** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Since you're all here so much I thought you'd like your own patch of land. It's free - just like your buses.

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
Tony Wilson
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:17 am

** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by Tony Wilson » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:04 pm

Announcement to follow shortly

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12218
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:09 pm

Obviously worried we'll be bringing too many fans to the game. Wonder if they'll bother to make it all ticket for their fans, there's probably no need.

polarbear
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 10:13 am
Team Supported: spennymoor

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by polarbear » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:59 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:09 pm
Obviously worried we'll be bringing too many fans to the game. Wonder if they'll bother to make it all ticket for their fans, there's probably no need.
What are the average attendances for Spennymoor and Darlington,

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12218
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:43 pm

polarbear wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:59 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:09 pm
Obviously worried we'll be bringing too many fans to the game. Wonder if they'll bother to make it all ticket for their fans, there's probably no need.
What are the average attendances for Spennymoor and Darlington,
Our average away attendance at Spennymoor is around 1200, Spennymoor's away attendance is around 200, enough said.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:08 pm

polarbear wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:59 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:09 pm
Obviously worried we'll be bringing too many fans to the game. Wonder if they'll bother to make it all ticket for their fans, there's probably no need.
What are the average attendances for Spennymoor and Darlington,
Irrelevant.

It's all ticket because of our improbably large percentage of away fans compared to home fans.

Bottom line, we will take 1,000+ to Spendy - therefore you've made it all ticket. You will bring 300 for the reverse fixture.

See that's the difference between the two clubs - whilst I commend the increase in your attendances built off the back of years of success, ground improvements, Brad's investment and lots of feel good publicity - ultimately a high percentage of your gates are glory hunters who are fickle. Pare those away and you are traditionally a non league club with a few hundred fans, and ultimately those sorts of clubs take comparatively fuck all away.

You see our home gates contain no glory hunters because we've done nowt for 3 seasons in the league - that's our "core" and they're nearly all loyal. Hence large away followings that you need to all ticket for.

It will be generations of success and being in the league, before you can emulate the proportion of away fans that we have.
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

spen666
Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by spen666 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:17 pm

How many points do teams get for size of their following?

Mind you when a town is 6 times the size of another you would expect t it to get 6 times the number of fans

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:24 pm

spen666 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:17 pm
How many points do teams get for size of their following?

Mind you when a town is 6 times the size of another you would expect t it to get 6 times the number of fans
Yawn Spen, yawn.

I'm talking about the amount of fans that we take away compared to our home gates. The percentage is improbably large, one of the best in non league - better than the likes of Stockport, York etc. Loyal fans, see.
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

spen666
Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by spen666 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:49 pm

Yeah and how many points do teams get for size of their following?

Bromley are top of National League yet took less than 290 to Sutton in their derby.

Other sides like Chesterfield or Wrexham who take many times more are towards bottom of table.

You get zero points for the number of fans you have.


Boasting about crowd sizes is a pointless willy waving contest because you get no points for size of crowds

JasonDeVos
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by JasonDeVos » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:46 pm

spen666 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:49 pm
Yeah and how many points do teams get for size of their following?

Bromley are top of National League yet took less than 290 to Sutton in their derby.

Other sides like Chesterfield or Wrexham who take many times more are towards bottom of table.

You get zero points for the number of fans you have.


Boasting about crowd sizes is a pointless willy waving contest because you get no points for size of crowds
But don’t you need crowds to pay for a large wage bill without an owner putting money on?....

Darlogramps
Posts: 4793
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:18 pm

spen666 wrote: Mind you when a town is 6 times the size of another you would expect t it to get 6 times the number of fans
Care to explain that logic.

London’s population is 90 times that of Darlington, yet Haringey Borough don’t get crowds 90 times the size.

Your logic also assumes people only support their hometown, which is of course untrue. And that’s before you account for geographical and historical factors.

The plain facts are Darlington gets a bigger attendance than Spennymoor. As a former league club which has been around for longer, and traditionally garnered far more media coverage.

Between 2003 and 2012, Darlington went through a a period of decline, followed by four years not playing in the town. Spennymoor meanwhile has had five years of expansion fuelled by significant investment and success (and the two are of course linked).

