Ammies hit TV jackpot, again!

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Ammies hit TV jackpot, again!

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:37 pm

The Salford love-in continues? I'm just glad they didn't draw Manure away... I don't think I've got a bucket big enough.

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/ammies-h ... gain-28074

The Football Association has confirmed that EVO-STIK Northern Premier League Salford City's FA Cup second round replay at Hartlepool United will be broadcast live on BT Sport.

The Premier Division club has already hit the TV jackpot twice on their cup run. After earning a £67,500 live broadcast fee from the BBC for their televised 2-0 win over Notts County in the first round proper - watched by a peak audience of 3.5 million - the Ammies scooped an additional £72,000 live fee after the BBC chose to return to Moor Lane in the second round.

As well as banking a further £67,000, they'll also add a further £27,500 in prize money to their kitty if they win and go on to host Derby.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ammies hit TV jackpot, again!

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:34 pm

It's not exactly a surprise they're on TV again.

The second round draw was a pretty poor one in terms of interesting ties, and Salford's game, given the extra profile they have, was guaranteed to get on TV.

Calling it a 'love-in' is pretty childish. Like it or not, people seem to be interested in their story, hence why Salford keep being chosen. You can't blame the TV companies for giving people what they want.

Ultimately, if you don't like it, you don't have to watch.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Darlogramps wrote:It's not exactly a surprise they're on TV again.

The second round draw was a pretty poor one in terms of interesting ties, and Salford's game, given the extra profile they have, was guaranteed to get on TV.

Calling it a 'love-in' is pretty childish. Like it or not, people seem to be interested in their story, hence why Salford keep being chosen. You can't blame the TV companies for giving people what they want.

All you've said in this post is essentially "things are a certain way, therefore you should be OK with this, you shouldn't criticise it, and you should shut up and accept it".

Thanks for the offer but I'm going to have to decline.

So in response to Salford getting ANOTHER live game: what a load of s***!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:35 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:It's not exactly a surprise they're on TV again.

All you've said in this post is essentially "things are a certain way, therefore you should be OK with this, you shouldn't criticise it, and you should shut up and accept it".
I haven't said that at all DOTU, you're better than that. I've just said something you disagree with.

You and others on this board might not be interested, which is up to you. But given the viewing figures for the Pools and Notts County games, clearly there is a lot of interest from elsewhere.

So you can't blame TV companies for showing these games. What are they meant to do? Pick less interesting games because of some subjective sense of fairness?

And if Salford v Hartlepool shouldn't have gone on TV, which other game should have?

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Personally, I'm not arsed about Salford. Good luck to them if they're getting the Tv exposure and the money. I'm more bothered about whether they can beat Pools and embarrass them on national tele !

I'm sure if we were lucky enough to get to the first round then BBC / BT would have been interested in us too.

Hopefully a future 'Darlo love in' is just round the corner...

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:27 pm

Darlogramps wrote:I haven't said that at all DOTU, you're better than that. I've just said something you disagree with.

You and others on this board might not be interested, which is up to you. But given the viewing figures for the Pools and Notts County games, clearly there is a lot of interest from elsewhere.

So you can't blame TV companies for showing these games. What are they meant to do? Pick less interesting games because of some subjective sense of fairness?

And if Salford v Hartlepool shouldn't have gone on TV, which other game should have?
I do see your point Gramps, but I'm just sick and tired of the media incessantly fawning over Salford as if their "story" is amazing. It's not, it's just part-owned by a bunch of ex-Man Utd players, and that's it. It's a bit s*** really when you think about it.

And then on top of that they keep getting live game after live game when they don't even need the money and there's nowt particularly interesting about them.

But you are essentially right in what you're saying so perhaps I should just accept it for what it is and whinge about something more important (Andy Townsend's commentating for instance).

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:48 am

Well you'll be delighted to know Salford's game (should they make the 3rd round) has not been picked for TV (at least not yet, anyway):

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/20 ... s-selected

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:24 am

Darlogramps wrote:Well you'll be delighted to know Salford's game (should they make the 3rd round) has not been picked for TV (at least not yet, anyway):

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/20 ... s-selected
As a follower of Derby, I'd be keen on watching them play in the third round. :D