there.

Villa have a lot more of a concern with the league I think, if they lose the fixtures before the 2nd leg then they really are in relegation territory, they really don't need league cup games to be worrying about at the moment, will they rest players for the return leg to save them for more important league games?

Best stat ever Bradford City have beaten more Premier League clubs than QPR this season.

I don't dislike Bradford, they are quite an honest, well supported club. Once they sort themselves out they should be a Championship side.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:19 am

lo36789 wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:As far as I am aware the League Cup Runners Up do not get offered the Europa League Slot, if Chelsea win the League Cup, it will more than likely go to the next team in the Premiership rather than Bradford, probably 7th in thr Prem.
This is true, which I was disappointed about - they will just have to beat Chelsea in the final now - well should they get there.

Villa have a lot more of a concern with the league I think, if they lose the fixtures before the 2nd leg then they really are in relegation territory, they really don't need league cup games to be worrying about at the moment, will they rest players for the return leg to save them for more important league games?

Best stat ever Bradford City have beaten more Premier League clubs than QPR this season.

I don't dislike Bradford, they are quite an honest, well supported club. Once they sort themselves out they should be a Championship side.

As should we when you look at the size of Darlo and the catchment area we serve, sure we had the biggest catchment areas in the FL a few years ago.

If Swansea beat Chelsea and
!qBradford beat Villa, then I would fancy Bradford to lift the cup.

I think Villa will do enough to see off Bradford at Villa Park though, do away goals count in the League Cuoq

442 Football Crazy Admin

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:26 am

fozzovmurton wrote: If Swansea beat Chelsea and
You'd fancy Bradford to beat Swansea?

I don't.

DC

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Spyman wrote:

I don't.
Fair Enough good point Spyman, I would give them more chance over Swansea than Chelsea

442 Football Crazy Admin

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:43 pm

Bradford City might not get into Europe even if they do win the League Cup Final.

Likewise, Swansea City will probably not get into Europe either.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:52 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:
Spyman wrote:

I don't.
Fair Enough good point Spyman, I would give them more chance over Swansea than Chelsea

Well yeah, Chelsea have got better players on paper, but you said that you "fancy Bradford to lift the cup" if they faced Swansea, which is a ridiculous comment.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:Bradford City might not get into Europe even if they do win the League Cup Final.

Why would Swansea not get in to Europe if they won the League Cup? Because they're not English?

I'd fancy Swansea to fare pretty well if they did get in to the Liverpool Trophy.

DC

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Spyman wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:Bradford City might not get into Europe even if they do win the League Cup Final.

Why would Swansea not get in to Europe if they won the League Cup? Because they're not English?

I'd fancy Swansea to fare pretty well if they did get in to the Liverpool Trophy.

Correct. Swansea City can never play in Europe under the current set-up.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

So similarly if they finished in a Champions League / Europa League spot they wouldn't get in? What's the point then?

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:19 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:
Spyman wrote:

I don't.

Well yeah, Chelsea have got better players on paper, but you said that you "fancy Bradford to lift the cup" if they faced Swansea, which is a ridiculous comment.
Ok, that is a good point, maybes I have not fully thought through what I am saying, I would love to see Bradford lift the cup though

442 Football Crazy Admin

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:21 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Why not, weren't Cardiff told last year UEFA would bend over backwards to get them into Europe if they beat Liverpool last year.

And why wouldn't Bradford be allowed to Enter if they won

442 Football Crazy Admin

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

You're wrong.

Swansea and Cardiff were told last year by UEFA that they could not qualify for Europe by entering the Welsh Cup. They could only qualify for Europe through the English League, or the 2 major English domestic cup competitions, because they played in the English league.

DC

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Hilly wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

So similarly if they finished in a Champions League / Europa League spot they wouldn't get in? What's the point then?

They were fully aware of the rules and their consequences when The Welsh Premier League was formed.

They, along with Cardiff City and Wrexham etc, all decided to remain with The FA.

Off course, The FA may move the goalposts. Because they have done in the past you know!

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Spyman wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

You're wrong.

Swansea and Cardiff were told last year by UEFA that they could not qualify for Europe by entering the Welsh Cup. They could only qualify for Europe through the English League, or the 2 major English domestic cup competitions, because they played in the English league.

Yes, that is UEFA's stance.

But all European entrants have to be nominated by The FA.

And they have said on numerous occasions, that they will not nominate a welsh team to represent England in Europe!

Similar for Bradford City, they will not nominate a League 2 team either!

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

They were fully aware of the rules and their consequences when The Welsh Premier League was formed.

They, along with Cardiff City and Wrexham etc, all decided to remain with The FA.

Off course, The FA may move the goalposts. Because they have done in the past you know!
Although they play in the English Leagues, do Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham etc come under the jurisdiction of the FAW???

442 Football Crazy Admin

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:30 pm

This from The FA. Although it refers to The FA Cup, I think the point is clear!

Part of the problem is – shock – the English FA’s inflexibility. Here’s what an FA representative had to say.

Our position remains unchanged and should a welsh win the FA Cup this season they would not be chosen as the FA’s nomination for European competition.

Welsh teams enter into English domestic competitions on this understanding and they are fully aware of the rules and regulations under which they take part.

These rules remain the same and there would be no scope for any of the Welsh clubs in the English system, to qualify for Europe as England’s representative.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:36 pm

But hasn't Cardiff been told on more than one occasion if they win an English Cup, UEFA would find a place for them.

If the FA are that unwilling to let Welsh teams represent England in Europe, then why let them play in the League in the first place

442 Football Crazy Admin

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:00 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:But hasn't Cardiff been told on more than one occasion if they win an English Cup, UEFA would find a place for them.

If the FA are that unwilling to let Welsh teams represent England in Europe, then why let them play in the League in the first place

Yes UEFA have said things similar to this. This is why I believe that The FA are on a collision course with UEFA!

The decision to play in an English league competition was Swansea's and Cardiff's.
And they made this decision fully aware of the consequences. So basically. they have no argument.