FA Cup draw

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

FA Cup draw

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:14 pm

I see Spennymoor haven't got the greatest of draws, as they are drawn away at MK Dons. Not sure which games will be picked for live coverage, as Salford aren't involved in the draw.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37673067

Curry_LG
Team Supported: Spennymoor & Notts County

Re: FA Cup draw

Post by Curry_LG » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:09 pm

As a Spennymoor fan, I personally am extremely happy with the draw. They might not be one of the most well liked teams about but it's still a huge occasion for the club and the town of Spennymoor. Having done most of the 92 as well, Stadium MK is one of about 20 I haven't done so i'm looking forward to ticking that off with Spennymoor rather than my other club, Notts County who I probably would've done it with if they ever crossed paths again.

Without sounding big headed, I would be very surprised if this game wasn't picked to be televised. Plenty of all League and all Non League ties to be able to televise this one. Although Merstham vs Oxford United wouldn't be a bad shout for a televised game. A giant killing can't be out of the question either for Spennymoor - Dons have not won a home game since Saturday 5th March in a 2-0 win over Queens Park Rangers

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:45 pm

Curry_LG wrote:As a Spennymoor fan, I personally am extremely happy with the draw. They might not be one of the most well liked teams about but it's still a huge occasion for the club and the town of Spennymoor. Having done most of the 92 as well, Stadium MK is one of about 20 I haven't done so i'm looking forward to ticking that off with Spennymoor rather than my other club, Notts County who I probably would've done it with if they ever crossed paths again.

Without sounding big headed, I would be very surprised if this game wasn't picked to be televised. Plenty of all League and all Non League ties to be able to televise this one. Although Merstham vs Oxford United wouldn't be a bad shout for a televised game. A giant killing can't be out of the question either for Spennymoor - Dons have not won a home game since Saturday 5th March in a 2-0 win over Queens Park Rangers
Nah I'd be amazed if MK Dons v Spennymoor was live on TV. If you had been drawn at home to them, then it could well have featured. Anyway hope you have a great day out and get the right result. I went to MK Dons when we played them in the League a good few years back, as me and DC went by car. I remember that for some bizarre reason, you couldn't get an alcoholic drink around the corner. We had to go to the nearby ASDA and get a can. :D

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:56 am

I'd be surprised if it's on TV, as the TV companies like little team at home to a big team - increases the chance of a shock. Merstham v Oxford, St Albans v Carlisle, Eastleigh v Swindon, Boreham Wood v Notts County - there's 4 I'd guess would be more appealing to the TV companies, so I can't see Spennymoor being selected. Now, if Spennymoor can get a draw, the would almost definitely be on TV.

Anyway, best of luck to them - should be a reasonable pay day at the very least

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:51 pm

al_quaker wrote:I'd be surprised if it's on TV, as the TV companies like little team at home to a big team - increases the chance of a shock. Merstham v Oxford, St Albans v Carlisle, Eastleigh v Swindon, Boreham Wood v Notts County - there's 4 I'd guess would be more appealing to the TV companies, so I can't see Spennymoor being selected. Now, if Spennymoor can get a draw, the would almost definitely be on TV.

Anyway, best of luck to them - should be a reasonable pay day at the very least
Good shout about Eastleigh v Swindon, as it's almost a local derby. Mertsham is in Surrey, so again not too far for Oxford to travel.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Westfield and Curzon must be a bit gutted. One is going out without an awful lot to show for their efforts. That said one has an amazing opportunity to get a great second round draw.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:48 pm

Gateshead lost replay at home to lowly Alfreton from the Conference North 2-3.

grytters

Post by grytters » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Curry_LG wrote:As a Spennymoor fan, I personally am extremely happy with the draw. They might not be one of the most well liked teams about but it's still a huge occasion for the club and the town of Spennymoor. Having done most of the 92 as well, Stadium MK is one of about 20 I haven't done so i'm looking forward to ticking that off with Spennymoor rather than my other club, Notts County who I probably would've done it with if they ever crossed paths again.

Mertsham v Oxford indeed!

(As is Eastleigh v Swindon, and the big Lancashire derby, Southport v Fleetwood)

http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/fixtures
Bring Back the Quarters

windyforce4

Post by windyforce4 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Eastleigh v Swindon it is......