Celtic Nation to fold.....

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Gow9900
Team Supported: Darlington

Celtic Nation to fold.....

Post by Gow9900 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:05 am

Quakerz

Re: Celtic Nation to fold.....

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:44 am

Never saw that one coming!

No doubt all of the NL Lifers who tried to tear us to shreds on NLZ about our financial history and about how we "went bust" (even though we didn't) will be hypocritically and sympathetically commiserating CN fans, saying stuff like "great club, great people behind the scenes, always liked playing there, they achieved so much, shame it turned out this way etc etc"

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Very sad for the few genuine fans that they have. Pity the same doesn't befall their bigger neighbours.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:35 pm

Quakerz wrote:Never saw that one coming!

No doubt all of the NL Lifers who tried to tear us to shreds on NLZ about our financial history and about how we "went bust" (even though we didn't) will be hypocritically and sympathetically commiserating CN fans, saying stuff like "great club, great people behind the scenes, always liked playing there, they achieved so much, shame it turned out this way etc etc"
I never understood the hatred some NL followers had for us. I stumbled upon a thread on Twitter this morning involving the usual suspects and they still hate us. All we are are fans of our local club, who have been unlucky to have a succession of terrible owners. Odd.

Anyway, yet another sad reminder of what happens when one man pulls the plug. Shame for all those who cared for the club.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:39 pm

Where's this thread on twitter?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Involved Carawest (surprisingly...)

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Very sad for the few genuine fans that they have. Pity the same doesn't befall their bigger neighbours.

You really dont like Carlise do you? :lol: :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:54 pm

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Very sad for the few genuine fans that they have. Pity the same doesn't befall their bigger neighbours.

You really dont like Carlise do you? :lol: :lol:

Whatever gave you that idea? But as your asking nope. I'm well known by Carlisle fans and we don't like each other. A few years ago I went to watch Darlo play ay BP and I went in the beehive for a pre-match drink. Darlo fans were banned, so I didn't have my colours on show. I went to the bar to get a round in and there were 4 Carlisle nutters at the bar and they were wondering if Darlo_Pete was coming to the game. Little did they know I was stood next to them. Needless to say I didn't reveal my identity to them. :lol:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:19 am

Gow9900 wrote:http://www.northernleague.org/view_news ... ews_id=413

Didn't last long did it?
So paying former Football League players hundreds of pounds a week despite only having double digit crowds isn't sustainable?

Who would have guessed?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:26 am

I just went looking for that thread again on twitter, because I was trying to remember exactly what "more faces than the town clock" Spen had been saying about us...

Anyway, I can't find it, it looks like the thread has been pulled and carawestt suspended!

Surprised that the thread has gone, although there was the usual crowd with their usual anti-Darlo stuff, I can't see how any rules were broken?