Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MaddosMilkman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by MaddosMilkman » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Newcastle supporters are notorious for being over emotional when it comes to their club. Ashley could sign Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar but if he (correctly) pointed out Kevin Keegans managerial failings they'd be calling for him to be hung, drawn and quartered.

TDS

Post by TDS » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:10 pm

If I bought a football club, and I owned another business, I'd have the logo plastered fucking EVERYWHERE, and it'd be my right, because let's face it, the more publicity my business gets the more money I "may" (at my discretion) invest in the football club. These thick bastards don't realise that whilst Ashley is there to steer the ship, he might try and let NUFC scratch his back also?

The guy downs a pint... fuck me, lets nail him to the cross.

How much did the French contingent cost? I can't be bothered to do any research but I'm sure he did well to get Carroll and Ba out the door for the money he did and he's got every right to keep all of that in his back pocket if he so pleases.

Let's face it, Joe Kinnear is a complete cnut. No debate. Mike Ashley has done more for NUFC than NUFC has done for him, and as chairmen go these days that's something to be over the fucking moon about!

I've always had a couple of annoying Geordies in my ear complaining about how bad certain decisions are at NUFC. :roll:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:06 pm

TDS wrote:If I bought a football club, and I owned another business, I'd have the logo plastered fucking EVERYWHERE, and it'd be my right, because let's face it, the more publicity my business gets the more money I "may" (at my discretion) invest in the football club. These thick bastards don't realise that whilst Ashley is there to steer the ship, he might try and let NUFC scratch his back also?

The guy downs a pint... fuck me, lets nail him to the cross.

How much did the French contingent cost? I can't be bothered to do any research but I'm sure he did well to get Carroll and Ba out the door for the money he did and he's got every right to keep all of that in his back pocket if he so pleases.

Let's face it, Joe Kinnear is a complete cnut. No debate. Mike Ashley has done more for NUFC than NUFC has done for him, and as chairmen go these days that's something to be over the fucking moon about!

I've always had a couple of annoying Geordies in my ear complaining about how bad certain decisions are at NUFC. :roll:
Quite right about downing a pint - if he'd done it with his shirt off he'd have been indistinguishable from thousands of fat Geordie pricks anyway.

But no, he wouldn't have the right to pocket cash made from selling Back and Carroll, any more than Singh would've had the right to pocket the Stockdale cash.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

TDS

Post by TDS » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:47 am

My point was he paid for the assets, he pays the wages, he could sell everyone, the stadium, the land, the pint glasses in the bar. You get my point. Yes it would be wrong and unethical etc etc.

But to claim he hasn't spent any money and he's tight as fuck just isn't the case. He's careful, if he's made more on transfers than he's lost and you're building season on season. What can you say?

In saying all this I'm no expert on Newcastle united and I care very little. It just seems they give Ashley heaps of s*** season after season when he's really not the problem!

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:38 pm

TDS wrote:My point was he paid for the assets, he pays the wages, he could sell everyone, the stadium, the land, the pint glasses in the bar. You get my point. Yes it would be wrong and unethical etc etc.

But to claim he hasn't spent any money and he's tight as fuck just isn't the case. He's careful, if he's made more on transfers than he's lost and you're building season on season. What can you say?

In saying all this I'm no expert on Newcastle united and I care very little. It just seems they give Ashley heaps of s*** season after season when he's really not the problem!
Go on then tell me, who is the problem? because it certainly isn't the fans.

His lack of investment last summer nearly got us relegated again. if you own a football club, you should be willing to invest money when needed. and yes i know he's paid off debts, but all of that will be paid back to him when he sells the club.

Ashley's 'careful with money' granted, in some ways its a good thing, we're financially sound which i'm pleased about, but there's a serious lack of investment on the pitch. if we're going to kick on we need to spend this summer.. its not like he's skint. a couple of 10 Million players, within the wage structure & get rid players like Perch, Obertan, Gosling etc who aren't good enough, then we'd be in a better place. there's not enough quality in the squad, last season proved that.

The fans are just annoyed that we're giving everything to the club and getting very little in return

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:05 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:His lack of investment last summer nearly got us relegated again. if you own a football club, you should be willing to invest money when needed. and yes i know he's paid off debts, but all of that will be paid back to him when he sells the club.
To be fair given where Newcastle finished the season before it should have taken a great deal to keep the side together. NUFC did have a decent core of a side.

