Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

cameron-darlo
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:55 am

lo36789 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19922635

This probably helps.

He's a horrible man that Ashley with his cheap ticket prices.
Newcastle fans have always had around 50k for League games though. When i was a kid it used to be hard to get tickets for home games because they would always sell out, i seem to remember on sky sports that a game against Blackburn was the first time we didn't sell out for a number of years, i think it was around the souness era. people can't challenge Newcastle fans' loyalty to the club, because its one of the strongest out there.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11793
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:20 am

cameron-darlo wrote:people can't challenge Newcastle fans' loyalty to the club, because its one of the strongest out there.
Don't confuse taking your shirt off at a football match with loyalty.

I wouldn't say hounding the clubs saviour to a point where he wants to sell the club a particularly strong show of loyalty. Certainly not supporting the clubs best interests.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6176
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by loan_star » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:29 am

cameron-darlo wrote: people can't challenge Newcastle fans' loyalty to the club, because its one of the strongest out there.
Of course we can! Maybe it was before your time but I've been to St James on a number of occasions when you could just turn up at the gate and get in. Crowds of around 15000 even before capacities were reduced due to Bradford etc, at a time when they were in the old 1st Division, with the likes of Gazza, Roeder, Goddard and Beardsley in the side, plus it was under a fiver to get in!!!! Where were the other 20000 plus "loyal" Geordies then? They only started turning up when Hall started throwing the cash around, which he knew he would get back plus interest as well!! Then a man turns up to run the club on a budget and all the "loyal" Geordies turn on him for not throwing even more cash around.

Loyal my arse!!!

cameron-darlo
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:33 am

loan_star wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote: people can't challenge Newcastle fans' loyalty to the club, because its one of the strongest out there.
Of course we can! Maybe it was before your time but I've been to St James on a number of occasions when you could just turn up at the gate and get in. Crowds of around 15000 even before capacities were reduced due to Bradford etc, at a time when they were in the old 1st Division, with the likes of Gazza, Roeder, Goddard and Beardsley in the side, plus it was under a fiver to get in!!!! Where were the other 20000 plus "loyal" Geordies then? They only started turning up when Hall started throwing the cash around, which he knew he would get back plus interest as well!! Then a man turns up to run the club on a budget and all the "loyal" Geordies turn on him for not throwing even more cash around.

Loyal my arse!!!
10th highest average attendance in Europe last season despite nearly getting relegated says it all.

this bloke explains my opinions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gBMVqJ-Krs

cameron-darlo
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:46 am

Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:people can't challenge Newcastle fans' loyalty to the club, because its one of the strongest out there.
Don't confuse taking your shirt off at a football match with loyalty.
Fantastic bit of stereotyping there spyman.

lo36789
Posts: 8412
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:50 am

cameron-darlo wrote:10th highest average attendance in Europe last season despite nearly getting relegated says it all.

this bloke explains my opinions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gBMVqJ-Krs
Well I guess that must mean that Manchester United fans are the 2nd most loyal in Europe and that Manchester City fans are wow the 14th most loyal because of their attendances.

If Crawley were relegation fodder in the Premier League, had a 200,000 capacity stadium, gave away free tickets then would they have the most loyal fans in the country? Because I tell you they would probably fill the thing.

cameron-darlo
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:51 am

This transfer window is pretty much proving my point. 25 days until the new season starts and we've still signed no one. we've got a 'main' striker who hasn't kicked a ball this pre season because of a stupid Wonga row. then we've got Shola and Campbell.

27 days until we play Man City and we've still got the same crop of shite from last season with no new additions and decent squad players have left.

Its okay though, the finances are on top form and Ashley is doing a fantastic job.

cameron-darlo
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:52 am

lo36789 wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:10th highest average attendance in Europe last season despite nearly getting relegated says it all.

this bloke explains my opinions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gBMVqJ-Krs
Well I guess that must mean that Manchester United fans are the 2nd most loyal in Europe and that Manchester City fans are wow the 14th most loyal because of their attendances.

If Crawley were relegation fodder in the Premier League, had a 200,000 capacity stadium, gave away free tickets then would they have the most loyal fans in the country? Because I tell you they would probably fill the thing.
You're just being stupid with the Crawley comparison because it'd never happen. People just can't say Newcastle fans aren't loyal to their club, Because we are.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11793
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:15 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:This transfer window is pretty much proving my point. 25 days until the new season starts and we've still signed no one. we've got a 'main' striker who hasn't kicked a ball this pre season because of a stupid Wonga row. then we've got Shola and Campbell.

27 days until we play Man City and we've still got the same crop of shite from last season with no new additions and decent squad players have left.

Its okay though, the finances are on top form and Ashley is doing a fantastic job.
What will keep your club in existence? Secure finances, or Premiership football that you can't afford?

If your support is that loyal, they'll support the club through thick and thin at whatever level you end up at.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789
Posts: 8412
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:51 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:People just can't say Newcastle fans aren't loyal to their club
Considering you are backing up that statement with the reason
cameron-darlo wrote:Because we are.
I feel that people can.

cameron-darlo
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:This transfer window is pretty much proving my point. 25 days until the new season starts and we've still signed no one. we've got a 'main' striker who hasn't kicked a ball this pre season because of a stupid Wonga row. then we've got Shola and Campbell.

27 days until we play Man City and we've still got the same crop of shite from last season with no new additions and decent squad players have left.

Its okay though, the finances are on top form and Ashley is doing a fantastic job.
What will keep your club in existence? Secure finances, or Premiership football that you can't afford?

If your support is that loyal, they'll support the club through thick and thin at whatever level you end up at.
Jesus christ. we can afford it, that's the point. we're barely existing as a football club, we're more like a business. Every football club should have some ambition, we have absolutely none. Teams around us are strengthening and we're not. The money IS there to invest, Ashley just won't.

But you're just going to keep arguing the same points so there's no point in going round in circles.

cameron-darlo
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:08 pm

I'll just throw a quick question out there... would you be happy if Darlo were just existing, only just surviving relegation, despite having a healthy bank balance to kick on and show a little ambition?

its massive wages that tend to kill football clubs, not one off transfer fee's when the clubs are making profit, its about finding the right balance. Newcastle have found the right balance with the Wage cap. a couple of quality £10-15 Million players wouldn't put us at financial risk with the wage cap in place considering we've already got players off the wage bill this summer.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11793
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:44 pm

I want Darlington to play at the highest level they can reach by living within their means. If that means getting to a point where because of limited income we were fighting relegation year after year, so be it. I wouldn't want the club's long term future to be put at risk for a bit of short term glory.

Mike Ashley has been very clear in that the club was not sustainable, and he has worked hard to make it sustainable. Over the last few years the club has been hugely successful at signing good players for reasonable prices and selling them on at profit to allow the club to thrive. I don't see why you think throwing millions of pounds around will make a difference - surely as a Newcastle fan, even a relatively new one, you can see that this is no gaurantee of success?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789
Posts: 8412
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:44 pm

I don't understand how you know this?

Fatty eats roadkill
Posts: 3633
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 7:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: On top of a 29 year old big chested woman

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Cameron, if it was your money running a club would you listen to a lot of deluded fat tattooed lobotomised jocks telling you how to spend your money?

Personally I'd threaten to shut you down if I was Cashley!

There's nowt worse than a toon army man and yes that means your mob are even worse than the chimp toppers!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

TDS
Posts: 945
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by TDS » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:02 pm

I love how you state it's not huge transfer fee's that kill clubs but huge wages..

The two generally come hand in hand in the premier league, mate.

I'm not surprised Ashley is fed up!

I agree that people like Joke In Here aren't inspiring confidence at the moment, but throwing money around is hardly going to remedy that is it? You could end up with a heap of shite handcuffed to you with high wages and long contracts.

Ashley hates you as much as you hate him remember, twice trying to get rid of the club, but no fucker wanted it. I wonder why.

Is Gouffran not a striker anymore btw? :wtf:

User avatar
DarloOnTheUp
Posts: 6338
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:01 pm

An expensive transfer is no guarantee of success anyways as players can be overvalued, whilst others are undervalued. I would prefer it if my chairman was looking for hidden gems who cost less than big names who quite often fail to live up to their billing (usually because they're bought for more than they're worth).

Of course, I'm sure you'd blame Ashley whatever the outcome.

cameron-darlo
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by cameron-darlo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:30 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:An expensive transfer is no guarantee of success anyways as players can be overvalued, whilst others are undervalued. I would prefer it if my chairman was looking for hidden gems who cost less than big names who quite often fail to live up to their billing (usually because they're bought for more than they're worth).

Of course, I'm sure you'd blame Ashley whatever the outcome.
I'd prefer we'd do that as well. but we won't.

cameron-darlo
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by cameron-darlo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:34 pm

TDS wrote:I agree that people like Joke In Here aren't inspiring confidence at the moment, but throwing money around is hardly going to remedy that is it? You could end up with a heap of shite handcuffed to you with high wages and long contracts.

Ashley hates you as much as you hate him remember, twice trying to get rid of the club, but no fucker wanted it. I wonder why.

Is Gouffran not a striker anymore btw? :wtf:
For as long as Ashley is here there won't be any players here on high wages. and that is a good thing.

Gouffran was played out wide last season which is why i haven't included him as a striker. But the word is Pardew is looking at playing him more central this season with 2 up front, if that's the case then we still need at least 1 striker.

lo36789
Posts: 8412
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:05 pm

But you have 4?

Gouffran, Cisse, Ameobi and Campbell.

If you get an injury to either of the first 2 I reckon you will end up going 4-5-1 wih a 3 man CM of Cabaye, Sissoko & Tiote. Then have Ben Arfa and Gutierrez as your wingers.

That said. If I was Newcastle I would be trying to get Darren Bent on the cheap if possible. Villa don't want him and his wages must be killing them. With it being a World Cup year you might be able to pull his wage demands down a bit.

Again saying that...you have no idea what enquiries Newcastle have been making for players. What's to say wage/transfer fee demands have been extortionate. I think the Michael Owen debacle and the rest was the last over expensive ride Ashley wants to be taken on!

cameron-darlo
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by cameron-darlo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:30 pm

lo36789 wrote:But you have 4?

Gouffran, Cisse, Ameobi and Campbell.

If you get an injury to either of the first 2 I reckon you will end up going 4-5-1 wih a 3 man CM of Cabaye, Sissoko & Tiote. Then have Ben Arfa and Gutierrez as your wingers.

That said. If I was Newcastle I would be trying to get Darren Bent on the cheap if possible. Villa don't want him and his wages must be killing them. With it being a World Cup year you might be able to pull his wage demands down a bit.

Again saying that...you have no idea what enquiries Newcastle have been making for players. What's to say wage/transfer fee demands have been extortionate. I think the Michael Owen debacle and the rest was the last over expensive ride Ashley wants to be taken on!
I'd like to see Marveaux get a chance ahead of Jonas, as i just don't rate him, brings nothing to the side other than hard work.

4-5-1 doesn't work with us though, Our loan striker always gets isolated because of a lack of service, i hope players like Tiote & Cabaye (if he's still here) step up this season, because if not, its going to be another season from hell. we're pretty heavy in CM though with Anita and Bigirimana more than capable of stepping up, that's the only position apart from GK i'm comfortable with.

A lot of players need to prove themselves this season, and with it being a World Cup year as you say, i hope they do..... You just never know with Newcastle!

User avatar
fozzovmurton
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Murton, Co. Durham
Contact:

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:25 pm

I see Papiss Cisse has supposedly backed down in the Wonga argument after he was seemingly spotted at Card Table in a Casino, bit hypocritical considering gambling is also a big no-no in Islam

http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2013/0 ... o.html?m=1
Image
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

lo36789
Posts: 8412
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:48 am

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -loic-remy

Would Remy & Gomis satisfy your needs Cameron?

By the wording on the report sounds like Newcastle have been trying to broker a deal for the right price behind the scenes.

