Premier League Thread

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_George_96
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Premier League Thread

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Hopefully Vydra gets a chance at West Brom now. Quality player.
@George_S96

MCFC Darlo
Team Supported: Man City & Darlo

Post by MCFC Darlo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 pm

Darlo_George_96 wrote:Hopefully Vydra gets a chance at West Brom now. Quality player.
Yes he is,cant understand why no one from the top 4 took a chance on this guy,he is like lightning.

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:18 pm

MCFC Darlo wrote:
Darlo_George_96 wrote:Hopefully Vydra gets a chance at West Brom now. Quality player.
Yes he is,cant understand why no one from the top 4 took a chance on this guy,he is like lightning.
Apparently Spurs and Arsenal bid 6m for him earlier in the transfer window but the asking price was 10m.
@George_S96

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:57 am

Darlo_George_96 wrote:
MCFC Darlo wrote:
Apparently Spurs and Arsenal bid 6m for him earlier in the transfer window but the asking price was 10m.
Arsenal in scared off by asking price shocker...

To be fair though £10m for a player who had a good season in the championship would be steep!

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:53 am

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_George_96 wrote:
MCFC Darlo wrote:
Arsenal in scared off by asking price shocker...

To be fair though £10m for a player who had a good season in the championship would be steep!
Yeah I agree. Probably why West Brom only wanted him on loan. At least it means when Watford get promoted this season we can have him next year.
@George_S96

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:07 pm

How does that work then? He's not a Watford player? He was only on loan wasn't he?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:06 pm

I assume he means that he will be available for Watford to get either on loan or buy. Why are Udinese so interested in loaning him out? Bit of an odd scenario can't see Watford finding £10m, but then I guess with the owners of both clubs being the same it doesn't matter they would only be moving money from one of their companies to another.

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:39 pm

Like with Abdi, Ekstrand and others he would be moved for free. Unless the owner would want to pay himself £10million.

Chelsea are pissing me off now. The only reason they want Willian is so Spurs cant have him. If he does join Chelsea I'd expect Spurs to go for Eriksen from Ajax.
@George_S96

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:56 am

Darlo_George_96 wrote:Like with Abdi, Ekstrand and others he would be moved for free. Unless the owner would want to pay himself £10million.

Chelsea are pissing me off now. The only reason they want Willian is so Spurs cant have him. If he does join Chelsea I'd expect Spurs to go for Eriksen from Ajax.
Why isn't he see as good enough for Serie A? Could say they want the money from a transfer but as you say they are prepared to loan/potentially love him for nothing to Watford. Surely Udinese fans are a bit annoyed?

WeAreDFC

Post by WeAreDFC » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:05 pm

City losing to Cardiff wtf?

It's like Mancini never went away.

MCFC Darlo

Post by MCFC Darlo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:30 pm

WeAreDFC wrote:City losing to Cardiff wtf?

It's like Mancini never went away.
Kompany as I said in earlier thread a big miss,without him we just have a bunch of fannies.Find it amazing that we spend all this money and dont think to buy a right sided C Half.

Oh well,same old same old.

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:03 pm

I'm watching the Spurs game from earlier and Townsend looks like a decent prospect. Looks like he has a better end product than Lennon and Walcott. Hopefully AVB can develop him into a top player.
@George_S96

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Based on one game you think Townsend has a better end product than Walcott? The same Walcott who scored 14 league goals last season, 21 in all competitions, and made 10 league assists, 14 in all competitions.

Wake up.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Isn't Townsend left footed anyhow? Might be completely wrong there.

Spurs fans won't be wanting him to show too much promise else that Bale money will find it's way into an end of year dividend for shareholders!

As for City, yeh it is obvious how they miss Vincent. Angela Ogbonna is still at Torino and I have no idea how he is meant to be very highly rated. Not sure who else they could get mind. Thiago Silva is already getting his pay packet at PSG, Chiellini hits me as a Juve man through and through.

Mats Hummels maybe? I think he is Bayern but they aren't likely to move for him and with Lewandowski leaving Dortmund at the end of this season he might have to move on for glory.

I know there are other centre halves but not many would meet City's standard.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:38 pm

lo36789 wrote:Isn't Townsend left footed anyhow? Might be completely wrong there.

Spurs fans won't be wanting him to show too much promise else that Bale money will find it's way into an end of year dividend for shareholders!

As for City, yeh it is obvious how they miss Vincent. Angela Ogbonna is still at Torino and I have no idea how he is meant to be very highly rated. Not sure who else they could get mind. Thiago Silva is already getting his pay packet at PSG, Chiellini hits me as a Juve man through and through.

Mats Hummels maybe? I think he is Bayern but they aren't likely to move for him and with Lewandowski leaving Dortmund at the end of this season he might have to move on for glory.

I know there are other centre halves but not many would meet City's standard.
I think City didn't sign a CB because Nastasic is going to be world class and Kompany already is... but then they both got injured.

At the moment, they just need someone half decent to fill in whilst Kompany and Nastasic recover.

And I'm starting to agree with Spyman on Fernandinho... he isn't worth anywhere near 30mill, at least not as a defensive midfielder as he doesn't offer the defense enough protection.

Paulinho and Capoue for Tottenham cost much less than Fernandinho but suit the 4231 formation much more.

WeAreDFC

Post by WeAreDFC » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:14 pm

Looking forward to this Utd v Chelsea game.

Rooney starts. Interesting...

