What Was It Like

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

rj50
Team Supported: Darlington

What Was It Like

Post by rj50 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Going into work this morning know that our team are going to a wembley final,and your work mates wernt.The best day ever after all the flak for been a Darlo supporter,by god i gave years of flak back and more to come.

grytters

Re: What Was It Like

Post by grytters » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:30 pm

I work with a Carlisle fan.

His JPT final tickets have already arrived in the post.

(So I've got no idea)
Bring Back the Quarters

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:35 pm

rj50 wrote:Going into work this morning know that our team are going to a wembley final,and your work mates wernt.The best day ever after all the flak for been a Darlo supporter,by god i gave years of flak back and more to come.

Working in Newcastle - surrounded by Mags and Sunderland fans - who suddenly were not interested in football. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .

Gave them massives of s*** about how we were :roll: the only North east team to be going to Wembley - although, I gave them hope that next season, they may just make the same - in the playoffs in the Championship after their relegation.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:43 pm

Absolutely chuffing brilliant. I work with a couple of Middlesbrough fans and in fairness the two lads are pleased for us but it still felt going walking through the office door this morning. 8-)

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:17 am

I work in North shields with a mixture of Mags, Mackems and even one smoggie and they are all genuinely pleased for us. There's a couple of Gatehead fans due in in the morning, I spoke to them both after the match and they both wished us lgood luck, one of them is actually coming to Wembley just for the day out and will be supporting us.

Christophano

What Was It Like

Post by Christophano » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:00 am

jazzydfc wrote:one of them is actually coming to Wembley just for the day out and will be supporting us.
Fair play to him. Had Gateshead won I would have wished them luck too and, as I would probably have gone to London anyway, I would have cheered them on.

Most of the folks at my work seem to be Darlo fans (at least the ones who talk about football!) but it's good to see the buzz around town and even the plastic premiership fans are planning on coming down to cheer us on.

AlanSprouts

Post by AlanSprouts » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:42 am

Fooking brilliant.
My boss a Mags supporting Geordie tosser asked me the result on Sunday morning. When I told him 0-0 and Darlo are going to Wembley all he said was "Bastards". SWEET.
To be fair to the twat he did say it was ok to have the 7th off!

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Was great, one of the lads is a Hartlepool fan, couldn't help asking for the directions to Wembley followed by oh you wouldnt no you aint been before