Newcastle and their realistic supporters

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

ArmchairDiehard
Team Supported: Darlington

Newcastle and their realistic supporters

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:49 pm

I wonder how many of them are still delighted at the way they hounded Alan Pardew out?
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Newcastle and their realistic supporters

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:06 pm

I think most of them realise that the real problems come from higher up.

I have a friend who has been a season ticket holder for over 25 years, but now no longer goes. He says that Ashely has "sucked the soul out of the club"
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:14 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:I think most of them realise that the real problems come from higher up.

I have a friend who has been a season ticket holder for over 25 years, but now no longer goes. He says that Ashely has "sucked the soul out of the club"
Yeh, dreadful mismanagement. Turning them from a club losing money hand over fist to one which can stand on its own two feet.

If the 'soul' of the club is demanding that one man props up the dreams of thousands of supporters with millions of his own pounds, then yes, your mate has a point.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:40 pm

I don't see the problem with Ashley? I'm sure they make a profit every year.

Newcastle fans are just expecting millions to be spent every summer.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:45 pm

It's typical that they get a decent manager and then hound him out. They reap what they sow. It would be interesting to get StanleyKev's views on this.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Spyman wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:I think most of them realise that the real problems come from higher up.

Yeh, dreadful mismanagement. Turning them from a club losing money hand over fist to one which can stand on its own two feet.
If the 'soul' of the club is demanding that one man props up the dreams of thousands of supporters with millions of his own pounds, then yes, your mate has a point.
Except I don't think that was/is his "point" at all.

I think his point was that he didn't like his season ticket seat being constantly moved around, and he didn't like the multiple foreign players coming and going and other such things that I can't be bothered to list - some of which probably go hand in hand with the way that the Premier league itself has changed the feel of top class football. Anyway, I'm sure that he wasn't "demanding that one man props up the dreams of thousands of supporters with millions of his own pounds" Not that I'm here to argue his "point" anyway! And not that I'm bothered over much about Newcastle anyway!

We (as Darlo fans) should know how an unpopular chairman can damage the feel of a football club, and Ashley, regardless of how much money he does or doesn't put in, has an unfortunate way about him, he's kind of like a mega successful Reynolds.

Pardew, B.T.W is a good manager and it's interesting that he's got Palace above Newcastle in the League.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:08 am

newcastle have openly admitted their not bothered about winning anything, just happy to stay mid table in the prem doing nowt every year
if i was a fan of them its not what id be wanting to hear

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:35 am

bertbanger wrote:newcastle have openly admitted their not bothered about winning anything, just happy to stay mid table in the prem doing nowt every year
Strictly speaking they've said they try to achieve but won't take financial risks in doing do, if that means they become largely a mid table side the so be it.

Sounds like the mentality we have taken on since becoming fan owned, yet we've embraced it.

I also noted the papers a week or so back telling Sunderland they needed to take financial gambles to appease fans and achieve higher positions, it seems no one apart from fans of badly run clubs (or fan owned clubs) want clubs to be financially stable.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:42 am

bertbanger wrote:newcastle have openly admitted their not bothered about winning anything, just happy to stay mid table in the prem doing nowt every year
Would you prefer to hear 'we're going to find our natural level and become a club that battles relegation every season'?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:56 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote: I think his point was that he didn't like his season ticket seat being constantly moved around, and he didn't like the multiple foreign players coming and going and other such things that I can't be bothered to list - some of which probably go hand in hand with the way that the Premier league itself has changed the feel of top class football.
I'm not sure I understand where he's coming from. He doesn't like having a different seat every few seasons and doesn't like players coming and going?

Sounds more like the problem is he doesn't like change.

As for Newcastle, they've long had delusions of grandeur, ever since Sir Bobby Robson got them into the Champions League.

They're nowhere near as big a club as they think they are. Seasons where they reach Europe tend to be the exception, rather than the rule.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:06 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote: I think his point was that he didn't like his season ticket seat being constantly moved around, and he didn't like the multiple foreign players coming and going and other such things that I can't be bothered to list - some of which probably go hand in hand with the way that the Premier league itself has changed the feel of top class football.
I'm not sure I understand where he's coming from. He doesn't like having a different seat every few seasons and doesn't like players coming and going?

Sounds more like the problem is he doesn't like change.

As for Newcastle, they've long had delusions of grandeur, ever since Sir Bobby Robson got them into the Champions League.

They're nowhere near as big a club as they think they are. Seasons where they reach Europe tend to be the exception, rather than the rule.
They do, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were targeted by one of those mega rich groups in the next few years. They've got the stadium, support and a City to themselves. Stranger things have happened.
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?