FA Commission

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

FA Commission

Post by lo36789 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:38 am

Feel that Lineker and Collymore are being a bit harsh here.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24492170

Hoddle seems a good appointment as does Dario Gradi. Bit of experience there in developing young players in the right way.

How Danny Mills and Ritchie Humphreys made it I will never know. Interesting that the FL chairman is on there but no Premier League representation.

And also didn't take Sol Campbell long...

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24483665

Spyman

Re: FA Commission

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Surprised it wasn't Paul Ince to be honest.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Agreed. Pointless drivel from Big Sol.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Agree with everyone else, Campbell completely misses the point.

He's suggesting a black person should be on purely because of their skin colour, which of course is lunacy. Anyone who is on the panel, is on to contribute ideas, not because of age, skin colour, sexual orientation.

"Positive discrimination" is one of modern society's evils and needs to be eradicated.

Back on topic, I'm not sure on this commission. It's all well and good having people contribute ideas, but there needs to be the will to implement them.

Sadly, the Premier League has too many vested interests for this to become a success. They're simply not willing to do anything that has the slightest hint of diluting their money-spinning product.

Without the Premier League on board and being willing to act on ideas, this commission is nothing more than a high-profile talking shop.

And really - Danny Mills on the commission? The man knows as much about football as my pet tortoise, which has been dead for five years.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Darlogramps wrote:And really - Danny Mills on the commission? The man knows as much about football as my pet tortoise, which has been dead for five years.
haha I agree that having listened to him on the sofa on late kick off where he seemed to demonstrate little knowledge or care of football below Championship level. That said he did actually make a couple of decent points on Football Focus yesterday around the quality of coaches at grassroots level as opposed to quantity.

My knowledge of the last 'campaign' so to speak was the Level 1 badge which originally was sponsored by McDonalds, it is now First4Sport qualification. This really is a base line qualification. The next level up requires a coach/managers to take time off work as the courses run 9-5 Monday to Friday, that is the first thing I would 'recommend' - make those courses run outside of normal working hours!

The next step I would have thought would be to link it with Sports Colleges/Schools and Universities. This should be something which is actively encouraged for others in this age group, particularly those doing related qualifications, rather than just dragging parents in to manage their child's club.

I used to manage an under 10s team when I was 16, it was a fantastic experience for me in terms of developing important communication, responsibility and organisation skills. It really is win-win for everyone.

The other thing which is maybe something just I feel, amateur youth clubs should always be ran by volunteers, there should be no salaries drawn nor expenses claimed etc. but that might just be my view a I feel it encourages and ensures the right people with the right motivations are involved.