Its been 8 games...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlog
Team Supported: Darlington

Its been 8 games...

Post by darlog » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Already everybodys talking/moaning about....

- Sacking Todd
- Raj to sell
- We're going down

Its a bit embarassing for the people posting really, I know some have you been "watching the game for 40 years" and you "know so much" apparently, but you really need to take a step back. WE ARE ONLY THREE POINTS OFF the two teams above us, yes we haven't had a league win but I'm sure we will.

Honestly what were you expecting? A good season cause i certainly am not, we are looking at 22nd place and thats it,any higher is a bonus. Its like an angry mob on here without fire and axes, but a computer keyboard, bad grammer, bad spelling and some very simple and stupid thoughts and your weapons.

Come on You can express your thoughts but this message board has just been filled with different threads saying the same things.

After all its a sunday get out of the house!

comeondarlo

Re: Its been 8 games...

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:06 pm

1st post, did you go yesterday?

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:10 pm

darlog wrote:we are looking at 22nd place and thats it
But we're not though are we? We're looking like being stone dead last at the moment.

Friday night's game at Accrington Stanley is crucial now. Get beat there and we've set the tone for the rest of the season. I wasn't expecting a fantastic season and was expecting to get beat more than we would win.

Even the early strugglers bar Grimsby Town are starting to create a bit of a gap.

darlog

Post by darlog » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:17 pm

"1st post" - a little predictable

No was unfortunate to go yesterday (or fortunate depending how you look at it) but have been to every home game and i will be there at accrington, what does this have to do with it?

I am stating like otehrs on here that we need to support the team, look how wel they played against Cheltenham when we did, we were all over them. Those last fifteen minutes when the fans were game was the best the players have played also, thats all.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:29 pm

'"1st post" - a little predictable'

No, I'm interested.
Is it your 1st post or are you using a different username?

Two weeks ago I would have fully supported your comments but yesterday was so bad.

I fully expected a very bad season but not yesterdays bad though

darlog

Post by darlog » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:33 pm

No first post on the new site, trying not to get invloved but the hate is getting a little too much.

Read "10 games" thread good statement.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:24 pm

I can't see where we are going to get our first win though, we've scored 2 goals in the league, probably the least out of the 92 clubs. Can you really see how we are going to improve because right now I can't. We come alive for about 15-20 minutes at the end of the second half, for the rest of the game the team is half asleep, especially the first 45. I wonder how many chances we've actually created in the first half of our league games this season. I've been to every one and can probably count on one hand.
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Santino

Post by Santino » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:46 pm

darlog wrote:bad grammer
grammar*

Everyone here knew we were in for a season of struggle, but we're not struggling at the moment, because "struggle" suggests some sort of a fight.

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:51 pm

We were shite on saturday against Lincoln. But it can't be a coincidence that our worst spell of the game came when the fans started turning on the players

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:19 pm

darlog wrote:"1st post" - a little predictable

No was unfortunate to go yesterday (or fortunate depending how you look at it) but have been to every home game and i will be there at accrington, what does this have to do with it?
A lot. Its more than a coinsidence that everyone having a go at us so called "moaners" are the ones that haven't seen our worst displays this season. To be fair even if I'd just seen our home performances I'd still be far from happy. I didn't do Aldershot either, so I can only imagine how the 100% atendees must feel!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:43 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
The so called supporters who boo the team etc on a match day really piss me off. Has happened at the Arena a few times already this season - particularly in the West Stand. We go to SUPPORT OUR team and not boo them. Yeah we are all disappointed at the minute but I'd like to think there's no one more disappointed than the set of players and manager who are out there losing week in week out.

We need to get behind the team. Booing the team whether it be throughout the game or at the end is no good for anyone. We've not got a lot to cheer about at the minute but I personally think we will get our first win at home to Bournemouth. You will call me mad but that's where I reckon our first win will come but this will come after a 2-0 defeat at Accrington!
I have nothing against booing at the end of the match if the players have deserved it by not putting in the required effort. During the game/half-time is a different matter and can't help the team, although I can understand why some do it.