TV challenges

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

TV challenges

Post by lo36789 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:06 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29109481

Ok ignoring the Blatter stuff. Come on who is favour of this? I am shocked at how many are on the comments board.

My view is I hate the idea.

Spyman

Re: TV challenges

Post by Spyman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:19 pm

Terrible sanitisation of the game.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:35 pm

You're right, Blatter standing for re-election is a terrible idea.

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:01 pm

They say it can only be used when the game is stopped? What if an incident happens and the ball remains in plan for the next five minutes? Where would the play be taken back to if the appeal was successful?

Far too many flaws in the idea for my liking.
Northern League Champions 2013

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:14 pm

"How about FIFA also trials a scheme whereby they don't take massive backhanders to award their most prestigious tournament to countries which are alcohol-free, anti-homosexual and have absolutely no football culture at all?

Oh wait, it's already too late for that..."

:lol:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Now hold on a minute. Whilst I agree with your other points. I do find it wrong to say 'alcohol-free' as if that is the worst thing ever. Surely any country is entitled to be alcohol free if it wants, in the same way that drugs are illegal here.

Anyway back on topic. As you say it is only during breaks in play. Penalty decisions will become a farce. Tackle goes in shouts for a penalty - not given - 5 mins later ball goes up the other end penalty given. At that break in play the original penalty shout is disputed and instead of a penalty at the other end you are back at the other end of the pitch for a penalty.

Just another chance for fans to come out and say referee should be hung if they make a wrong decision it would seem from the BBC comments.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:15 pm

lo36789 wrote:Now hold on a minute. Whilst I agree with your other points. I do find it wrong to say 'alcohol-free' as if that is the worst thing ever. Surely any country is entitled to be alcohol free if it wants, in the same way that drugs are illegal here.
It wasn't my quote, I nicked it from the comments section of that BBC article, although it does sound scarily like me... :think:

And I would normally agree with you but their alcohol-free stance is religiously motivated, hence it's complete and utter bollocks.

But yeah, back on topic...
Last edited by DarloOnTheUp on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Totally predictable development when The Genie (goal line technology) was released from the bottle. It further divides the professional game (Premier / Championship) from the rest of us. How long before these rules separate smaller clubs playing the larger ones? We've already had one or two chairmen wanting no relegation from the Premiership and then Greg Dyke trying to impose an extra division containing second teams. The assault on an honest league structure will continue and drive more smaller clubs to the wall