Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » The Terraces
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:49 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Footie Cup Finals
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 8963
Team Supported: Darlington
There are 3 main cup finals today.

Man Utd v Crystal Palace
I guess I'll be in the majority of wanting Crystal Palace to win. Unless your a Man Utd fan, probably nearly everybody will want the underdog to win. It would be great to see Palace win a major trophy for the first time.
Rangers v Hibs
Much like the game above, the majority of people will be routing for Hibs, they're the underdogs and haven't won the Scottish Cup for 102 years, which for such a major club is very sad.
Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid
Probably the first time that 2 teams from the same city have appeared in a major European final. Again I'll be routing for the underdogs, who will be attempting to lift the European Cup for the first time.
So Palace, Hibs & Atletico Madrid winners would be great. So knowing my reputation at predictions, they'll be a raft of bets on the other 3. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Footie Cup Finals
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10164
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
There are 3 main cup finals today.

Man Utd v Crystal Palace
I guess I'll be in the majority of wanting Crystal Palace to win. Unless your a Man Utd fan, probably nearly everybody will want the underdog to win. It would be great to see Palace win a major trophy for the first time.
Rangers v Hibs
Much like the game above, the majority of people will be routing for Hibs, they're the underdogs and haven't won the Scottish Cup for 102 years, which for such a major club is very sad.
Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid
Probably the first time that 2 teams from the same city have appeared in a major European final. Again I'll be routing for the underdogs, who will be attempting to lift the European Cup for the first time.
So Palace, Hibs & Atletico Madrid winners would be great. So knowing my reputation at predictions, they'll be a raft of bets on the other 3. :lol:

Would you not call the Champions League final a major European final?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Footie Cup Finals
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 8963
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
There are 3 main cup finals today.

Man Utd v Crystal Palace
I guess I'll be in the majority of wanting Crystal Palace to win. Unless your a Man Utd fan, probably nearly everybody will want the underdog to win. It would be great to see Palace win a major trophy for the first time.
Rangers v Hibs
Much like the game above, the majority of people will be routing for Hibs, they're the underdogs and haven't won the Scottish Cup for 102 years, which for such a major club is very sad.
Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid
Probably the first time that 2 teams from the same city have appeared in a major European final. Again I'll be routing for the underdogs, who will be attempting to lift the European Cup for the first time.
So Palace, Hibs & Atletico Madrid winners would be great. So knowing my reputation at predictions, they'll be a raft of bets on the other 3. :lol:

Would you not call the Champions League final a major European final?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk


Naturally I would.

Great to see the underdog win the Scottish Cup after a wait of 114 years.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Footie Cup Finals
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10164
Team Supported: Darlington
Real and Atletico played in the Champions League final 2 years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Footie Cup Finals
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7005
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
Aren't the French (Marseille v PSG), Italian (AC v Juve) and German (Bayern v Dortmund) all on today as well?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Footie Cup Finals
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am
Posts: 6286
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid


That's next week.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Footie Cup Finals
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 8963
Team Supported: Darlington
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid


That's next week.


Yes I now realise that. Ok Spyman, sorry didn't realise that they had played against each other 2 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group