York City FC

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Gow9900
Team Supported: Darlington

York City FC

Post by Gow9900 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:38 pm

Just been having a look at the league tables, and noticed York are bottom of the league. What a fast decline they seem to be in at the moment.

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/1/

Looking at their fans forum it appears the club is in a mess and a lot of their fans don't see any way out of the relegation places for them.

If we don't get promoted this season Conference North 2017/18 could include us, Halifax, Stockport, Boston, FC United, York, Kidderminster, Salford, FC United, a full time Harrogate Town etc etc

Just our luck that when we land in the division it is the strongest it has ever been.

On a side note, hopefully two of Spennymoor, Blyth and Whitby can get promoted into the Conference North, more local games and less of these silly trips past Birmingham in a regional league!

AndyPark

Re: York City FC

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm sure I read somewhere a few weeks back, that they have 1 of the biggest budgets in that league too.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:30 pm

The talk from their supporters is that this year's budget is a 'top 3 budget' in an all-out effort to make an immediate return to the Football League.

I fear for their longer term future if it doesn't work out.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Are they still planning to move into their new ground on the outskirts of the city, along with the York RL team?