Premier League Thread

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Premier League Thread

Post by lo36789 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:40 am

princes town wrote:Are loans guaranteed for a minimum period or can a club recall at any time?
Ts & Cs will differ.

General rule of thumb I imagine is a fee paying loan won't be able to be recalled (eg. Remy to Newcastle), wage exclusive with no upfront fee will likely be able to be recalled (although I am sure a club could stipulate otherwise but don't see why the parent club would)

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:08 pm

lo36789 wrote:
princes town wrote:Are loans guaranteed for a minimum period or can a club recall at any time?
Ts & Cs will differ.

General rule of thumb I imagine is a fee paying loan won't be able to be recalled (eg. Remy to Newcastle), wage exclusive with no upfront fee will likely be able to be recalled (although I am sure a club could stipulate otherwise but don't see why the parent club would)

This from the FA.

A Player on long term loan may not be recalled except for a goalkeeper or where the Player
is to be transferred permanently by the Club holding his registered contract. A Player other
than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for the Club holding his
registration after such recall until the end of the Season.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:28 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote: This from the FA.

A Player on long term loan may not be recalled except for a goalkeeper or where the Player
is to be transferred permanently by the Club holding his registered contract. A Player other
than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for the Club holding his
I stand corrected.

Is the word 'goalkeeper' definitive enough really? I suppose under these rule Phil Jagielka and Rio Ferdinand can be recalled from long term loans?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:28 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote: This from the FA.

I stand corrected.

Is the word 'goalkeeper' definitive enough really? I suppose under these rule Phil Jagielka and Rio Ferdinand can be recalled from long term loans?
Well presumably they'd have to play them in goal if they recalled them citing that reason.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:32 pm

lo36789 wrote:
:crazy:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:03 pm

friggin hell some people take things seriously here... :roll:

I am suprised the FA actually get involved in the terms and conditions of a loan agreement, feels to me that should be the clubs responsibility.

but clearly thems the rules.

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Poor keeping from Stockdale there.
@George_S96

WeAreDFC

Post by WeAreDFC » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:51 am

Crisis club Chelsea go top of the league. :lol: Still don't get why Mourinho isn't playing Mata though.

Elsewhere, can't see Di Canio lasting much longer. Always thought it would end in tears but not this quickly.

WeAreDFC

Post by WeAreDFC » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:03 am

princes town wrote:I still think Liverpool are live contenders for the title. Rogers impresses me. They have the backing of serious money from the States and the 2 Manchester
clubs have to deal with new management teams.

Everton look toast to me now.
Any thoughts now PT? Don't think Liverpool are anywhere near title contenders myself. They haven't even played that well in the games they have won. Suarez coming back will be a boost though.

Everton on the other hand look very impressive to me. They've had a strong team for a few years and now finally have a quality striker in Lukaku.

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:06 pm

WeAreDFC wrote:Crisis club Chelsea go top of the league. :lol: Still don't get why Mourinho isn't playing Mata though.

Elsewhere, can't see Di Canio lasting much longer. Always thought it would end in tears but not this quickly.
Apparently its punishment for his close relationship with Rafa. Same with Torres and Azpilecueta.
@George_S96

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:23 pm

WeAreDFC wrote:
Good shout. In defence of Di Canio he was the catalyst for the Sunderland revival last year so did a half-job (sort of). A lot of people are saying things haven't been the same since Quinny got kicked out???

MCFC Darlo
Team Supported: Man City & Darlo

Post by MCFC Darlo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:27 am

Have to say I didnt see that one coming,the most dominant Derby I have seen from City in my lifetime,men against boys.

Problem is Yaya only seems to be a big game player.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:56 am

MCFC Darlo wrote:Have to say I didnt see that one coming,the most dominant Derby I have seen from City in my lifetime,men against boys.

Didn't you pump then 6-1 a couple of seasons back?

The result shocked me as Utd seemed to be getting stronger game by game. That's their tough run out the way now - under Fergie they'd normally follow a run like that with about 10 straight wins, so the response will be interesting.

Mourinho's interview after Fulham was also very refreshing. I thought he came across extremely well compared to his usual senseless dramatic ramblings.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:13 pm

I heard some United fans comparing it to the 6-1 drubbing. I don't have the time of the goals but the jist seemed to be that the goals came a lot later. This time round it was all City.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:51 pm

lo36789 wrote:I heard some United fans comparing it to the 6-1 drubbing. I don't have the time of the goals but the jist seemed to be that the goals came a lot later. This time round it was all City.

Yes, 3 of the goals came in the 90th minute or injury time.

Another 2 after the hour mark.

MCFC Darlo

Post by MCFC Darlo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:52 am

Spyman wrote:
MCFC Darlo wrote:Have to say I didnt see that one coming,the most dominant Derby I have seen from City in my lifetime,men against boys.

Didn't you pump then 6-1 a couple of seasons back?

The result shocked me as Utd seemed to be getting stronger game by game. That's their tough run out the way now - under Fergie they'd normally follow a run like that with about 10 straight wins, so the response will be interesting.

Mourinho's interview after Fulham was also very refreshing. I thought he came across extremely well compared to his usual senseless dramatic ramblings.

Yes the 1 - 6 as some have said was mainly late goals as they chased it with only 10 men,Sunday they were just out of it after 5 minutes,you could see it coming.

MCFC Darlo

Post by MCFC Darlo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Villa 3 shots and 3 goals my lad said who went,typical City.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:37 pm

All that money spent by City and they've just been made to look like a bunch of schoolboys by Bayern. That was a masterclass in how to play football by Bayern, and a masterclass in how not to play football by City.

What tops it all off is that Bayern were dominating possession and City couldn't get a hold of it, yet when they did get it, they kept resorting to long balls forward! Unbelievable.
Last edited by DarloOnTheUp on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

MCFC Darlo

Post by MCFC Darlo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:38 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:All that money spent by City and they've just been made to look like a bunch of schoolboys by Bayern. That was a masterclass in how to play football by Bayern, and a masterclass in how not to play football by City.

What tops it all of is that Bayern were dominating possession and City couldn't get a hold of it, yet when they did get it, they kept resorting to long balls forward! Unbelievable.
Men against Boys Im afraid,glad I took my lads to see it though despite the result.

I reminded them that I have seen Port Vale take City apart like that!