Middlesbrough or Norwich

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Middlesbrough or Norwich

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Well the play-off final for the Premiership will be over in a weeks time. I was wondering who you want to win? For me it's got to be Norwich as I don't like Boro. I always fear a Boro side, as I do know people that support both us and Boro and floating fans will always follow successful sides at whatever level that team plays at. Of course if Boro went up they may well struggle and crowds may drop away.

Feethams 1966

Re: Middlesbrough or Norwich

Post by Feethams 1966 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:30 pm

They are another North East side and they are our neighbours; it would be churlish not to wish them all the best. They have helped us with players over the years and like us they know what it feels like to be on the brink of extinction. And we know as well as anyone what it feels like to be going through play offs. I only support Quakers but I say good luck to them.

kaypee162

Post by kaypee162 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:27 pm

I'll be routing for Boro. Born and bred there, kind of feel I should. Have nothing against the club, can't stand the fans!

Half empty stadium for 6 years fill it for 2 games and now they are all up the own backsides. They'll soon disappear again if they lose Monday.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon May 18, 2015 8:36 pm

Blimey Pete, do you like anyone else? Seem to dislike everyone :crazy:

Personally, I hope Middlesbrough win. Always preferred them over the deluded Geordies and the Mackems.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 18, 2015 8:41 pm

Yes I like other clubs, but not too many. :D

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Tue May 19, 2015 11:33 am

Norwich for me
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Earl_Lee_Dawes

Post by Earl_Lee_Dawes » Tue May 19, 2015 11:56 am

I see that the FA have mis-spelled 'Middlesbrough' on the tickets for the play-off final!

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue May 19, 2015 1:42 pm

I well remember Boro fans filling our buckets when we were on the brink of extinction - for that and for many other reasons...

COME ON BORO!

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Tue May 19, 2015 4:37 pm

I have the misfortune of working with some of the most plastic, arrogant Middlesbrough fans that you could ever wish to meet.

Come on Norwich!
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 19, 2015 7:53 pm

ArmchairDieHard wrote:I have the misfortune of working with some of the most plastic, arrogant Middlesbrough fans that you could ever wish to meet.

Come on Norwich!
I'm sat to next one, if Boro win then my life will be intolerable. Norwich win and his life will be intolerable. :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 19, 2015 7:54 pm

Earl_Lee_Dawes wrote:I see that the FA have mis-spelled 'Middlesbrough' on the tickets for the play-off final!
Absolute classic, we all know that the FA should have called them by their original proper name Port Darlington. :thumbup:

PaulMJohnson

Post by PaulMJohnson » Tue May 19, 2015 11:38 pm

Boro for me.

First, a good friend is a lifelong Boro season ticket holder, so I'd like them to do well for him.

Second, I'd rather the North East did well whatever the walk of life. Sport, business, culture, I want the NE to be successful.

Except Newcastle. I hate Newcastle.

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:54 pm

Really hope Boro win . They have a lot for us over the years .. I remember a bucket collection out side their ground which raised £11 k in our last admin. Also got a lot of family from Boro and would always wish them well. My favourite time being a Darlo fan was still the cup game in jan 85 mind. Lol.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon May 25, 2015 2:26 pm

Well looks like they forgot how to defend against wingers

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon May 25, 2015 3:06 pm

My Facebook has been awash with #UTB #Believe all week from people who haven't mentioned Middleborough since Juninho left. I hope they lose.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon May 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Spyman wrote:My Facebook has been awash with #UTB #Believe all week from people who haven't mentioned Middleborough since Juninho left. I hope they lose.
Your wish has been granted, I hear some fans are demanding their money back, fecking knobs, makes up for the mags avoiding the drop

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 25, 2015 9:32 pm

My prayers have been answered, it's not often that I say I'm looking forward to work tomorrow. I even have a yellow tie for the occasion. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Tue May 26, 2015 11:56 am

Spyman wrote:My Facebook has been awash with #UTB #Believe all week from people who haven't mentioned Middleborough since Juninho left. I hope they lose.
I've had the same. The same people who also gave me grief when we lost in the play-offs last year, and when we lost out on the title this year threw their toys out of the pram when I changed my profile photo to the Norwich City badge.
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Tue May 26, 2015 11:58 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:My prayers have been answered, it's not often that I say I'm looking forward to work tomorrow. I even have a yellow tie for the occasion. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I've got a green and yellow jester hat coming this afternoon :lol:
Quakerz wrote:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue May 26, 2015 11:59 am

I had one put #IStillBelieve on last night. Not sure what he still believes in.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 26, 2015 12:36 pm

Spyman wrote:I had one put #IStillBelieve on last night. Not sure what he still believes in.
That they'll be playing in the Championship next season? :lol:

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Tue May 26, 2015 12:44 pm

For me, they never looked like getting back into the game. Karanka didn't look as if knew how to change the game. Bamford obviously wasn't fit and was offering them nothing, yet they kept him on the pitch.
Quakerz wrote:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:36 pm

That was one of the biggest pieces of evidence for me of someone who has clearly only recently leapt on the bandwagon.

Absolutely silent about Boro on facebook until the other week. Given he is one of those who doesn't necessarily post about every gym visit, but references a gym visit within every update, map my run updates, every week a picture of a previous holiday or status about their next holiday it's not just that they have become vocal for this reason. Suddely #UTB has appeared every day this week.

After the game released a rant about how Bamford is a waste of space the sooner he goes back the better, hope he never pulls on a Middlesbrough shirt again.

Either it is the biggest knee jerk reaction ever, or he has absolutely zero appreciation of the contribution Bamford has made this season!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue May 26, 2015 2:03 pm

lo36789 wrote:post about every gym visit, but references a gym visit within every update, map my run updates, every week a picture of a previous holiday or status about their next holiday
This just reminded me of how much I hate Facebook.