The bedwetting we see from both fans (although in my view Spenny fans react more sensitively to it) is all a little embarrassing.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

spen666
Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by spen666 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:33 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:18 pm
spen666 wrote: Mind you when a town is 6 times the size of another you would expect t it to get 6 times the number of fans
Care to explain that logic.

London’s population is 90 times that of Darlington, yet Haringey Borough don’t get crowds 90 times the size.


[\QUOTE]


Your logic also assumes people only support their hometown, which is of course untrue. And that’s before you account for geographical and historical factors.

The plain facts are Darlington gets a bigger attendance than Spennymoor. As a former league club which has been around for longer, and traditionally garnered far more media coverage.

Between 2003 and 2012, Darlington went through a a period of decline, followed by four years not playing in the town. Spennymoor meanwhile has had five years of expansion fuelled by significant investment and success (and the two are of course linked).

The bedwetting we see from both fans (although in my view Spenny fans react more sensitively to it) is all a little embarrassing.


I repeat what I have said before, it's pointless willy waving to boast about crowd sizes.

You get no points for size of your following.

On and in the period 2003-2012 you say Darlington were in decline, they won their only national trophy and in same period Spennymoor lost its football club when Spennymoor United ceased to exist.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4793
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:12 pm

spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:18 pm
spen666 wrote: Mind you when a town is 6 times the size of another you would expect t it to get 6 times the number of fans
Care to explain that logic.

London’s population is 90 times that of Darlington, yet Haringey Borough don’t get crowds 90 times the size.



Your logic also assumes people only support their hometown, which is of course untrue. And that’s before you account for geographical and historical factors.

The plain facts are Darlington gets a bigger attendance than Spennymoor. As a former league club which has been around for longer, and traditionally garnered far more media coverage.

Between 2003 and 2012, Darlington went through a a period of decline, followed by four years not playing in the town. Spennymoor meanwhile has had five years of expansion fuelled by significant investment and success (and the two are of course linked).

The bedwetting we see from both fans (although in my view Spenny fans react more sensitively to it) is all a little embarrassing.
I repeat what I have said before, it's pointless willy waving to boast about crowd sizes.

You get no points for size of your following.

Oh and in the period 2003-2012 you say Darlington were in decline, they won their only national trophy and in same period Spennymoor lost its football club when Spennymoor United ceased to exist.
Nice dodge, but you didn’t explain your logic on town population equating to attendance levels. I’ll ask you again to explain it.

Moreover, clubs can have high points in long term negative periods. The fact we won the FA Trophy doesn’t change the fact Darlington declined between 03 and 12. Are you trying to argue the opposite? If not, I don’t understand the point you’re making.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shildonlad
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by shildonlad » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:27 pm

Size of town can often be irevelant to crowds a team get and what league they are in. i mean large towns like warrington, slough and telford have never had a football league team and theres places smaller than york who have teams in the premier league. Darlington get bigger crowds than alot in the division as in one form or another they had years and years in the football league, spennymoor and the like aint
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

polarbear
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 10:13 am
Team Supported: spennymoor

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by polarbear » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:21 pm

North East Teams Average Home Attendances
Hartlepool 3256
York City   2697 
Darlington 1527 
South Shields 1487  
Spennymoor 1139 
Harrogate 1128
Scarborough 1029  
Gateshead 977
Blyth 869
Morpeth 614  
Whitby 533
Dunston 312
Marske Utd 311

Not a lot between Darlington and Spennymoor
But a lot between Darlington and Hartlepool

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:13 pm

Doesn't Spenny's crowd include 700 give away tickets?
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

Tony Wilson
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:17 am

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by Tony Wilson » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:12 am

**Update 5th December**

We can officially announce that Darlington will have an allocation of 800 tickets for the fixture on New Years Day with the remaining onsale to Spennymoor fans.

In our previous 2 National North League fixtures against Darlington at The Brewery Field, There were 757 and 767 away fans in attendance respectively.

Ticket information on how to purchase from both clubs will be issued shortly.

Tony Wilson - Spennymoor Town FC Managing Director

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12218
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: ** Spennymoor vs Darlington - ALL TICKET NEW YEARS DAY **

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:20 pm

And the unofficial figure for Darlo fans at those 2 games would be a few more than that!!!!

Post Reply