York City

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

York City

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:06 pm

I see their last game of the season is live on BT Sport tomorrow at 12pm at home to play-off bound team Forest Green Rovers. Obviously I'd love to see them lose and get relegated to the Conference North, but would they stay professional? People say let Salford get promoted, but there will be plenty of tough competition with or without Salford next season.

biccynana

Re: York City

Post by biccynana » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I see their last game of the season is live on BT Sport tomorrow at 12pm at home to play-off bound team Forest Green Rovers. Obviously I'd love to see them lose and get relegated to the Conference North, but would they stay professional? People say let Salford get promoted, but there will be plenty of tough competition with or without Salford next season.
It’s going to be a hell of a job to get out of Conf Nth next season. Bear in mind only one from Kiddie, Halifax, Chorley, Salford, and Stockport will be going up this season. Add in Harrogate (going full time aren’t they?) and maybe even a decent season for Blyth, to say nothing of four (full-time?) teams coming down from Conf Nat and it’s going to be a bugger of a division.

Darlo_Pete

Re: York City

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:26 pm

biccynana wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I see their last game of the season is live on BT Sport tomorrow at 12pm at home to play-off bound team Forest Green Rovers. Obviously I'd love to see them lose and get relegated to the Conference North, but would they stay professional? People say let Salford get promoted, but there will be plenty of tough competition with or without Salford next season.
It’s going to be a hell of a job to get out of Conf Nth next season. Bear in mind only one from Kiddie, Halifax, Chorley, Salford, and Stockport will be going up this season. Add in Harrogate (going full time aren’t they?) and maybe even a decent season for Blyth, to say nothing of four (full-time?) teams coming down from Conf Nat and it’s going to be a bugger of a division.
I agree with all of that and that's why we need to give Gray as good a budget as possible, just to give us a fighting chance.