Brazil v England

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

fozzovmurton
Team Supported: Darlington

Brazil v England

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu May 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Just seen on BBC News 24 Brazil v England has been cancelled due to saftey issues, although the CBF are trying to get it on.

Not looking good for the Confederations Cup or World Cup next year
Last edited by fozzovmurton on Thu May 30, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Bogratsteve

Re: Brazil v England

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu May 30, 2013 8:58 pm

That would be great if you have just landed in Rio and shelved out for flights, tickets, hotels etc

Mind you a few days on the beach would make up for it

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu May 30, 2013 9:03 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:That would be great if you have just landed in Rio and shelved out for flights, tickets, hotels etc

Mind you a few days on the beach would make up for it
A few days on the drink on the Copacabana would not be too bad

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu May 30, 2013 9:10 pm

I've been to Rio and confirm there are worse places to kill a few days!

In fact, the England game being cancelled is surely a bonus

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu May 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:I've been to Rio and confirm there are worse places to kill a few days!

I would love to goto Rio one day, heard the women are easy on the eyes and the Copacabana is a good area to kill time with a few beers

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu May 30, 2013 10:14 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:I've been to Rio and confirm there are worse places to kill a few days!

I would love to goto Rio one day, heard the women are easy on the eyes and the Copacabana is a good area to kill time with a few beers

Marxista Fozz
Both copacabana and ipanema are exactly how you'd imagine.

I was only there a few days (came up from São Paulo to watch a game with some Palmeiras supporting friends I was staying with - almost got killed by ultras the evening after the game but that's another story!) and although Rio is an amazing place, the people seemed more up their own arse and less cool than those from São Paulo.

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Thu May 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:

Marxista Fozz
Both copacabana and ipanema are exactly how you'd imagine.

I was only there a few days (came up from São Paulo to watch a game with some Palmeiras supporting friends I was staying with - almost got killed by ultras the evening after the game but that's another story!) and although Rio is an amazing place, the people seemed more up their own arse and less cool than those from São Paulo.
Top class review Jazz, expect to see that quote in a Thomas Cook brochure soon!

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri May 31, 2013 6:36 am

Looks like game is now back on
442 Football Crazy Admin

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Fri May 31, 2013 6:44 am

Game on :clap:

Not that it matters as I cant see anything but a hammering coming

Brazil 4 England 0 my prediction :thumbdown:

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri May 31, 2013 9:06 am

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:Game on :clap:

Not that it matters as I cant see anything but a hammering coming

Brazil 4 England 0 my prediction :thumbdown:
After the Ireland game, I can also see a hammering coming, that team is so much of a waste of space, I am confident enough we will get beat that I got a bet on with a mate, I gave him England...and the Draw

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 31, 2013 11:05 am

Brazil aren't the force they once were, and England are not the farce people are making out.

They'll flatter to deceive with lots of tricks and flicks, we'll be dull and dogged. I expect a Brazil win, but I don't think they'll steam-roller us.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri May 31, 2013 11:21 am

I reckon we will win and all the fuss over the Ireland game will be forgotten about and we will be classed as potential world cup winners again, such is the fickleness of the press and fan base when it comes to the national team! :?

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri May 31, 2013 11:50 am

Spyman wrote:Brazil aren't the force they once were, and England are not the farce people are making out.

They'll flatter to deceive with lots of tricks and flicks, we'll be dull and dogged. I expect a Brazil win, but I don't think they'll steam-roller us.
Pretty much agree with this.

Brazil have swung between competent and shite over the last couple of years, I think either side could get a result although agree it would be more likely to be Brazil.

My money is on a dog-shit 1-1 draw.

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Fri May 31, 2013 2:22 pm

Brazil are basically a more skillful version of our very own "Golden Generation".

