Why are some talking about releasing Chris Senior ?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DEEJAY
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Why are some talking about releasing Chris Senior ?

Post by DEEJAY » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:13 am

sorry but hes s***.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:22 am

moodymonica wrote:Wages? - Didnt Cooper complain at the start of the season when there were a couple of players in the stands (Wright ibeing one of them) saying that they were more than a third of the wages

As for Senior if we are to make a run at the promotion next season I dont think Senior is the person to get us there. In Senior's defence it always amazes me when he is thrown on that we seem to knock the high ball in his direction!!
I do believe Wright is a high earner, i was just a bit confused as to the use of the word liability, which to me meant he was getting up to no good behind the scenes, cheers for clearing that up.

I think i can probably count on one hand the amount of times Senior has been played in a front 2 which is from what i've seen where his strengths lie - feeding off a big man and finding gaps in the opposition defence, most of which at this level are slow and cumbersome.

moodymonica

Post by moodymonica » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:33 am

Senior getting injured when he did has probably worked against him.
Personally I would like to see Campbell work with Hatch to get an understanding of the way each other plays. By what I have seen Campbell looks like he knows how to finish, Senior altho has scored goals for other 'worse' teams than us for whatever reason might not come off for him. I can see Altrincham trying to get him back at the end of the year.

I dont think Micky Smith is the answer either in that ok his goals ratio is good but he doesnt inspire you into thinking he will turnt he game in our favour, whereas Hatch gives more than just goals, he defends from the front, throws his body on the line for the team and then you look over and see Smith stood about doing nowt and it must frustrate the hell out of Hatch.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:47 pm

moodymonica wrote:Senior getting injured when he did has probably worked against him.
Personally I would like to see Campbell work with Hatch to get an understanding of the way each other plays. By what I have seen Campbell looks like he knows how to finish, Senior altho has scored goals for other 'worse' teams than us for whatever reason might not come off for him. I can see Altrincham trying to get him back at the end of the year.

I dont think Micky Smith is the answer either in that ok his goals ratio is good but he doesnt inspire you into thinking he will turnt he game in our favour, whereas Hatch gives more than just goals, he defends from the front, throws his body on the line for the team and then you look over and see Smith stood about doing nowt and it must frustrate the hell out of Hatch.
I see no reason why Smith, with a bit of fire in his belly can't be like Hatch. It all boils down to finance really and how long we can keep these young lads until we think they've reached their potential. Smith has looked to get better over the course of the season but sometime tough decisions need to be made with all players - he'll get another year at least tho.

Santino

Post by Santino » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:29 pm

Every time Senior comes on we end up just hoofing it aimlessly, even more so than when we have big lads like Hatch and Smith up front strangely. If we were playing to Senior's strengths and he wasn't performing I'd say fair enough but it's a bit harsh to write him off as s*** when we're lumping balls high into the air and he's a midget.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:49 pm

Santino wrote:Every time Senior comes on we end up just hoofing it aimlessly, even more so than when we have big lads like Hatch and Smith up front strangely. If we were playing to Senior's strengths and he wasn't performing I'd say fair enough but it's a bit harsh to write him off as s*** when we're lumping balls high into the air and he's a midget.
The reason we do it is because he's normally brought on when we need a goal and he normally comes on for a midfielder which means the full backs can't push on as much as they don't have the extra protection from that midfielder and there's no real outlet as the midfield 3 is flat and narrow. If we do try and push the full backs up to try and get some width we see what happened vs Altrincham where they hit us on the break 3 times in the last 10 mins and eventually scored.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:09 pm

divas wrote:
moodymonica wrote:Senior getting injured when he did has probably worked against him.

Beginning to sound like Smith's dad, but can't believe anyone thinks he is not worth another contract. It's his first full season, and he's shown promise. No, he doesn't tear around the pitch, chasing every lost cause like Hatch, but then how many other forwards in this league do? I can't remember many. To say he stands about doing nothing is wrong. I've seen him track back on numerous occasions this season. We moan about lack of goalscorers among our strikers, then in slagging him off use the phrase "ok, his goals ratio is good". As he matures, he may become another Hatch - he may become another Peter Crouch, who despite not being the most physical of forwards, has still carved out a pretty good career. Bet you moaned that David Currie wasn't like Ron Ferguson (and no Michael Smith is not being compared to David Currie, no-one could be). Like I've said before, he's learning in our first team, due to no reserves. He's a product of Liddle's youth setup. He has a good touch, holds the ball up well, and brings others in. In youth football, he won't have been expected to batter Centre Halves into submission. Cut him some slack.

aveda

Post by aveda » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Agreed HCC

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:22 pm

Currie was decidedly average in his first season and still got 12 goals. Smith is worth keeping without a doubt.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:28 pm

It seems to me that the consensus is that Senior is decent, but thatvas he doesn't seem to be Cooper's cup of teat it is likely he will be released, rather than the majority thinking he should be released.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

aveda

Post by aveda » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:29 pm

I can't decide if Senior is a Duffield or a Blundell, or somehere between the two.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:33 pm

He's a definite Blundell.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

quakermass

Post by quakermass » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:34 pm

Bottom half of the blue square is probs Seniors level. He's semi decent in patches but if we're to push for a play off spot next season I'd get rid. He seems to have shrunk in size second half of the season, and just runs around without looking like scoring.
Get shot of Wright if poss and keep the other forwards. Hopefully Cooper doesn't persist with playing Hatch and loverboy Smith upfront together as we look awful when they play together.
Onwards and upwards.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Quakerz wrote:He's a definite Blundell.
He has been recently. Before his injury he was a Duffield.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Spyman wrote:It seems to me that the consensus is that Senior is decent, but thatvas he doesn't seem to be Cooper's cup of teat it is likely he will be released, rather than the majority thinking he should be released.
:o

divas

Post by divas » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:36 pm

loan_star wrote:
Spyman wrote:It seems to me that the consensus is that Senior is decent, but thatvas he doesn't seem to be Cooper's cup of teat it is likely he will be released, rather than the majority thinking he should be released.
Bitty?!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:59 pm

loan_star wrote:
I'm wearing plaster on my finger and so am typing like a spacca tonight. You'll have to put up with it.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:
I'm wearing plaster on my finger and so am typing like a spacca tonight. You'll have to put up with it.

'Tonight', you've been fucking up all day!