Monkey hangers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Monkey hangers

Post by spen666 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:41 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Yup... Mr Groves himself says he has chucked a seven-figure sum into his spenny project. Dont think thats been matched by takings in the hospitality tent, advertising boards or over the bar in the club pub.
.I would be interested to see where you get this from Brad has not personally put anything like that in as he has set up club finances in the way I referred to above so that the withdrawal of any sponsor won't cause the club to fail.

But don't let that fact worry you

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:43 pm

spen666 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:Yup... Mr Groves himself says he has chucked a seven-figure sum into his spenny project. Dont think thats been matched by takings in the hospitality tent, advertising boards or over the bar in the club pub.
.I would be interested to see where you get this from Brad has not personally put anything like that in as he has set up club finances in the way I referred to above so that the withdrawal of any sponsor won't cause the club to fail.

It's from a statement by Brad himself in the last year. Sure you can Google search it.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:52 pm

spen666 wrote:

So if Brad decides to leave you won't be up the swanny?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:05 pm

Spen spends so much time on here that he clearly cant find the time to read his own team's official site. A story on there seeking new investors states that Brad has put in a "seven-figure personal investment." Spen making an arse of himself yet again. Or maybe in denial with all the rest.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:18 pm

Spen, I know you're clearly very busy with legal issues, blogging, twitter and trying to get us going so here's the link to disprove you once again
https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/news-moo ... -momentum/

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Oh dear spen, looks a bit conclusive to me...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Surely it must be fake news, spens never wrong!!!!!!!!!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:26 pm

spen666 wrote:

Utterly deluded. If Brad pulls out they would be in the utter shee-ite.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:56 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Spen, I know you're clearly very busy with legal issues, blogging, twitter and trying to get us going so here's the link to disprove you once again
https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/news-moo ... -momentum/
:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's what you call a slamdunk.

Bet Spen still refuses to admit he's wrong though.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Football and professional sports are just a reflection of society. You have the haves and have nots, the rich getting richer and poor struggling to make ends meet, there is no equality - that's life.
Occasionally you get a bit of luck with a backer bankrolling a dream, a bit like an individual with relatively little winning the lottery.

What I object to is this attitude some owners have and have had at many clubs throughout history, where they go in with all good intentions and ambition but quickly forget the financial burden the cost of running a club can be - football clubs are for life, not for business, rings so true. The attitude should be they are custodians of the club for the period of time they are owners of the club, but the very existence of the club for the good of the town/city/community is the be all and end all. You will rarely make money as an owner of a professional sports team, so any financial input shouldn't be seen as 'investment' and more a 'donation' because its very foolish and selfish to expect anything back.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Harrison Gone

Hartlepool United terminate contract of manager Craig Harrison

Interesting timing, who would want that job

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Is there enough money for his pay off?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:01 pm

murtonquaker wrote:Harrison Gone

Martin Gray :D

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:40 pm

I see diehard poolie fan Nick Loughlin gave most of the side at Halifax 4 & 5's out of 10. Top mark was a very modest 6 out of 10.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:43 pm

jjljks wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:Harrison Gone

Martin Gray :D

Not enough money for him to spend...unless he could get his mate Mr S involved to perhaps build a care home on part of the site

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Spen, he could take over in the Northern League.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:07 pm

How can they afford to sack a manager when they are struggling to run a club...

Doesn't add up.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Pity he wasn't allowed to complete the job he was brought in for, to get poolie relegated!! :lol:

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Has he done the honourable thing and waived his money? Or have they sacked him, not paid him and told him to join the queue behind the banks, taxman etc...

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:39 pm

If they go into Admin, would he be on the list of Football Creditors, and, if so, would he due any money in full?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Glad i'm not the only one wondering how the heck they've afforded to sack him...

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Mr_Pickle wrote:Blyth manager, Alun Armstrong a 16/1 favourite to join them. Paul Ince is the favourite howbeit according to The Non League Paper.
Favourite at 16/1?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Spyman wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:Blyth manager, Alun Armstrong a 16/1 favourite to join them. Paul Ince is the favourite howbeit according to The Non League Paper.
Favourite at 16/1?
Paul Ince becoming their manager, I think that's wishful thinking on their part. They need someone with experience of running a part-time team at Evostick Level.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:37 pm

Have I missed something and Hartlepool have been taken over and all their debts paid off? Otherwise, there's no way they'll get another manager with their financial uncertainty.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:22 pm

16/1 Favourite get real, Guy Branston would be a shoutImageImage[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201802 ... 483d77.jpg[/img]

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Whoever is thinking of applying for this job is in need of psychiatric therapy! They must have a Messiah complex or deeply into S&M. Hope we get back to those Derby games next season! :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:58 pm

jjljks wrote:Whoever is thinking of applying for this job is in need of psychiatric therapy! They must have a Messiah complex or deeply into S&M. Hope we get back to those Derby games next season! :lol:
I think there is more likelihood of ourselves being in a higher league than them next season.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Mr_Pickle wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
16/1 Favourite get real, Guy Branston would be a shout
Taken from the Non League Paper's tweet, sir.

https://twitter.com/NonLeaguePaper/stat ... 2819208194

Craig Hignett and Ronnie Moore's names being thrown around too :shock:
A favourite is at the top of the market I.E Alan Armstrong no where near the top, as the caption shows Paul Ince 2/5 Fav...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:58 pm

The last thing they need is a big name with big ideas, like Paul Ince. They need someone who knows the non-league scene and can work within a very tight budget. So Paul Ince it is then. :lol:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:18 pm

People are forgetting that Paul Ince started at Macclesfield Town in League 2 and turned them around, before going to Mk Dons in League 2. Therefore he has plenty of experience of lower league football and there isn’t a huge difference between L2 and the National League.

I’m not saying he can achieve anything at Pools because it looks an impossible job, but Ince is as good a shout as anyone else.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017