His biggest problem was/is employing Alan Pardew who for me doesn't cut it in the Premier League. I kind of think Kinnear has been employed to tip him over the edge...

The lack of investment in youth at Newcastle is embarrasing. Geordies claim they are from a football city yet their club produce nothing - Steven Taylor is about it in the past decade and he is the definition of average.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:56 pm

TDS wrote:My point was he paid for the assets, he pays the wages, he could sell everyone, the stadium, the land, the pint glasses in the bar. You get my point. Yes it would be wrong and unethical etc etc.

I doubt he pays the wages. I expect they are covered by income through gates, sponsorship, TV deals, selling players at a profit etc.

If he hadn't made the club sustainable, then yes, he'd either be paying the wages or the club would be fucked. Thankfully, he's one of the better owners around, so this isn't the case.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:10 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:

His lack of investment last summer nearly got us relegated again. if you own a football club, you should be willing to invest money when needed. and yes i know he's paid off debts, but all of that will be paid back to him when he sells the club.

Ashley's 'careful with money' granted, in some ways its a good thing, we're financially sound which i'm pleased about, but there's a serious lack of investment on the pitch. if we're going to kick on we need to spend this summer.. its not like he's skint. a couple of 10 Million players, within the wage structure & get rid players like Perch, Obertan, Gosling etc who aren't good enough, then we'd be in a better place. there's not enough quality in the squad, last season proved that.

The fans are just annoyed that we're giving everything to the club and getting very little in return
There is no problem. The club is finding its level through sustainability.

You talk about Ashley having to invest - why should he? Why do you expect him to plough his own money in to the club for the glory of the fans who show him nothing but disdain for putting them on a level footing?

No club deserves a rich owner to pump their own fortune in. Some are "lucky" enough to have one, the rest should just be grateful of having the finance to continue to exist.

DC

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Just going round in circles here :roll:

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:

There is no problem. The club is finding its level through sustainability.

You talk about Ashley having to invest - why should he? Why do you expect him to plough his own money in to the club for the glory of the fans who show him nothing but disdain for putting them on a level footing?

No club deserves a rich owner to pump their own fortune in. Some are "lucky" enough to have one, the rest should just be grateful of having the finance to continue to exist.

Indeed - if Newcastle can't afford to invest a load of money on players with the money that the football club generates, then there really shouldn't be an expectation for Ashley to put his own money in. I think Ashley has done more good than bad for Newcastle. There have been some odd decisions, including the appointment of Kinnear as DoF, but that could in theory work out really well!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:26 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:Just going round in circles here :roll:
Yep, and I'll continue having to repeat myself until you can understand that Mike Ashley, nor anyone else, owes Newcastle United a substantial financial subsidy.

The only problem at Newcastle is the unrealistic expectations and delusions of grandeur of the support, nothing to do with the way the club is being run.

DC

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:10 pm

Dont think he can sell the land, . i have always been under the impression SJP was owned by the council and that was a reason John Hall wanted to build on the Town Moor if i remember correctly... It seems to me Mike Ashley likes being controversial and all probably all publicity, good and bad, is good news to him...

He made a balls up with Kevin Keegan, that was always going to end in tears, should not have took Alan Shearer on, no disrepect to Shearer, but the position they were in they should have found a more experienced manager.

Sacking Chris Hughton was rather shitty, considering five months after he managed the club to the Championship Title and had just murdered Sunderland, and when Pardew came in, I thought it was a disaster waiting to happen and it would end up in a similar problem as Sunderland under Howard Wilkinson
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:08 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:Go on then tell me, who is the problem? because it certainly isn't the fans.
The fans are the problem though along with Shepherd and Hall before Ashley came along. The club was run in a similar vein to Leeds United, in other words it was Champions League or bust. Fortunately for the Mags, Ashley came along and took on the debt created by Hall and Shepherd (both of whom did very well out of NUFC as well) and he put it back on a sounder footing. The reason why the fans are the problem is that they dont understand the full mess Ashley took on and still expect him to fork out millions on players and wages as well as get the debt down to a manageable level.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Spyman wrote:
Yep, and I'll continue having to repeat myself until you can understand that Mike Ashley, nor anyone else, owes Newcastle United a substantial financial subsidy.

