The Chairman's blog

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

The Chairman's blog

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Thought I'd pop back see what the tone is of posts nowadays.

http://www.northernleague.org/blog/view ... s_blog.php

Favourite bit...

"The National Football museum...had 450,000 visitors in it's first year in Manchester...Think how many more there will be when the Northern League 125 exhibition opens early next year."

I can't work out if he is being sarcastic, of if he genuinely thinks the NL exhibition will have a material impact upon visitor numbers?

Wonder if Big Tim has any Big Time Charlie t-shirts left to submit to the collection!

Spyman

Re: The Chairman's blog

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:14 pm

lo36789 wrote:Thought I'd pop back see what the tone is of posts nowadays.

Favourite bit...

"The National Football museum...had 450,000 visitors in it's first year in Manchester...Think how many more there will be when the Northern League 125 exhibition opens early next year."

I can't work out if he is being sarcastic, of if he genuinely thinks the NL exhibition will have a material impact upon visitor numbers?

Wonder if Big Tim has any Big Time Charlie t-shirts left to submit to the collection!
I can tell him how many more. Zero more. That's how many. Zero more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Favourite bit...

He was asking for unusual memorabilia. We should just print off last years league table, and submit it as evidence of how much we smashed the league. Record points total, record number of goals, and probably record goal difference.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:36 pm

al_quaker wrote:

Favourite bit...

He was asking for unusual memorabilia. We should just print off last years league table, and submit it as evidence of how much we smashed the league. Record points total, record number of goals, and probably record goal difference.
I bet our record breaking cameo doesn't get a mention.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:05 am

I can already imagine the records being displayed somewhere but in tiny print beneath "records up to the end of the 2011/2012 season".

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Latest extract...we got a mention...was it about our 100% start to the new season?

"We're heading happily homewards when word arrives that Darlington 1883's first away match in the Evostik hasn't kicked off until 9pm be a use the Quakers got stuck in traffic en route to Bamber Bridge. It'll be that blessed M62 again."

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:28 am

lo36789 wrote:Latest extract...we got a mention...was it about our 100% start to the new season?

"We're heading happily homewards when word arrives that Darlington 1883's first away match in the Evostik hasn't kicked off until 9pm be a use the Quakers got stuck in traffic en route to Bamber Bridge. It'll be that blessed M62 again."
So clueless he couldn't even get the right motorway.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:59 pm

al_quaker wrote:

Favourite bit...

I will try and dig out my pitchfork, and see if I borrow a steamroller to loan to Mike Amos
Darlo_Manc wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Latest extract...we got a mention...was it about our 100% start to the new season?

So clueless he couldn't even get the right motorway.
Which motorway was causing problems, was it the M6
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs