Tommy Wright

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tommy Wright

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:13 am

A swallow doesn't make a summer and all that. I still think he's behind Campbell in the pecking order to play alongside Hatch at Wembley. Unless he has a stella end to the season, I'd still expect us to try and offload him in the summer.

Spyman

Re: Re: Tommy Wright

Post by Spyman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:31 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Unless he has a stella end to the season
Ha! I think that's more than likely, if rumours are to be believed.
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:48 am

Not sure what rumours you've heard Spyman, but what I've heard is that since Tommy got married he's rarely seen down town!

Markodarlo

Tommy Wright

Post by Markodarlo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:12 am

Maybe MC is getting Tommy ready for Wembley, there is a possibility Hatch could have to play CB as I am lead to believe that Burn is not a certainty for Wembley?

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:59 pm

Lets get things in perspective. Yes, Tommy scored, but for the vast majority of this game, York bossed it. I don't think he caused their centre halves that much problem, and the goal he scored owed more to Hatch attacking his header than Wright, who couldn't miss. We've all got a soft spot for Tommy, but he isn't, and never will be, the player he was before his injuries. For his wages, their will be better available in the close season. He's done ok in a game and a half this week, and fair play to him for knuckling down.

We got out of jail today, with one bit of quality from Moore, a once in a lifetime volley for a centre half, and three very good stops from Russell. It could easily have been a much different story - Russell shouldn't have been given a chance with at least two of the headers. The win papered over the fact York were a better team than us for most of the game, and will definately be up there next season. A few people seem to think that, once Crawley have gone, next year will be a picnic. I bet Luton thought their second season would be a cakewalk as well, and I've a feeling we'll be seeing them again next year. We need better than the likes of Tommy next season, or we'll be, Hodgy like, rattling around 7th or 8th again.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:03 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Lets get things in perspective. Yes, Tommy scored, but for the vast majority of this game, York bossed it. I don't think he caused their centre halves that much problem, and the goal he scored owed more to Hatch attacking his header than Wright, who couldn't miss. We've all got a soft spot for Tommy, but he isn't, and never will be, the player he was before his injuries. For his wages, their will be better available in the close season. He's done ok in a game and a half this week, and fair play to him for knuckling down.

We got out of jail today, with one bit of quality from Moore, a once in a lifetime volley for a centre half, and three very good stops from Russell. It could easily have been a much different story - Russell shouldn't have been given a chance with at least two of the headers. The win papered over the fact York were a better team than us for most of the game, and will definately be up there next season. A few people seem to think that, once Crawley have gone, next year will be a picnic. I bet Luton thought their second season would be a cakewalk as well, and I've a feeling we'll be seeing them again next year. We need better than the likes of Tommy next season, or we'll be, Hodgy like, rattling around 7th or 8th again.
But also remember Inghams early wonder save from Terry, and Chandlers near miss off the 'almost' own goal. We could've scored more than we did too.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:17 pm

[But also remember Inghams early wonder save from Terry, and Chandlers near miss off the 'almost' own goal. We could've scored more than we did too.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk[/quote]

Forgot Terry's header, it came that early on. Apart from that, and the Wright goal, we didn't look like creating anything. York looked capable of stringing a few passes together all game.

It was a gritty win. However, without changes, I would back York to finish above us next season.

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:47 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Lets get things in perspective. Yes, Tommy scored, but for the vast majority of this game, York bossed it. I don't think he caused their centre halves that much problem, and the goal he scored owed more to Hatch attacking his header than Wright, who couldn't miss. We've all got a soft spot for Tommy, but he isn't, and never will be, the player he was before his injuries. For his wages, their will be better available in the close season. He's done ok in a game and a half this week, and fair play to him for knuckling down.

yeah lets get things in perspective, Tommy starting has resulted in 8 wins from 12, with 3 draws and ONLY 1 LOSS . If that is hodgey like in your eyes I am happy to also view it.

M i Sh

Post by M i Sh » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:27 pm

walshys_wingman_11 wrote: yeah lets get things in perspective, Tommy starting has resulted in 8 wins from 12, with 3 draws and ONLY 1 LOSS . If that is hodgey like in your eyes I am happy to also view it.
a more famous football dude said....

Statistics are like mini-skirts .. they give you good ideas but hide the most important parts

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Was really pleased to see Tommy get a goal yesterday. Doesn't seem right that he's been out of the cold behind Modest and Smith for so long. Hope he's involved in the last two games and can stake his claim as I'd trust him in to do the business for us at Wembley over any of the strikers (apart from The HITMAN).