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:12 am

WeAreDFC wrote:Looking forward to this Utd v Chelsea game.

Rooney starts. Interesting...
About the only interesting thing that happened in that match.

I went to the pub to watch it as Sky hasnt been installed in my new house yet, I was genuinely angry that I wasted my time to watch that pony.

WeAreDFC

Post by WeAreDFC » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:02 am

Yes it was absolutely dire. I was probably expecting too much really. Moyes and Mourinho not exactly renowned for exciting football.

I wonder how Chelsea fans would have reacted if Benitez had lined up with those sort of tactics last season.

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Chelsea played some pretty good football when Jose first came over to England.

Although I agree that he set's his team out to be effective rather than pleasing on the eye, is that really a bad thing?

MCFC Darlo

Premier League Thread

Post by MCFC Darlo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:48 pm

City lucky today,Hull played very well,if they had a striker of note it could have been over at HT.

Without Kompanys leadership and all round play we looked lost.I would like to know if there is currently a better Centre Half in the World.

Not like me but I cant see City winning the league now,think its between U***** or Chelsea with our middle of defence,first time in a couple of years that I have thought we could lose a game to United before we play them.

Anyway,looking forward to seeing Darlo at Clitheroe!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:09 pm

MCFC Darlo wrote:I would like to know if there is currently a better Centre Half in the World.
I'd have thought Thiago Silva, Sergio Ramos, Giorgio Chiellini and Nemanja Vidic would have something to say about that!

City are probably the worst affected of all the respective clubs of the above mind in the absence of their best centre-half!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:54 pm

lo36789 wrote:
MCFC Darlo wrote:I would like to know if there is currently a better Centre Half in the World.
I'd have thought Thiago Silva, Sergio Ramos, Giorgio Chiellini and Nemanja Vidic would have something to say about that!

City are probably the worst affected of all the respective clubs of the above mind in the absence of their best centre-half!
I'd say Kompany is as good as anyone, and like DOTU says, Nastasic is going to be a very good player.

As for the mention of Townsend, while I'm not going to say he's better than Walcott or Lennon at this stage, I did post in a thread somewhere in recent months that despite the mega-bucks 'Arry Redknapp spent at QPR last season, Townsend on loan was by far his best signing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:43 am

Spyman wrote:I'd say Kompany is as good as anyone, and like DOTU says, Nastasic is going to be a very good player.
Oh I agree he is up there. The comparison is merely to show how much City rely on him compared to what the other top sides have.

PSG probably don't have as much in reserve but I am not sure that PSG need to rely on Silva's quality in Ligue 1. As long as he isn't missing when they play Monaco they can cope.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Sturridge scoring yet again for Liverpool, whilst Chelsea's expensive, big name strikers continue to struggle to muster a single goal between them.

Not given a chance at either Man City or Chelsea due to their insistence on "big names", yet proving to be better than all of them at the minute.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:28 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:Sturridge scoring yet again for Liverpool, whilst Chelsea's expensive, big name strikers continue to struggle to muster a single goal between them.

Not given a chance at either Man City or Chelsea due to their insistence on "big names", yet proving to be better than all of them at the minute.
To be fair on City, he engineered his move away from there. They didn't want to lose him.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

WeAreDFC

Post by WeAreDFC » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:19 am

Ozil to Arsenal for £42m. :shock: I can't believe Arsenal are going to spend that sort of money. Amazing signing if it happens.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:12 pm

WeAreDFC wrote:Ozil to Arsenal for £42m. :shock: I can't believe Arsenal are going to spend that sort of money. Amazing signing if it happens.
The price is unbelievable. Real only paid £12.5m for him and that was after a really strong World Cup performance! I didn't think he'd been particularly impressive at Real, certainly not to warrant a 3 and a half fold increase in price.

Their net spend doesn't look too bad considering to get half of the Bale fee back a few hours later is good going.

So who is the most expensive player in the world Gareth Bale at £85m in 2013 or Ronaldo at £80m in 2009 (£90m in real terms).

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:49 pm

lo36789 wrote:
WeAreDFC wrote:Ozil to Arsenal for £42m. :shock: I can't believe Arsenal are going to spend that sort of money. Amazing signing if it happens.
The price is unbelievable. Real only paid £12.5m for him and that was after a really strong World Cup performance! I didn't think he'd been particularly impressive at Real, certainly not to warrant a 3 and a half fold increase in price.

Their net spend doesn't look too bad considering to get half of the Bale fee back a few hours later is good going.

So who is the most expensive player in the world Gareth Bale at £85m in 2013 or Ronaldo at £80m in 2009 (£90m in real terms).
I read somewhere that Ozil has 76 assists in 140 odd appearances for Real, which I'd say is particularly impressive.

Unless he is just playing neat little balls to Ronaldo's feet on the half-way line, for Ronaldo to then beat 5 men and score 76 times. Which wouldn't be totally unbelievable.

If Arsenal can persuade Chelsea to loan them Djemba Ba, then I think they can be happy with their transfer business. So much pressure is piled on for clubs to make signings, but continuity is key and that showed in the North London derby yesterday. Liverpool will also be a much bigger threat this season now that the players have had a chance to gel, and they've just filled out the squad on the most part with their new signings.

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Cazorla and Ozil in the same midfield would be amazing.

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:21 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:Cazorla and Ozil in the same midfield would be amazing.
With Walcott and Podolski out wide, I might be tempted to stick Giroud in my Fantasy team.