Joe Lamplough

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Chris
Team Supported: Darlington

Joe Lamplough

Post by Darlo_Chris » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:29 pm

The left back that we had on trial over the summer has joined Mansfield on non-contract terms. I thought he looked quite a good player of what i saw of him. Would be better than having a centre back at left back.

quakerste

Re: Joe Lamplough

Post by quakerste » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:04 pm

I totally agree with you Chris i thought he was a far better option than Bower, younger more mobile and probably on less cash.

I think it was another case of job for the boys with Bower and Arnison with there connections with Todd in the past, so they come here pick up a wage and offer us nothing.

I would rather have a couple of young hungry players who are trying to make a name in the game like the likes of Lamplough.

Come to think of it I'd rather have Valentine.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Valentine has been found out already at Hereford. Hes not very good, one of your typical 100%ers but thats about it

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:53 pm

yep, i agree he wouldve been better than bower - whom i havent been impressed with

RH79

Post by RH79 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:51 am

Bower is a centre half not a full back. Of course it is jobs for the boys, Todd has brought in a couple of people (in Arnison and Bower) that he knows and trust. The players also know how the manager opperates.

Managers always bring in players they know - look at DP