Smoggie Sheik?

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MaddosMilkman
Team Supported: Darlington

Smoggie Sheik?

Post by MaddosMilkman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:15 am

lo36789

Re: Smoggie Sheik?

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:58 am

Wonder how much Gibson has lost on the Boro? They had a decent stint in the Premier League and Alen Boksic aside I don't recall that they were paying over and above what you would expect for their level.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Good news for the Boro if it happens...

I thought Boro might get relegated this season , think they only took summat like 12 points since xmas last season :shock:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:28 pm

lo36789 wrote:Wonder how much Gibson has lost on the Boro? They had a decent stint in the Premier League and Alen Boksic aside I don't recall that they were paying over and above what you would expect for their level.
Weren't Ravanelli and Emerson on a fair whack? Based on their attendance's I think they paid over the odds for a few players.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Spyman wrote:Weren't Ravanelli and Emerson on a fair whack? Based on their attendance's I think they paid over the odds for a few players.
They only lost £1.5million on Ravenelli's sell on and they made a profit on Emerson. I'd have thought that despite the relegation that season the 2 domestic cup finals would have brought them somewhere near evens for the year.

Viduka, Ehiogu, Southgate & Yakubu are the other 4 that I think may have been relatively steep on wages.

Trying not to be too obvious. I can see that he would have made fairly decent profits in the Premier League and some pretty substantial losses in the Championship. Parachutes may have softened the blow considerably.

Thing is as has previously been discussed attendances account for very little particularly in the Premier League. Their percentage of revenues is tiny.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:15 am

lo36789 wrote:
Spyman wrote:Weren't Ravanelli and Emerson on a fair whack? Based on their attendance's I think they paid over the odds for a few players.
They only lost £1.5million on Ravenelli's sell on and they made a profit on Emerson. I'd have thought that despite the relegation that season the 2 domestic cup finals would have brought them somewhere near evens for the year.

Viduka, Ehiogu, Southgate & Yakubu are the other 4 that I think may have been relatively steep on wages.

Trying not to be too obvious. I can see that he would have made fairly decent profits in the Premier League and some pretty substantial losses in the Championship. Parachutes may have softened the blow considerably.

Thing is as has previously been discussed attendances account for very little particularly in the Premier League. Their percentage of revenues is tiny.
After wages I doubt they made a profit on Emerson and ravanelli. I also doubt they made money while in the premiership.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:39 pm

They also spunked £12m on Afonso Alves, and that's without taking his wages into account.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:56 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:They also spunked £12m on Afonso Alves, and that's without taking his wages into account.
Fair point I actually forgot about the flops!

Afonso Alves and Massimo Maccarone step forward...

There is a lot of money sloshing about in that Premier League, to the point where attendances are neither here nor there.

There must be a reason why business men want to get in the game, it must be somewhat profitable to some of them!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Gate receipts still count for a decent portion of a club's income, even in the Premiership.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:17 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... ub-by-club

Most clubs had £40-50million in broadcasting revenue that is gonna increase a lot this year. Some had as little as £4million in gate receipts. Not sure where the line is drawn in terms of matchday revenues/commercial when it comes to corporate packages.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:00 pm

lo36789 wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... ub-by-club

Most clubs had £40-50million in broadcasting revenue that is gonna increase a lot this year. Some had as little as £4million in gate receipts. Not sure where the line is drawn in terms of matchday revenues/commercial when it comes to corporate packages.
And some had as high as 90 odd million in gate receipts.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:15 am

so adding it up. 22% of revenues were Gate & Matchday. Noticeably the clubs who listed 'just' gate receipts were on average less than £10 million whereas those with "Gates & Matchday" had more. That 22% would drop considerably.

Remember that this year as well the TV deal is worth double what it was last year I think, ah yes googling it looks like it has gone to £3billion rather than £1.6billion?

Think that % of what gate receipts is worth is going to drop even further next year. If current trends keep up then it won't be long until on average less than 5% of turnover is generated from ticket sales - who knows maybe prices will come down then!?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:08 pm

lo36789 wrote:so adding it up. 22% of revenues were Gate & Matchday. Noticeably the clubs who listed 'just' gate receipts were on average less than £10 million whereas those with "Gates & Matchday" had more. That 22% would drop considerably.
What are you on about? They all say "gate and matchday" (pretty much), plus it doesn't matter anyways since all the money you make from a single match counts. So that 22% won't drop.
lo36789 wrote:Remember that this year as well the TV deal is worth double what it was last year I think, ah yes googling it looks like it has gone to £3billion rather than £1.6billion?
So? TV revenue is obviously a larger chunk of income but my point was simply that matchday revenue is still a decent portion of income, which it is.
lo36789 wrote:Think that % of what gate receipts is worth is going to drop even further next year. If current trends keep up then it won't be long until on average less than 5% of turnover is generated from ticket sales - who knows maybe prices will come down then!?
Nothing but wild speculation.

WeAreDFC

Post by WeAreDFC » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:42 am