Peter Shilton

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Earl_Lee_Dawes
Team Supported: Darlington

Peter Shilton

Post by Earl_Lee_Dawes » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:51 pm

Did anyone see the documentary about Peter Shilton the other night? He admitted that he finally decided to stop after 1000+ games when he’d played for Orient on a very muddy pitch at Darlington. I seem to recall that he was signing autographs at the tin shed end when the game was underway!

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Peter Shilton

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:30 pm

I didn't see the programme although I do remember the game - though I thought his team was Torquay!

He had a good game and I remember being impressed - as to his age and agility and all that.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:40 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:I didn't see the programme although I do remember the game - though I thought his team was Torquay!

He had a good game and I remember being impressed - as to his age and agility and all that.
You're getting him mixed up with Neville Southall I think, who played against us for Torquay probably around 99/00 from memory. He was absolutely massive but had a great game.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:33 pm

That's it.

I saw both games, but my memory banks have mixed the teams up.

Shilton was good at Feethams, it was impressive that he kept on playing so long.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!