A side pretty much packed with world class players who for some reason can't seem to gel as a team. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if they smashed everyone out of sight at the World Cup next year.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Fri May 31, 2013 4:20 pm

After our performance against Ireland, i can he us getting a tanking. Yes Brazil aren't what they used to be, but we're just fucking shite.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:35 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:After our performance against Ireland, i can he us getting a tanking. Yes Brazil aren't what they used to be, but we're just fucking shite.
No, we're not.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:38 pm

Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:After our performance against Ireland, i can he us getting a tanking. Yes Brazil aren't what they used to be, but we're just fucking shite.
No, we're not.

Yes, we are

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:29 pm

1 defeat in 16 says otherwise, including draws with Italy and France.

DC

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:46 pm

Spyman wrote:1 defeat in 16 says otherwise, including draws with Italy and France.

And also wins over teams like San Marino & moldova, not exactly accurate mate. maybe 'shite' was a little bit harsh, but we're not great. we have good individual players but we've never been able to play as a team. we've been disjointed for years and watching England feels like a chore rather than a pleasure

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:51 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:
Spyman wrote:1 defeat in 16 says otherwise, including draws with Italy and France.

And also wins over teams like San Marino & moldova, not exactly accurate mate. maybe 'shite' was a little bit harsh, but we're not great. we have good individual players but we've never been able to play as a team. we've been disjointed for years and watching England feels like a chore rather than a pleasure
Sounds like Holland in the early/mid 90's, cracking players, should have won things, but could never seemingly gel, a case of 11 players playing for themseves instead of each other

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:25 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:

Nobody said England are great. We are solid, hard to beat, but lacking in attacking threat. Certainly not shite, as you say, we beat teams like Moldova and San Marino with ease.

DC

DTID

Post by DTID » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:

Nobody said England are great. We are solid, hard to beat, but lacking in attacking threat. Certainly not shite, as you say, we beat teams like Moldova and San Marino with ease.

The problem we've had for years is having managers who start players on their reputation rather than form players. For example, why are the likes of Lambert and Le Fondre being called up? They play for below par Premier League sides and score regularly. I just don't understand why they are never given a chance in friendlies.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:29 pm

DTID wrote:
The problem we've had for years is having managers who start players on their reputation rather than form players. For example, why are the likes of Lambert and Le Fondre being called up? They play for below par Premier League sides and score regularly. I just don't understand why they are never given a chance in friendlies.

Fucking Adam Le Fondre? :lol:

Have you ever wondered why these players are playing for below par Premiership sides in the first place, and why the likes of Rooney et al are playing for the top Premiership sides?

These players are generally not called up because they aren't as good as the ones who are, which happens to be the same reason why said players are still stuck at second-rate Premiership sides.

I agree that it can't harm to give the likes of Lambert a chance, since he is in-form, but he isn't the fucking saviour. And he's certainly not a better footballer than Defoe, Sturridge, Rooney, or Welbeck.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:39 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
DTID wrote:

Fucking Adam Le Fondre? :lol:

Have you ever wondered why these players are playing for below par Premiership sides in the first place, and why the likes of Rooney et al are playing for the top Premiership sides?

These players are generally not called up because they aren't as good as the ones who are, which happens to be the same reason why said players are still stuck at second-rate Premiership sides.

I agree that it can't harm to give the likes of Lambert a chance, since he is in-form, but he isn't the fucking saviour. And he's certainly not a better footballer than Defoe, Sturridge, Rooney, or Welbeck.
Exactly. I constantly read comments from people having a pop at the likes of Wellbeck, Cleverley, Milner etc, suggesting that because Lambert or Holt have scored more goals they must be better players.

DC

Stan_Darlo

Post by Stan_Darlo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:36 pm

I actually think England are decent value at 11/2 tonight, two pretty average sides and we beat them only a few months back, Brazil slight favorites but 11/2 is very generous imo.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Stan_Darlo wrote:I actually think England are decent value at 11/2 tonight, two pretty average sides and we beat them only a few months back, Brazil slight favorites but 11/2 is very generous imo.
That does seem decent value actually.

DC

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Just watching the game now...

When it comes to the National Anthems, I thought it was traditional to play the visitors anthem before the hosts

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Harts having a blinder!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Another typical ultra negative Hodgson performance.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Another typical DOTU post.