You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » The Terraces
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:56 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:37 am 

Team Supported: Darlington
Watched their FA Cup game yesterday against Spurs. Thought they were excellent value for a draw, but when Spurs went ahead near the end, I thought that was curtains for them, but footie is a funny old game. It's great that Their efforts will be rewarded with a trip to Wembley and I'm sure they'll take make thousands down for the game.

Last edited by Darlo_Pete on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Rochdale
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:51 pm 

It was a great game. Well done to Rochdale - I didn't think they could do it, but they played great. Proper football too.

Premier league clubs have been making a fuss about replays and match congestion, but tough - as Alan Shearer said last night, if you want to win it first time round - play your best team from the start.

Obvs they will get well beaten in the replay, but that's for another day and not really the point.

Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:28 pm 

Spurs couldn't blame the pitch either, after Rochdale relayed the pitch at considerable expense to themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:16 pm 

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Spurs couldn't blame the pitch either, after Rochdale relayed the pitch at considerable expense to themselves.

The FA and Tottenham helped towards the pitch costs..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:55 pm 

Unbelievable match tonight as Wigan yes Wigan beat Man City 1-0 and end the quadruple. As the commentator said Dan Burn was immense.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:20 am 

Team Supported: Mighty Darlo
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
It was a great game. Well done to Rochdale - I didn't think they could do it, but they played great. Proper football too.

Premier league clubs have been making a fuss about replays and match congestion, but tough - as Alan Shearer said last night, if you want to win it first time round - play your best team from the start.

Obvs they will get well beaten in the replay, but that's for another day and not really the point.

Isn't there talk of scrapping replays from the 4th Round onwards...Not sure if that os from next season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:34 am 

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Watched their FA Cup game yesterday against Spurs. Thought they were excellent value for a draw, but when Spurs went ahead near the end, I thought that was curtains for them, but footie is a funny old game. It's great that Their efforts will be rewarded with a trip to Wembley and I'm sure they'll take make thousands down for the game.
Even as a Spurs fan I was more than happy to see a replay pitch cost aside that should bring Rochdale a very nice sum up the FA Cup long may it reign unchanged.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:21 pm 

murtonquaker wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Isn't there talk of scrapping replays from the 4th Round onwards...Not sure if that os from next season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think it's being looked at. If they decide to scrap more relays then that will hit the teams that need the money more - the little teams.

Premier league teams are quite happy to play the little teams as long as they play to the script and roll over.

Wigan played brilliantly last night, so instead of picking a fight with the Wigan manager and with the referee, Guardiola should be turning his attention to Delph! Why did he do what he did when it was so silly and unnecessary?

Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:27 pm 

I could only watch the replay up to half-time and Rochdale gave as good as they got. They got steam rolled in the second half, but great experience for them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:40 pm 

AndyPark wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

The FA and Tottenham helped towards the pitch costs..

Not just that - 'secretary talk' is that Tottenham paid the entire pitch bill.