Cheating in football

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo will
Team Supported: Darlington

Cheating in football

Post by Darlo will » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Anyone watch the football tonight?
I would be embarrassed to go home to my family if I had gone down like that. It is bad sportsmanship and the most obvious peice of cheating I have seen in a long time.

It did make me think though, I have never seen any form of cheating as obvious or disgusting as that while we have been at this sort of level. Almost makes me proud!

Anyone have a better memory than me? Obviously there are dives etc. but does anyone recall something like what we have seen in the Liverpool game?
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

lo36789

Re: Cheating in football

Post by lo36789 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:49 am

Gerrard's dive?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:01 pm

I didn't watch the game last night but some "top" players will stop at nothing to get an advantage. Germany's opening game in the last World Cup springs to mind.

So far I've been impressed with the attitude of players at our present level. Not impressed with all the managers though ...................Warrington :thumbdown:
Last edited by theoriginalfatcat on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:29 pm

It's a lot easier to spot on camera and with replays from all angles.

While the Basel player should've been booked for his over-reaction, the Liverpool player was running away from him, turned, saw him, and swung an arm at head-height. The intent was there to make contact with his face and the referee was correct to send him off.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Why did he lash out with his hand like that? Their player probably overreacted but Markovic only has himself to blame for the red.

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:23 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:Why did he lash out with his hand like that? Their player probably overreacted but Markovic only has himself to blame for the red.
This

Markovic let himself and his teammates down massively. If he hadn't lashed out then he wouldn't have been able to make a meal out of it.
Northern League Champions 2013