Under 10 Season tickets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

StanWebbsGhost
Team Supported: Darlington

Under 10 Season tickets

Post by StanWebbsGhost » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Free under 10 season tickets, only apply to Full adult paying season ticket buyers. Therefore my mates Dad can't take his grandson to matches as he only has a OAP concessionary season ticket. My mate (cos of work) can't get to a lot of games so no point in buying a season ticket. How many more Grandads would want to take their grandchildren to matches - this is so wrong :thumbdown:

wylam_rangers

Re: Under 10 Season tickets

Post by wylam_rangers » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:58 pm

StanWebbsGhost wrote:Free under 10 season tickets, only apply to Full adult paying season ticket buyers. Therefore my mates Dad can't take his grandson to matches as he only has a OAP concessionary season ticket. My mate (cos of work) can't get to a lot of games so no point in buying a season ticket. How many more Grandads would want to take their grandchildren to matches - this is so wrong :thumbdown:
I've got some sympathy with you but this has been abused in the past. Why does your mate not buy an adult ST and give it to his dad to use - then when all three of them want to go grandad just buys a concessionary.

This is a subject for the fans' forum and something the club has not thought through properly.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:04 pm

cut the club a bit of slack, they are trying to make a bit of money, the budget is already tiny as it is, i know money is tight but fans need to be getting behind the club and providing as much funding as possible, we all want a good deal, but surely we also want darlo to do well - thats why we support them. raj has stated all money will go into the team so i'm happy to part with my ST money in the hope it'll make us a stronger team.

the club is a business and are using the U10 free tickets as an incentive for people to buy full price adult season tickets.

You say he "can't" take his grandson to the matches? Of course he can, he just needs to buy an U16 ticket as well as a concession.

Concession - £175
U16 - £90
Total - £265, still cheaper than 1 adult season ticket and works out at less than £6 a game each, what more do you want?

Shieldsy

Post by Shieldsy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:14 pm

divas wrote: You say he "can't" take his grandson to the matches? Of course he can, he just needs to buy an U16 ticket as well as a concession.

Concession - £175
U16 - £90
Total - £265, still cheaper than 1 adult season ticket and works out at less than £6 a game each, what more do you want?
He doesn't even need that, they do an U10s one for £49, so even cheaper still

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Shieldsy wrote:
divas wrote: You say he "can't" take his grandson to the matches? Of course he can, he just needs to buy an U16 ticket as well as a concession.

Concession - £175
U16 - £90
He doesn't even need that, they do an U10s one for £49, so even cheaper still
well there you go, i dont see an issue, 2 attendees for £224 for the season (<£5 game), i doubt you'd get better than that anywhere else

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:23 pm

i applied for my season tickets last saturday, had a bit of a chew to be honest but got there in the end.

I got my ticket, a free under 10 for the five year old and wanted a £49 Under 10 for the 9 year old (1 free under 10 only per adult season ticket).

Had a debate with Peter with regards to the £49 under 10 ticket, at first he said I had to get a £99 one as the £49 wasn't available unless bought with a full paying adult. After reviewing the price list we came to the conclusion that I was correct (well he was going to check on Monday anyway) he also wanted two passport photos for the £49 ticket, which in my opinion I didn't need. I took two photos for the free under 10 ticket which stated on the price list was needed but it says nothing about passport photos for the £49 under 10 ticket. So I had to head off to Morrisons and pay £4 for some photos, chuntering about more expense, kids are costly things!

Got there in the end though and adding on the £5 admin fee for the free Under 10 I should get my three season tickets for £334. Happy with that! :thumbup: