Hazard and the ball boy

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazard and the ball boy

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:19 pm

This incident was unfortunate and I feel the same way as the post above.

How long before a player cracks completely and hits the ref? This would be the ultimate taboo. In fact I'd be surprised if it hasn't happened in South America.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:51 pm

pretty sure that has already happened in the football league somewhere!? It's a quite common occurance at amateur level.

to be honest this little kick out was no worse than Di Canio's push, it was about the same force!

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:01 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:This incident was unfortunate and I feel the same way as the post above.

How long before a player cracks completely and hits the ref? This would be the ultimate taboo. In fact I'd be surprised if it hasn't happened in South America.
Didn't David Prutton once hit a linesman when he was at Southampton?

I cant remember where I seen it, but in a lower league match in Spain or Portugal, the ref makes a decision against the home team and the players and board members chased him out of the ground...How would that go down, matched abandoned, Referee ran away
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

loan_star

Re: Swansea v Chelsea Ball Boy Incident...

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:11 pm

DL5 wrote: He kicked the lad regardless of his intention, either way he was out of order, it was highly likely the lad would get a punt when you go kicking at or underneath someone I'm just pointing out what I saw DJ, I'm not calling for him to be prosecuted, all things in perspective it's been dealt with sensibly, you're just spouting your poisoned bile against me again, not sure what your problem is :roll:

Remove that sig too you childish no mark
Unfortunately this is the way the law seems to work. Thief breaks into a house, gets a baseball bat around the head, householder gets charged, thief gets let off.
Ball boy acts like a prick, player tries to hurry things on, player gets all the stick and talk of police action while the ball boy gets 90k followers on twitter and not a peep from PC Plod.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:45 pm

My analogy merely states that the sometimes the victims (in this case the ballboy) are merely so because of their own stupidity or selfishness and yet someone who becomes a victim of the situation by doing what they think is right (Hazard) usually ends up in more bother than the original instigator of the incident.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Hazard went to kick the lad after he pushs him to the ground and the lad lands on the ball thus winding him and is unable to get up. No matter which way you look at it hazard was in the wrong and its a sad day for football. But what was a 17 year old doing has a ball boy anyway in the first place, !? :wave:

A kick in the Jacobs
Team Supported: Narwich

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Eden Hazard has today been reported as saying that he is profoundly sorry that he did not kick the ballboy and promises to try harder in future.

DTID

Post by DTID » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:35 am

Let's be honest, the video/photographic evidence proves inconclusive as different angles tell different stories. It would no doubt be down to a court to decide whether or not the ball boy was kicked in the ribs.

If he was caught in the ribs then good - it will make him think again doing the same in future. The lad is lucky it wasn't the likes of Razor Ruddock or Duncan Ferguson retrieving the ball.

Although it meets the definition of an "assault" it is important to remember, anything is an assault nowadays. The police, ball boy, Hazard and courts have better things to than deal with the farce the ball boy instigated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:31 am

I think a line needs to be drawn under it, Hazard needs to accept whatever punishment he gets, whether it be a ban for violent conduct or bringing the game into disrepute or whatever and the kid needs to accept he was being a prick.

Anyway, the lad is having his 15 minutes in the spotlight(he gained 90,000 followers on Twitter) and the incident will probably end up on DVDs for the rest of his life
442 Football Crazy Admin

DTID

Post by DTID » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:19 am

fozzovmurton wrote:I think a line needs to be drawn under it, Hazard needs to accept whatever punishment he gets, whether it be a ban for violent conduct or bringing the game into disrepute or whatever and the kid needs to accept he was being a prick.

Anyway, the lad is having his 15 minutes in the spotlight(he gained 90,000 followers on Twitter) and the incident will probably end up on DVDs for the rest of his life
With then all ball boys 15 minutes in the spotlight and additional 90,000 Twitter followers has come the death threats and verbal abuse. It all evens itself out.

As for Hazard - it was an extraordinary situation. I'd like to think Chelsea would lodge a successful appeal against the ban.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:22 pm

DTID wrote:As for Hazard - it was an extraordinary situation. I'd like to think Chelsea would lodge a successful appeal against the ban.
Why? He still kicked out and Chelsea & Hazard have admitted that he was wrong to do so. Why would they appeal and why would it be successful?

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:30 am

DTID wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:I think a line needs to be drawn under it, Hazard needs to accept whatever punishment he gets, whether it be a ban for violent conduct or bringing the game into disrepute or whatever and the kid needs to accept he was being a prick.

With then all ball boys 15 minutes in the spotlight and additional 90,000 Twitter followers has come the death threats and verbal abuse. It all evens itself out.

As for Hazard - it was an extraordinary situation. I'd like to think Chelsea would lodge a successful appeal against the ban.

I think a line should be drawn under the incident now, talks of lengthy bans should be forgotten about, the lad is not pressing charges, apologies have been made, that is no excuse for what Hazard did, he should be given a 3 match ban for Violent/Unsportsmanlike Conduct whatever he got sent off for, is there such an offence as 'Sticking a boot in the ballboy'.

The FA should warn clubs about the actions of there ballboys, basically threaten clubs whose ballboys are seen to intentionally waste time
442 Football Crazy Admin

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:20 am

fozzovmurton wrote:Unsportsmanlike Conduct
That isn't a sending off offence it is only a caution...just being pedantic.

Really annoyed me watching the African Cup of Nations last night when the commentator claimed that a goalkeeper handling the ball outside the area is a sending off offence - it's not. Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity is the offence.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:47 am

lo36789 wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:Unsportsmanlike Conduct
That isn't a sending off offence it is only a caution...just being pedantic.

Really annoyed me watching the African Cup of Nations last night when the commentator claimed that a goalkeeper handling the ball outside the area is a sending off offence - it's not. Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity is the offence.
I stand corrected :) The goalie handling outside the area, I thought that was a straight red offence, I remember seeing Newcastle play C.Palace in the cup in 98 or 99 and i am sure Shay Given got sent off for handball outside the area and there was no obstruction involved

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
442 Football Crazy Admin

botrash

Post by botrash » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:05 am

Sorry guys, I appear to have cocked up and deleted some posts that I was trying to move to Fight Club. Bloody Tapatalk moderation tools are garbage!

And AKITJ, the same stands as last time on personal attacks on people. I don't mind the argument going backwards and forward, but the signature text, and bringing people's personal info into messageboard arguments, aren't going to fly.

And I know you'll disagree, but that's just how it is (cue abuse for over the top censorship...)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:35 am

fozzovmurton wrote:The goalie handling outside the area, I thought that was a straight red offence, I remember seeing Newcastle play C.Palace in the cup in 98 or 99 and i am sure Shay Given got sent off for handball outside the area and there was no obstruction involved
In the case yesterday he denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity as there was an attacker nearby. I don't remember the Shay Given incident but if there was an attacker that theoretically could have got the ball and then scored it should have been red.

I remember being in a debate about 'deliberate' passbacks. There was a Tim Howard one a few years ago where he picked up a passback because he was under pressure - in my book that should have by letter of the law been a red, I don't think I was particularly satisfied with the reasoning as to why it wasn't!

Unsporting behaviour can be for the following Adopting an aggressive attitude, Simulation, Dangerous Play, Foul Tackle, Goal Celebration, Handball, Reckless Play, Pushing or Pulling an opponent, Tripping and my favourite Other unspecified Unsporting Behaviour

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:14 pm

DL5 thinks that someone who intentionally kicks someone in the ribs should not be prosecuted.

(This post has been made as this fact has been cleansed from the thread for some reason)

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:31 pm

DJ, you're wrong as usual but what I think or do isn't your concern anyway. Just stay away eh.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 am

DL5 wrote:You're wrong as usual but what I think or do isn't your concern anyway. Just stay away eh.
A. You said Hazard intentionally kicked the ball boy in the ribs.

B. You said you weren't calling for Hazard to be prosecuted.

Feel free to explain how I am wrong, you know-nothing hypocrite.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:34 am

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:
DL5 wrote:You're wrong as usual but what I think or do isn't your concern anyway. Just stay away eh.
A. You said Hazard intentionally kicked the ball boy in the ribs.

B. You said you weren't calling for Hazard to be prosecuted.

Feel free to explain how I am wrong, you know-nothing hypocrite.
Ok, I'll put you in your place to set the record straight.

I said that he intentinally kicked the lad in the ribs out of frustration (my opinion)

You reacted by saying it's people like me that get others unwarranted criminal records

I responded by saying that I wasn't calling for him to be prosecuted

You took that to be my opinion on the matter that he shouldn't be prosecuted when I was merely pointing out that I had not called for him to be prosecuted in this thread

You then comically turned it on it's head by saying

"DL5 thinks that someone who intentionally kicks someone in the ribs should not be prosecuted"

You said that in a feeble attempt to question my integrity in an underhand way as ever, despite your digs at me changing from "you want him prosecuting for nothing" to "you don't think he should be prosecuted for kicking someone in the ribs" make up your mind, you can't have it both ways

Anyway answer this. Do you think the CPS should run a case that's not supported by the victim in this instance?

Maybe we should prosecute every playground scrap, every instance of name calling, swearing and every push and shove. The court system would grind to a halt overnight.

DJ, you're obsessed with making something out of nothing, people see right through you for what you are every time.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 pm

DL5 wrote:Ok, I'll put you in your place to set the record straight.
Having read your response, and as you usually do, you've managed to hang yourself after I dangled the rope.
DL5 wrote:I said that he intentinally kicked the lad in the ribs
Yes, yes you did.
DL5 wrote:You reacted by saying it's people like me that get others unwarranted criminal records. I responded by saying that I wasn't calling for him to be prosecuted

You took that to be my opinion on the matter that he shouldn't be prosecuted when I was merely pointing out that I had not called for him to be prosecuted in this thread
Wtf are you saying? Spit it out, should he be prosecuted or not? Don't hide behind nuances.
DL5 wrote:You then comically turned it on it's head by saying

"DL5 thinks that someone who intentionally kicks someone in them ribs should not be prosecuted"
No, I didn't turn anything on its head. I followed your statements to their natural conclusion.
DL5 wrote:You said that in a feeble attempt to question my integrity in an underhand way as ever, despite your digs at me changing from "you want him prosecuting for nothing" to "you don't think he should be prosecuted for kicking someone in the ribs" make up your mind, you can't have it both ways
I can't believe you've typed that last sentence. How am I trying to have it both ways? I'm highlighting your hypocrisy. It's you that's trying to have it both ways. Whichever route you take on this, you're going to end up looking either a hypocrite or someone who thinks it's appropriate for someone to have a criminal record for nothing. Come on, blurt out which one it is.
DL5 wrote:Anyway answer this. Do you think the CPS should run a case that's not supported by the victim in this instance?

Maybe we should prosecute every playground scrap, every instance of name calling, swearing and every push and shove. The court system would grind to a halt overnight.
Does the CPS need the victim's support to prosecute? I didn't think it did if it was in the public's interest to prosecute.

Why are you comparing someone who intentionally kicks someone in the ribs (your words) in front of millions of people to a playground scrap or name-calling? Surely, that's got to be a cause for a prosecution. Or, maybe, just fucking maybe, he didn't intentionally kick him in the ribs. This has been the whole (rather obvious, or so I thought) point of me raising this: your comment that he intentionally kicked him in the ribs. Your mocking comments when people said kicking him in the ribs was not intentional. Your constant failure (on this and other topics) to put your hand up and say 'Sorry, I got this one wrong, lads'.
DL5 wrote:you're obsessed with making something out of nothing, people see right through you for what you are every time.
No, I'm not. It just irks me to see people talk bullshit. It's not a coincidence I've picked you up more than most for talking shite. It's not a vendetta. It's just simply that you're an idiot. An idiot who does a job, the incumbents of which, I normally respect. And that worries me.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:37 pm

'Assaulted' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck off man.

Nowt happened, he kicked the ball from under him and obviously caught him with his shin pad. Woop de doo. The ball boy rolled around like he'd been shot...if i had my way he'd be taken out the back and lashed and hopefully his rich daddy has done so :thumbup:

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:43 pm

DL5 wrote:Ok, I'll put you in your place to set the record straight.
Having read your response, and as you usually do, you've managed to hang yourself after I dangled the rope
Really? :lol: , I disagree, strange we don't agree eh? :roll:
DL5 wrote:I said that he intentinally kicked the lad in the ribs
A kick in the Jacobs wrote:Yes, yes you did.
Agreed, first time for everything
DL5 wrote:You reacted by saying it's people like me that get others unwarranted criminal records. I responded by saying that I wasn't calling for him to be prosecuted

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:Wtf are you saying? Spit it out, should he be prosecuted or not? Don't hide behind nuances.
I'm saying you misunderstood me or was it twisted to fit in with your flawed agenda?
DL5 wrote:You then comically turned it on it's head by saying

"DL5 thinks that someone who intentionally kicks someone in them ribs should not be prosecuted"
A kick in the Jacobs wrote:No, I didn't turn anything on its head. I followed your statements to their natural conclusion.
Yes you did turn it around as I said
DL5 wrote:You said that in a feeble attempt to question my integrity in an underhand way as ever, despite your digs at me changing from "you want him prosecuting for nothing" to "you don't think he should be prosecuted for kicking someone in the ribs" make up your mind, you can't have it both ways
A kick in the Jacobs wrote:I can't believe you've typed that last sentence. How am I trying to have it both ways? I'm highlighting your hypocrisy. It's you that's trying to have it both ways. Whichever route you take on this, you're going to end up looking either a hypocrite or someone who thinks it's appropriate for someone to have a criminal record for nothing. Come on, blurt out which one it is.
If you can't see how you're trying to have it both ways then there's little hope of me being able to explain it to you
DL5 wrote:Anyway answer this. Do you think the CPS should run a case that's not supported by the victim in this instance?

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:Does the CPS need the victim's support to prosecute? I didn't think it did if it was in the public's interest to prosecute.

Why are you comparing someone who intentionally kicks someone in the ribs (your words) in front of millions of people to a playground scrap or name-calling? Surely, that's got to be a cause for a prosecution. Or, maybe, just fucking maybe, he didn't intentionally kick him in the ribs. This has been the whole (rather obvious, or so I thought) point of me raising this: your comment that he intentionally kicked him in the ribs. Your mocking comments when people said kicking him in the ribs was not intentional. Your constant failure (on this and other topics) to put your hand up and say 'Sorry, I got this one wrong, lads'.
Just because it was seen by millions of members of the public is irrelevant, unsupported prosecutions are not ran for this sort of thing you complete wizzard's sleeve, that's reserved for something worthwhile (domestic, aggravated offences, serious crime) I can't believe you're trying to slate me on the assumption that I may have said that the incident shouldn't be prosecuted, for the record in this case it clearly shouldn't. Given all the circumstances why should a criminal prosecution be ran? a minor incident denied by Hazard, unsupported by the ballboy, yeah like that's going anywhere :lol: Don't comment on something you have no idea about in future.

It appeared to me like he intentionally kicked him in the ribs, that's why I said it, you thought I was calling for a prosecution (unwarranted criminal record comment) so had a pop over that then had a pop when you thought I didn't want a prosecution, which you now know is the case but have been put in your place over that in the above paragraph. As I said you're wanting it both ways, I can't explain it any clearer
DL5 wrote:you're obsessed with making something out of nothing, people see right through you for what you are every time.
A kick in the Jacobs wrote:No, I'm not. It just irks me to see people talk bullshit. It's not a coincidence I've picked you up more than most for talking shite. It's not a vendetta. It's just simply that you're an idiot. An idiot who does a job, the incumbents of which, I normally respect. And that worries me.
It's you that's the idiot DJ, when you've tried to "pull me up" before I've laughed you off am doing so again you pedantic, poisioned little excuse of a man. Oh and you don't know what I do for a job, you're jumping to one of your assumptions again.

I think you're about to be the only person ever to go on my bocked list your posts just make me feel sick.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:41 pm

What a crock of shite. Yet another post from you containing more twists and turns than Steve Bruce's nose. You've again failed to understand my comments on your statements instead coming up with bollocks about wanting it both ways. CID wouldn't ever spend much time considering your application.

You believe Hazard intentionally kicked someone in the ribs, yet don't believe he should be prosecuted. Just what goes on in your head?

I'll say it again because I can't quite believe it. You believe Hazard intentionally kicked someone in the ribs yet don't believe he should be prosecuted :lol: :roll:

A minor incident, he says. Is a kicking in the ribs a regularly thing round your way?

Just admit that your comment saying Hazard intentionally kicked him in the ribs was a load of s***. You'll always be an idiot in my eyes but there's maybe some on here that will look on you more favourably.

:shh:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Can I just comment that "wizards sleeve" is a fantastic insult.

As you were, chaps.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 pm

I just had to check the previous posts to check I wasn't going mad.
A kick in the Jacobs wrote:DL5 thinks that someone who intentionally kicks someone in the ribs should not be prosecuted.

(This post has been made as this fact has been cleansed from the thread for some reason)
His response was:
I was that wrong, he claimed exactly the same in his later posts.

The bloke's a bit 'special'.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:58 pm

Quakerz wrote:Can I just comment that "wizards sleeve" is a fantastic insult.
You've not come across that term before? :shock:

DL5

Post by DL5 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:21 pm

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:What a crock of shite. Yet another post from you containing more twists and turns than Steve Bruce's nose. You've again failed to understand my comments on your statements instead coming up with bollocks about wanting it both ways. CID wouldn't ever spend much time considering your application.

You believe Hazard intentionally kicked someone in the ribs, yet don't believe he should be prosecuted. Just what goes on in your head?

I'll say it again because I can't quite believe it. You believe Hazard intentionally kicked someone in the ribs yet don't believe he should be prosecuted :lol: :roll:

A minor incident, he says. Is a kicking in the ribs a regularly thing round your way?
You're really quite a disturbing character DJ, you're the one twisting like a teething baby on a helter skelter and you can't admit it.

I'll say it again, you had a go at me when you thought I was calling for a prosecution now your laughable angle of attack is based around the fact that I don't think a kick in the ribs is worthy of prosecution. Absorb the words and understand

On THIS occasion there's no reason for a prosecution IMO and if you believe there is then you're the sort of person who gets someone an unwarranted criminal record, if you don't then we agree so WTF is it then? You're either that sort of person or you've been arguing about something you agree with me on.

Are you so stupid that you really think every situation where someone is kicked in the ribs I'll have the same opinion? :lol: Talk about a generalisation :roll:

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:Just admit that your comment saying Hazard intentionally kicked him in the ribs was a load of s***. You'll always be an idiot in my eyes but there's maybe some on here that will look on you more favourably.

:shh:
Why would I change my stance on this? It looked that way to me, I don't think we'll ever know for sure so no opinion on it is a load of s***. The only thing that's a load of s*** is your attitude by dismissing my opinion on it out of hand.

It's you that will always be the idiot and nothing short of a troll on these boards. I know others look upon you the same way.

Leave it now eh? Deej :shh:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:30 pm

Quakerz wrote:Can I just comment that "wizards sleeve" is a fantastic insult.
You've not come across that term before? :shock:
Yes, quite a few times.

I said "it's a fantastic insult", not "oooh I haven't heard that before"

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Quakerz wrote:Yes, quite a few times.

I said "it's a fantastic insult", not "oooh I haven't heard that before"
Whatever it is, I'm surprised.