TDS
Posts: 945
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by TDS » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:49 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:I see Papiss Cisse has supposedly backed down in the Wonga argument after he was seemingly spotted at Card Table in a Casino, bit hypocritical considering gambling is also a big no-no in Islam

http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2013/0 ... o.html?m=1
His religious beliefs were the reason he refused to have wonga on his shirt in the first place. Is it proven he was gambling?

Cameron if you're that frustrated just get a ST or two for Darlo cos we've signed everyone we need ages ago!

User avatar
MaddosMilkman
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by MaddosMilkman » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:09 pm

TDS wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:I see Papiss Cisse has supposedly backed down in the Wonga argument after he was seemingly spotted at Card Table in a Casino, bit hypocritical considering gambling is also a big no-no in Islam

http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2013/0 ... o.html?m=1
His religious beliefs were the reason he refused to have wonga on his shirt in the first place. Is it proven he was gambling?

Cameron if you're that frustrated just get a ST or two for Darlo cos we've signed everyone we need ages ago!
Was it really his religious beliefs though? Or was he simply looking for a move away from the club?

User avatar
fozzovmurton
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Murton, Co. Durham
Contact:

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:29 pm

TDS wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:I see Papiss Cisse has supposedly backed down in the Wonga argument after he was seemingly spotted at Card Table in a Casino, bit hypocritical considering gambling is also a big no-no in Islam

http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2013/0 ... o.html?m=1
His religious beliefs were the reason he refused to have wonga on his shirt in the first place. Is it proven he was gambling?

Cameron if you're that frustrated just get a ST or two for Darlo cos we've signed everyone we need ages ago!
I don't think it has been fully proved whether he was gambling, he may just been sitting at the Card Table watching a mate, I will give him benefit of doubt, but he came under fire just for being there in the first place, with main argument being if he is so against Wonga, then why would he go into a Casino...

Oh well, I could not give a monkeys toss at the end of the day
Image
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

User avatar
fozzovmurton
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Murton, Co. Durham
Contact:

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:30 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:
TDS wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:I see Papiss Cisse has supposedly backed down in the Wonga argument after he was seemingly spotted at Card Table in a Casino, bit hypocritical considering gambling is also a big no-no in Islam

http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2013/0 ... o.html?m=1
His religious beliefs were the reason he refused to have wonga on his shirt in the first place. Is it proven he was gambling?

Cameron if you're that frustrated just get a ST or two for Darlo cos we've signed everyone we need ages ago!
I don't think it has been fully proved whether he was gambling, he may just been sitting at the Card Table watching a mate, I will give him benefit of doubt, but he came under fire just for being there in the first place, with main argument being if he is so against Wonga, then why would he go into a Casino as gambling is frowned upon in Islam

Oh well, I could not give a monkeys toss at the end of the day

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
Image
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

cameron-darlo
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by cameron-darlo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:37 am

lo36789 wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -loic-remy

Would Remy & Gomis satisfy your needs Cameron?

By the wording on the report sounds like Newcastle have been trying to broker a deal for the right price behind the scenes.
Gomis would certainly give us a boost up front. Not sure about Remy, if he came here he'd have to win some fans round after last time.

al_quaker
Posts: 5520
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by al_quaker » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:28 am

cameron-darlo wrote:
lo36789 wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -loic-remy

Would Remy & Gomis satisfy your needs Cameron?

By the wording on the report sounds like Newcastle have been trying to broker a deal for the right price behind the scenes.
Gomis would certainly give us a boost up front. Not sure about Remy, if he came here he'd have to win some fans round after last time.
The hypocritical nature of football fans means that as soon as Remy scored a goal, he would be a hero.

cameron-darlo
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by cameron-darlo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:19 am

al_quaker wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:
lo36789 wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -loic-remy

Would Remy & Gomis satisfy your needs Cameron?

By the wording on the report sounds like Newcastle have been trying to broker a deal for the right price behind the scenes.
Gomis would certainly give us a boost up front. Not sure about Remy, if he came here he'd have to win some fans round after last time.
The hypocritical nature of football fans means that as soon as Remy scored a goal, he would be a hero.
Can't disagree with that. a winner against the Mackems and he'd be an instant hero.

Post Reply