arrive early tonight - ticket update

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

isitouryear
Team Supported: Darlington

arrive early tonight - ticket update

Post by isitouryear » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:20 am

sunderland have sold 3500 and 1500 will be on sale for them tonight in which the club are aware that alot of away fans will be purchasing tonight. darlo hvae sold 2000 so far so the club are expecting queues and the guy in ticket office said due to administration they are still under staffed and will struggle with a late surge before kick off.
On another topic, im a darlo fan and visit website regular for news etc but i cant say ive seen or heard much in the way of promoting and building up these big 3 friendlies

quakersam

Re: arrive early tonight - ticket update

Post by quakersam » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:29 am

Thanks for the update bud, can't say I've seen any build-up either. I've been going on about that for weeks and still nothing is done. To maximise the crowds and potential revenue, you'd think they'd be doing everything to get people in. I'd even help them out by trying to sell the games.
What's our supposed stadium sponsor doing? Absolutely nothing, same as usual :roll:

Sam
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:30 am

You start off by saying that the club will struggle with a late surge because they are understaffed, then go on to moan about the lack of promotion from the official site....

Surely you can see the irony? :wtf:

isitouryear

Post by isitouryear » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:36 am

maybe with more promotion and bigger anticipation for the game then more darlo fans would have got tickets early. sunderland fans have

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:52 am

You cant really compare the Darlington fans to the Sunderland fans, Sunderland may well of shipped 3500 tickets but they get 40,000 a game, us on the other hand have shipped 2000 but only get 2500 a game, still i'd expect Sunderland to now have 4500-5000 tonight with us having 3500-4000 so a crowd of 8000+

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:03 pm

Hilly wrote:You start off by saying that the club will struggle with a late surge because they are understaffed, then go on to moan about the lack of promotion from the official site....

Surely you can see the irony? :wtf:
Have people actually looked at the official site of late?

There has been shed loads about the Sunderland and Newcastle games of late. In the last week there has been reference to it virtually everyday!

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:08 pm

Dont visit the official site much but the last few times ive been on ive certainly seen the badges of all 3 big clubs

isitouryear

Post by isitouryear » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:20 pm

thats my point, us fans visit the websites regular, the floating fans wont do

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:22 pm

I meant for the people who don't use the internet or don't go on the official site, believe me there is more than you might think. I at least expected some stories in the paper or a big spread with a build-up to the games.
I've just made a quick poster that only took about 10minutes to make on Photoshop.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:35 pm

isitouryear wrote:thats my point, us fans visit the websites regular, the floating fans wont do
Fair enough, I thought you were just singling out the official site. Understand where your coming from now. :)

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Cheers mate, it really doesn't take along time. I'd even make them each month for the club if it took some workload off them.

carver30

Post by carver30 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:06 pm

goldensyrup wrote:
quakersam wrote:I meant for the people who don't use the internet or don't go on the official site, believe me there is more than you might think. I at least expected some stories in the paper or a big spread with a build-up to the games.
I've just made a quick poster that only took about 10minutes to make on Photoshop.

outstanding effort and it beggers belief why on earth the club cant do something like this, mind you as were still in admin they must be rubbing their greedy fat hands at the prospect of all that dosh arriving over the next couple of days for friendly games
I'd imagine all the dosh will be going to pay the administrator

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:27 pm

You imagine wrong then.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

I_were_a_mascot
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by I_were_a_mascot » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:31 pm

Poster looks nice, I know it's a test, but it states 'Pre-Season Game Package' that sounds like you're getting all 3 matches for a tenner!

Nonetheless, very good poster anyway!

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:15 pm

The poster was right Quakerz I'm afraid the money made from tonight and Saturday is goin to the Administrator. i have this on good authority from someone at the club.

Shieldsy

Post by Shieldsy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm sure its already been said that this money along with the season ticket money will be kept until we are out of admin. :?

mobi

Post by mobi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:44 pm

quakerste wrote:The poster was right Quakerz I'm afraid the money made from tonight and Saturday is goin to the Administrator. i have this on good authority from someone at the club.
Partly true, the administrator is ring-fencing the money until we are out of administration. So the administrator does not get to keep ANY of it.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:46 pm

quakerste wrote:The poster was right Quakerz I'm afraid the money made from tonight and Saturday is goin to the Administrator. i have this on good authority from someone at the club.
Not everybody at the club knows what they are talking about though.

Nobody can say that all of the money from the next two friendlies are going to the administrators because we don't know what their fees are compared to the gate receipts.

We will no doubt have to pay them something when we exit admin, to settle their bill, that will come out of the ring fenced income from the summer, which would include friendlies, season tickets, sponsorships, events etc.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

mobi

Post by mobi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Quakerz wrote:

Nobody can say that all of the money from the next two friendlies are going to the administrators because we don't know what their fees are compared to the gate receipts.

We will no doubt have to pay them something when we exit admin, to settle their bill, that will come out of the ring fenced income from the summer, which would include friendlies, season tickets, sponsorships, events etc.
I would think that the administrators will claim their money from the old company, and it would have been taken from the money GH put in to buy out the old company, before the CVA was offered. I may be wrong, but I don't think they can charge the new company as they technically aren't working for them.

ambiente

Post by ambiente » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:39 pm

mobi wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

I would think that the administrators will claim their money from the old company, and it would have been taken from the money GH put in to buy out the old company, before the CVA was offered. I may be wrong, but I don't think they can charge the new company as they technically aren't working for them.
Thats my understanding as well that all debts and fees were cleared/settled under the CVA process. Be interesting to get a firm answer on this, maybe a question for the 3rd August?

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:29 am

quakersam wrote:I meant for the people who don't use the internet or don't go on the official site, believe me there is more than you might think. I at least expected some stories in the paper or a big spread with a build-up to the games.

Careful...the club will be taking credit for that very soon! :silent: :D