David DeGea

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

ArmchairDiehard
Team Supported: Darlington

David DeGea

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:23 am

Signs a new contract at Man Utd.

Surprised?
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

Spyman

Re: David DeGea

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:42 am

Quite frankly yes I am! I really didn't see this summer as a ploy to get a new deal a la Ramos, as United seemed to have made him some reportedly generous offers already.

Whether this means he stays long terms remains to be seen - it may just mean that United get a big fee for him next summer instead of losing him for nothing, although I can't see Real being keen to do business if that's the case.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:29 pm

I think he could still leave next summer. Contracts these days don't seem to be worth very much when it comes to keeping a player that somebody else wants.

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:34 pm

Spyman wrote:Quite frankly yes I am! I really didn't see this summer as a ploy to get a new deal a la Ramos, as United seemed to have made him some reportedly generous offers already.

Whether this means he stays long terms remains to be seen - it may just mean that United get a big fee for him next summer instead of losing him for nothing, although I can't see Real being keen to do business if that's the case.
I'm pretty much on that line of thinking too. United either have a top goalkeeper for the next few years or get a nice big lump in their pockets.
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:15 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I think he could still leave next summer. Contracts these days don't seem to be worth very much when it comes to keeping a player that somebody else wants.
Thing is, are Real going to be prepared to stump up £40mill for a player they'll feel they could've had for nothing? If they do, Man Utd have played them as fools and won the battle. I doubt Real Madrid will want to look like they've let Man Utd get one over on them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:56 am

If Spain have a good Euro's next summer, his valuation will rocket further too.
Quakerz wrote:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:41 pm

ArmchairDiehard wrote:If Spain have a good Euro's next summer, his valuation will rocket further too.
I am not sure if his performances are noticeable enough for Spain that this would happen. I always think that the major tournament impact more on those players who are already on the radar, but the question "can they do it on the big stage?" is still open...

Are Real Madrid going to see that much more from De Gea in France than they already know about him? Are there any other teams that are now going to be interested that weren't before.

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:57 pm

No, but if Spain win the tournament and he pulls off some important saves his value will likely go up by at least £5-10m.
Quakerz wrote:

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:17 am

De Gea was in quite a tricky position

If he hadn't signed a new deal he could well have spent a season in the wilderness and also missed out on the Euro's.

He may also feel that Real didn't really want them given United's take on what happened.

That probably left him feeling that he had to rebuild his United career.

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:26 pm

If he has been savvy he'll have included an agreed value release clause and other clauses to cover not qualifying for the UCL, etc.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:34 am

Beano wrote:If he has been savvy he'll have included an agreed value release clause and other clauses to cover not qualifying for the UCL, etc.
He did, I think it's £30 million or so.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:37 am

didn't know you were his agent?