The only problem at Newcastle is the unrealistic expectations and delusions of grandeur of the support, nothing to do with the way the club is being run.

Repeat yourself all you like it won't make me agree with you.

I share the same opinion as the majority of Newcastle fans, obviously there's a lot who aren't happy. we're frustrated at the lack of transfer activity, and communication with the fans is non-existent. much like it used to be at Darlo.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:25 am

cameron-darlo wrote:
Spyman wrote:

I share the same opinion as the majority of Newcastle fans, obviously there's a lot who aren't happy. we're frustrated at the lack of transfer activity, and communication with the fans is non-existent. much like it used to be at Darlo.
Your club doesn't have the money to sustain any more transfer activity than you are currently seeing.

You don't deserve and aren't entitled to any more communication than you currently get from the board.

When will you stupid wankers get to grips with this?!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:31 am

cameron-darlo wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Yep, I can see you are thick as mince, just like the majority of Newcastle fans.

You expect transfer activity because of your delusions of grandeur.

Just be thankful you are a premiership club who won't go tits up if the owner gets bored and walks away.

Honestly, have you learnt nothing from following Darlo? If you rely on one man to prop you up and buy you players it will inevitably fall apart. If you have a man at the helm who doesn't pit money in, but cuts the clubs cloth accordingly you are on to a winner.

DC

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:30 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Your club doesn't have the money to sustain any more transfer activity than you are currently seeing.

You don't deserve and aren't entitled to any more communication than you currently get from the board.

When will you stupid wankers get to grips with this?!
All fans deserve communication from the board, being Darlo fans we should know this, we went through a period with almost no communication and it wasn't nice.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:37 am

Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Yep, I can see you are thick as mince, just like the majority of Newcastle fans.

Just be thankful you are a premiership club who won't go tits up if the owner gets bored and walks away.

Honestly, have you learnt nothing from following Darlo? If you rely on one man to prop you up and buy you players it will inevitably fall apart. If you have a man at the helm who doesn't pit money in, but cuts the clubs cloth accordingly you are on to a winner.

I'm as thick as mince because i've got a different opinion? haha okay.

I expect transfer activity because its part and parcel of Football. Players go, players come in..

You're just not seeing my point in the slightest. The way people are going on you'd think everything was great on the pitch, we nearly went down AGAIN. we should be nowhere near the relegation zone. a little more ambition from above would be canny like.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Trust me it would not be beneficial to Ashley to get relegated. If the money is there to spend he will spend it.

If he is not, that tells you something.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:40 pm

lo36789 wrote:Trust me it would not be beneficial to Ashley to get relegated. If the money is there to spend he will spend it.

If he is not, that tells you something.
Yes, that's why we panic bought in January. the money was there last summer and he took a gamble and didn't spend, and it almost cost us massively. he puts the club into daft situations through being greedy.

The guys added 550 Million to his personal wealth just over the last year. of course there's money there. but he has no ambition and is perfectly happy making a profit out of the club.. this is why the fans are annoyed!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:45 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:
Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:
Spyman wrote:

I'm as thick as mince because i've got a different opinion? haha okay.

I expect transfer activity because its part and parcel of Football. Players go, players come in..

You're just not seeing my point in the slightest. The way people are going on you'd think everything was great on the pitch, we nearly went down AGAIN. we should be nowhere near the relegation zone. a little more ambition from above would be canny like.
That's not why I think you're thick as mince.

You have seen transfer activity, plenty of players have come and gone.

You nearly went down because that reflective of the quality of player you can have as a sustainable, well run club. If you don't think you should be anywhere near the relegation zone, you need to generate more revenue. Possibly through sponsorship of the stadium and selling 'star players' and making smart purchases on the cheap....

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Demba Ba left for £7million.

Debuchy cost £5.5million.
Sissoko cost £1.8million.
Gouffran cost about £6million (€6.5m)
Yanga-Mbiwa was undisclosed

Hardly 'spending like mad'.

Infact Gouffran was basically an attempted replacement for Ba. Debuchy was down to refusal to meet Lille's previous valuation which was fair enough it was extortionate. Sissoko was probably through fear of losing Tiote (did he not go to ACN?) and Yanga-Mbiwa is/was to replace the impending departure of Coloccini.

That suggest to me he spent more through need than anything.

Relegation can cost a club about £80million, it makes business sense to spend £8-10million in order to avoid that outcome. Doesn't mean he 'had' the money back at the start of the season. It means he made a business decision.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Sissoko & M'biwa were suppose to be summer signings, but we moved for them early because of the situation we were in. we're the 20th richest club in the world, and you're saying the money isn't there? give me a break.

just for the record, Sissoko was 2.2Million, M'biwa 7Million.. don't know where you got 6Million for Gouffran because he was only 1.6Million. and Haidara 2Million

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:35 pm

Did a google search for Gouffran transfer fee and first response said €6.5m.

Ah right so that changes...nothing. net spend still £10million.

I don't get your point anymore they were summer signings brought forward, yet they were spending like mad!?

Bringing forward summer spending to maintain PL revenues is not proof that the money was there the summer before infact it actually suggests completely the opposite and that he was spending money not necessarily there to gamble on survival.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:01 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:Sissoko & M'biwa were suppose to be summer signings, but we moved for them early because of the situation we were in. we're the 20th richest club in the world, and you're saying the money isn't there? give me a break.

just for the record, Sissoko was 2.2Million, M'biwa 7Million.. don't know where you got 6Million for Gouffran because he was only 1.6Million. and Haidara 2Million
20th richest in the world, 7th in the Premiership.

8th most expensively assembled squad in last year's premiership, so actually your transfer spending is almost identical to your position of wealth within the league.

DC

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:35 pm

You skunks ARE thick as mince. You should see some of the dense fuckers I have to work with. Further proof is when there's a piece on the tele you get retards stood there shouting toon army. Darlo have won more in the last 25 years than you lot. Does that mean we should be demanding the CIC sign messi?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:00 am

Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:Sissoko & M'biwa were suppose to be summer signings, but we moved for them early because of the situation we were in. we're the 20th richest club in the world, and you're saying the money isn't there? give me a break.

8th most expensively assembled squad in last year's premiership, so actually your transfer spending is almost identical to your position of wealth within the league.

Now take into account our net spend since Ashley's been here, which will be around -30Million. and people are trying the tell me the money hasn't been there to spend? talking absolute shite. reinvest the money into the squad and keep the wage structure we have = No financial suicide.

This is why the fans are annoyed, but you don't see it so there's no point in debating anymore, you've got your opinions, i've got mine. we'll leave it at that.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:29 am

cameron-darlo wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Now take into account our net spend since Ashley's been here, which will be around -30Million. and people are trying the tell me the money hasn't been there to spend? talking absolute shite. reinvest the money into the squad and keep the wage structure we have = No financial suicide.

This is why the fans are annoyed, but you don't see it so there's no point in debating anymore, you've got your opinions, i've got mine. we'll leave it at that.
I don't really understand your point - money is there to be spent as you say, and money has been spent, as you also say.

Why not just trust that money is available to be spent on the right player when they become available, as has been the case so far?

DC

TDS

Post by TDS » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:35 pm

He's also said Ashley isn't willing to reinvest and there's been no transfer news this summer, then goes on to say the money that was going to be spent this summer was spent 5 months ago?! So basically the dosh has been spent!

Saying that, Kinnear wouldn't agree to over see transfers if there was no budget would he? It's quite obvious (to me anyway) that before money is spent , the management will sit down and look at it first.

If you sit and think about it logically also, Just because his personal wealth has increased recently, that's down to his own business decisions and hard work. At no point does this or should this translate into a new world beating football team. Learn that he is a business man and Newcastle will benefit him as much as he benefits Newcastle. Nobody can argue the latter hasn't happened either.

Impatient and unrealistic fans kill clubs. Chairmen have the job of balancing both expectations and budgets. Even if the budget equals relegation. Clubs need to find their level these days.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:45 pm

I think what young Cameron and the other Newcastle Utd intelligencia mean, is they are frustrated there have been no sensational headlines on the back of the Sun claiming Rooney and Messi are signing.

DC