All those people moaning about the World Cup in Russia?

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

grytters
Team Supported: Darlington

All those people moaning about the World Cup in Russia?

Post by grytters » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Don't worry about it.

We're not going…

These are the "qualifying" pots -

Pot 1: Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, England, Wales, Spain, Croatia

Pot 2: Slowakia, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Czech, France, Iceland, Denmark, Bosnia

Pot 3: Ukraine, Scotland, Poland, Hungary, Sweden, Albania, Northern Ireland, Serbia, Greece

Pot 4: Turkey, Slowenia, Israel, Ireland, Norway, Bulgaria, Faroe, Montenegro, Estonia

Pot 5: Cyprus, Latvia, Armenia, Finland, Belarus, Macedonia, Azerbaidshan, Lithuania, Moldova

Pot 6: Kazakhstan, Luxemburg, Liechtenstein, Georgia, Malta, San Marino, Andorra
Bring Back the Quarters

Darlobaz79

Re: All those people moaning about the World Cup in Russia?

Post by Darlobaz79 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:00 pm

You do know that these are the pots and there is one team from each pot. These are not the groups... :roll:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:36 pm

Outside of pot 1 and 2 there is nothing I fear at all. Serbia, Ukraine and Greece would be the worst teams to get from pot 3.

Wales are a top seed is that a first?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:44 pm

I'm amazed that Iceland are in pot 2, when will the draw take place?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:07 pm

lo36789 wrote:Outside of pot 1 and 2 there is nothing I fear at all. Serbia, Ukraine and Greece would be the worst teams to get from pot 3.

If I were an England player there are a number of countries in the lower pots I'd fear at the moment, and not for footballing reasons.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:05 am

That gave me a laugh. :lol: So what's the answer? :lol:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:17 am

Fully expecting us to get San Marino.

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:37 am

25th July

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:09 am

lo36789 wrote:Outside of pot 1 and 2 there is nothing I fear at all. Serbia, Ukraine and Greece would be the worst teams to get from pot 3.

You may not fear them, but that doesn't mean there aren't some testing ties for us in them.
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

cameldfc

Post by cameldfc » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:57 am

Sweden should be higher than Pot 3
Faroe Islands in Pot 4 (am i missing there climb through the ranks??)
Where are Gibraltar???
Wales are certainly not Pot 1 material (taking in account the likes of France / Italy in Pot 2)

Best Group

England / Iceland / Northern Ireland / Faroe Islands / Azerbaijan / San Marino

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:11 am

Gibraltar aren't currently recognized by FIFA.
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.

grytters

Post by grytters » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:38 am

Darlobaz79 wrote:You do know that these are the pots and there is one team from each pot. These are not the groups... :roll:
Yes.

That's why I was commenting on the makeup of pots 2 and 3…
Bring Back the Quarters

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Wales are 10th in the FIFA world rankings thus their position in this pot. I just wondered if they had ever been 1st seeds for a European Qualification?

Pot 2: Slowakia, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Czech, France, Iceland, Denmark, Bosnia (Italy/France are obviously the ones to avoid, Bosnia/Czech Rep are the ones that could be dodgy but should win.)

Pot 3: Ukraine, Scotland, Poland, Hungary, Sweden, Albania, Northern Ireland, Serbia, Greece (avoid Serbia/Ukraine and I don't see much of a threat, even then we'll get a 1-0 win at home and draw away)

Pot 4: Turkey, Slowenia, Israel, Ireland, Norway, Bulgaria, Faroe, Montenegro, Estonia (Montenegro are about the only team I could see troubling us here)

Pot 5: Cyprus, Latvia, Armenia, Finland, Belarus, Macedonia, Azerbaidshan, Lithuania, Moldova (all terrible)

Pot 6: Kazakhstan, Luxemburg, Liechtenstein, Georgia, Malta, San Marino, Andorra (think we (darlo) would beat them.)

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:55 pm

lo36789 wrote:Wales are 10th in the FIFA world rankings thus their position in this pot. I just wondered if they had ever been 1st seeds for a European Qualification?

Pot 2: Slowakia, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Czech, France, Iceland, Denmark, Bosnia (Italy/France are obviously the ones to avoid, Bosnia/Czech Rep are the ones that could be dodgy but should win.)

Pot 3: Ukraine, Scotland, Poland, Hungary, Sweden, Albania, Northern Ireland, Serbia, Greece (avoid Serbia/Ukraine and I don't see much of a threat, even then we'll get a 1-0 win at home and draw away)

Pot 4: Turkey, Slowenia, Israel, Ireland, Norway, Bulgaria, Faroe, Montenegro, Estonia (Montenegro are about the only team I could see troubling us here)

Pot 5: Cyprus, Latvia, Armenia, Finland, Belarus, Macedonia, Azerbaidshan, Lithuania, Moldova (all terrible)

Pot 6: Kazakhstan, Luxemburg, Liechtenstein, Georgia, Malta, San Marino, Andorra (think we (darlo) would beat them.)
I thought the pots were allocated largely on prior performance in European Championships and qualifiers, hence England usually ending up in pot one as they almost always qualify and have a good record of getting to the quarter finals.

Wales haven't ever qualified, so it does surprise me they're in pot one over the likes of Italy.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:47 pm

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:41 pm

Yeah it could have been much worse.

Slovakia will be tough - they're unbeaten in Euro 2016 qualifying.

Slovenia gave us a few headaches in qualifying a few weeks ago, and Scotland will be motivated for the derbies.

But when you consider we could have had France or Italy in our group, we certainly should be satisfied with what we've ended up with.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:04 am

Don't watch the Internationals much these days...

But England v Scotland interests me...

2 recent friendlies apartWe have only played them 3 times(Euro 96 and Euro 2000 qualifying Play-Off) competitively since I started watching football in 1988/89...

I also like watching Northern Ireland now and again
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:45 am

Looking forward to the two Scotland games. Haven't been to Hampden Park so this will be my first time.
Quakerz wrote:

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:55 am

Wales and Ireland will be coming over our way (they're in Georgia's group). The Irish have been here a couple of times in recent history, but I think it's a first for the Welsh this century. The last time Wales came here Georgia had a decent team (Ketsbiai, Kinkladze, Arveladze, et. al.) - but Wales should walk all over them this time.

Austria, Serbia, and Moldova are the other teams in that group, so a good chance for both Wales & Ireland to progress.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:17 am

I think it will be down to Austria and Wales in that group. Austria are starting to put a decent side together.
Quakerz wrote:

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:19 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:Wales and Ireland will be coming over our way (they're in Georgia's group). The Irish have been here a couple of times in recent history, but I think it's a first for the Welsh this century. The last time Wales came here Georgia had a decent team (Ketsbiai, Kinkladze, Arveladze, et. al.) - but Wales should walk all over them this time.

Austria, Serbia, and Moldova are the other teams in that group, so a good chance for both Wales & Ireland to progress.
Going back a while that, I remember Kinkladze at Man City, sure Arveladze turned up at Rangers and I will never forget Ketsbaia kicking fuck out of the advertising boards at Newcastle...I think he ended his playing days in Famagusta in Cyprus
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs