Wemberly....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Hilly
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wemberly....

Post by Hilly » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Not wanting to tempt fate even further, is it an option that they move our game to a later timeslot so to not conflict with the Hartlepool game? i.e. So fans of both teams aren't effectively travelling down at the same time?

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:54 pm

That would certainly save British Transport Police a potential headache.

On a different note, do you think we can sit where we want in Wembley - obviously in our end, or do we have to sit in the seats we're given?
I think I'm probably used to sitting in a hyooge building where I can pick and choose, so that may be a daft question.

aveda

Post by aveda » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Hilly wrote:Not wanting to tempt fate even further, is it an option that they move our game to a later timeslot so to not conflict with the Hartlepool game? i.e. So fans of both teams aren't effectively travelling down at the same time?
Could they not just get the Hartlepool supporters' car to go a different route ?

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Just so I have got this correct, for one person to get a single there and a single back only requires 6 tokens not 2 x 6 tokens (i.e. 12)?

Might seem stupid but better safe than sorry.
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:04 pm

I'm sure I've answered this already in this thread. But yes you are correct. 6 for a return journey for 1 person
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

number_one

Post by number_one » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:23 pm

aveda wrote:
Hilly wrote:Not wanting to tempt fate even further, is it an option that they move our game to a later timeslot so to not conflict with the Hartlepool game? i.e. So fans of both teams aren't effectively travelling down at the same time?
Could they not just get the Hartlepool supporters' car to go a different route ?
If they manage to nick a car, security is getting better these days.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:34 pm

How many away followers do you seriously think Poolies will take? 300 max! :roll:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:57 pm

Spyman wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Will DJ be going?
I've been meaning to text him all day and will do so know.

I'd be surprised if he even knows, given the lack of coverage on BBC/Sky.
The answer is yes, and he'll even be at Crawley so he can learn some of the players names before the big day.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:31 pm

On the 07:30 going down and the 19:00 coming back, had to book first class as all the £10 trips had gone, with the Gazzette offer it was still only £39:50 each way and worth every penny.

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Double post

DAFTS

Post by DAFTS » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:05 am

Not a huge surprise, only £100+ returns left now.... :wtf:

There are a few bits of travel and pub info on the Dafts WEMBLEY guide now...! www.dafts.co.uk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:16 am

On our previous visits to Wembley, they kindly organised some football specials, which were a fair bit cheaper than the normal fares. It would be good if they organised something like this again.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:33 am

I'm gunna book my train tickets tomorrow so I know what time kick off is and that.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:04 pm

AndyPark wrote:I'm gunna book my train tickets tomorrow so I know what time kick off is and that.
Likewise. It should be sometime between 2-3pm, but I'd rather not get caught out.

To be honest I don't think it matters when you book it now, all the cheap tickets have gone (unless anyone particularly wants to leave Kings Cross at 17:40...).

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:54 pm

We haven't had any coach ticket prices back yet have we?

magic1

Post by magic1 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Hang fire on booking transport as I've heard from a good source that the Echo are going to be running offers including something very similar to the Gazette's £20 return offer. Don't know exact dates but sounds like the promotion will start on the 7th April for travel from the 2nd May onwards. As mentioned previously all the cheap tickets have gone on the trains so it won't do any harm waiting to see what the echo are going to do

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Well, my Gazette tickets turned up in the post this morning - nice and quick! Also booked some off peak travelcards for having a wander round London in the morning, since we're getting there at about 10am! Then it's the Tube, walk up Wembley Way, divert to the Green Man, to meet some of you fine folk :D

Three people spending most of the day in London for less than £100 - not bad! Now we just need tickets to the main event :D
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

LordRazzle

Post by LordRazzle » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 pm

not sure if this is the right thread but i know some people we wondering about the KO time so i just checked out the event list for wembley and it has the KO time at 3pm
Wherever I May Roam.....Darlo Is My Home!!!

Hilly

Re: Re: Wemberly....

Post by Hilly » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:31 pm

mikkyx wrote:Well, my Gazette tickets turned up in the post this morning - nice and quick! Also booked some off peak travelcards for having a wander round London in the morning, since we're getting there at about 10am! Then it's the Tube, walk up Wembley Way, divert to the Green Man, to meet some of you fine folk :D

Three people spending most of the day in London for less than £100 - not bad! Now we just need tickets to the main event :D
Sounds very similar to our plan!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

darlotoon

Post by darlotoon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:45 pm

Surely there should be some details out by now ??? They could have been relayed back to the stadium to update the website couldn't they ?