Excellent idea to get season tickets signed up

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

sue_donym
Team Supported: Darlington

Excellent idea to get season tickets signed up

Post by sue_donym » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Quakerz

Re: Excellent idea to get season tickets signed up

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:02 pm

Yeah it's a good idea, but they are asking for people to buy season tickets between now and May 1st to get a free FAT ticket.

Whereas we are asking for pledges to buy tickets on June 1st.

We couldn't really offer a FAT ticket for a pledge which the customer may then go back on.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:05 pm

Its a great deal, I guess they could ask people who want to take them up on the free ticket to pay up front.
Sadly though, I don't think the club can afford it; even though it may be just the thing to get the season ticket sales up to the 2000 adult target.

sue_donym

Post by sue_donym » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:09 pm

To be honset I'm a little nervous about this whole 'pledge' idea anyway...is this pledge actually binding in any way? Is there anything to stop someone pledging to buy a season ticket now and then (should the season go tits up, or Cooper leave, or whatever), then turn around and say you know what sod it I'd rather not.

We could also introduce an offer like this to complement the pledge system - yes we appreciated you pledging to buy a ticket but if you actually stump up and buy it now we'll chuck in a free ticket to Wembley.

I think it would be an excellent idea to profit off the wave of positivity around the club at the moment and get some money in the coffers for next season - the more money we can get in the bank earlier the better Cooper will know what he has to work with next season.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:12 pm

sue_donym wrote:To be honset I'm a little nervous about this whole 'pledge' idea anyway...is this pledge actually binding in any way? Is there anything to stop someone pledging to buy a season ticket now and then (should the season go tits up, or Cooper leave, or whatever), then turn around and say you know what sod it I'd rather not.

We could also introduce an offer like this to complement the pledge system - yes we appreciated you pledging to buy a ticket but if you actually stump up and buy it now we'll chuck in a free ticket to Wembley.

I think it would be an excellent idea to profit off the wave of positivity around the club at the moment and get some money in the coffers for next season - the more money we can get in the bank earlier the better Cooper will know what he has to work with next season.
Yes - if affordable it sounds a good idea.

You know I've just been thinking, if we somehow qualify for the play offs and reach the final, that'd be worth another 2-300k to the club, we couldn't half cash in and pretty much wipe out next seasons budget shortfall.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017