World Cup

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

fozzovmurton
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: World Cup

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:33 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:When operation win World Cup is launched, the world will hold it's breath.

Germany !! They are unstoppable - I wish I'd put that bet on now.
If only I can remember where Doc had put the Deloreon and flux capacitor I could go back in time and place a few bets
That David Luiz video is funny

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:06 pm

I reached the conclusion in the 2nd semi final that Dirk Kuyt is incapable of a passing a ball forward. Frankly one of the most boring players i have ever watched.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:56 am

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:I reckon zee germans will finally break their 2nd 3rd place jinx at recent tournaments and win it...

England out in the group stages i'm afraid :cry:

Fancy the Belgians to reach the quarters/semis as well

Goddam it i'm good :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:01 am

I do wonder where this leaves the commission on the English game. It is interesting that they referred to the success in Spain because of their B league system...they mentioned Germany but actually in Germany it's not that big a thing.

The big thing in Germany is fan ownership. Funny they seemed to ignore that element. There is less money sloshing about, there are cheaper tickets (Bundesliga is the biggest attended, lowest priced football league in Europe). Oh and they have a World Cup winning side, and both Champions League finalists last year. Must be awful.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:16 pm

lo36789 wrote:I do wonder where this leaves the commission on the English game. It is interesting that they referred to the success in Spain because of their B league system...they mentioned Germany but actually in Germany it's not that big a thing.

The big thing in Germany is fan ownership. Funny they seemed to ignore that element. There is less money sloshing about, there are cheaper tickets (Bundesliga is the biggest attended, lowest priced football league in Europe). Oh and they have a World Cup winning side, and both Champions League finalists last year. Must be awful.
I wouldn't trust Greg Dyke and the FA to take any account of teams outside the Premier League. It seems we're all expendable in the search for international nirvana.
Their initial report for England "success" was based on the premise that the Football League and the pyramid system can be destroyed to boost the national team, but with little or no evidence that it would succeed. It also put all the emphasis for change on the Football League and none on the Premier League.
The pyramid would have become the most contrived, illegitimate and lacking any credibility or honesty. If we weren't the playthings of the Premier League beforehand, we would certainly be after that if imposed.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Great post Pete :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!