food at wemblry

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo8
Team Supported: Darlington

food at wemblry

Post by darlo8 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:41 am

just to let everyone know the food in the stadium is vastly overpiced £7.50 for a hotdog last time i was there (robbing b#s#ar*s) so fill up before you go in

yandarlobhoy

Re: food at wemblry

Post by yandarlobhoy » Fri May 06, 2011 8:52 am

probably a stupid question but are you allowed to take your own food in. ie sarnies soft drinks etc . Not sure how they can stop you.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:57 am

If I were you I would take your own food if you are watching the pennies - stopping at the services on the way and the way back and eating at Wembley will be an expensive day. I'm off to the pound shop this afters to stock up - I know I'm sad - but I graft hard for whatever money I earn and am not letting these overpriced rip off merchants cash in on me hard earned dosh. The only thing I will be buying when I get there is beers and lots of them!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Fri May 06, 2011 9:13 am

When I was there last year everyone was searched and any drinks or food was removed

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri May 06, 2011 9:32 am

Just eat at the Green Man, they're putting a BBQ on for us
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri May 06, 2011 10:50 am

quakersam wrote:Just eat at the Green Man, they're putting a BBQ on for us
Any idea on the prices at the Green Man for food and Drink mate?

Bizza
Team Supported: Darlo, Newcastle United

Post by Bizza » Fri May 06, 2011 11:05 am

jazzydfc wrote:When I was there last year everyone was searched and any drinks or food was removed
Fuck, there goes my plan of taking some scran in.
"The Darlo fans away to our left go ballistic!"

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Fri May 06, 2011 11:27 am

were taking some food down but they have a 2 for £10 meals on in the green man.
http://www.thegreenmanhotelatwembley.co.uk/food.htm

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri May 06, 2011 11:32 am

What time dya leave?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri May 06, 2011 11:36 am

With any luck, you should be at Wembley by say 12.30/1ish at the latest.

yandarlobhoy

Post by yandarlobhoy » Fri May 06, 2011 11:52 am

if no food allowed to be taken into the stadium. there goes the jam butties.Joking aside
unfotunately i have a medical condtion that requires small intakes of food on a regular basis.as its likely to be some time between eating at lunch and probably not having enough time to stop for food after the game before catching the 7pm train. having planned my day based on the fact of having a small amount of food with me. surely i cant be expected to by hot dogs or pies to keep me going till 7pm. and then chance curled up sandwiches been available on the train. would appreciate any advice

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Fri May 06, 2011 12:16 pm

You'd probably get away with a small amount of crisps or chocolate, just don't pack a four course picnic, I'm only going off what happened at the NFL game last year, the guy in front of me had a standard size bottle of water and a sandwich pack both were taken off him and when he complained the steward pointed at the board that said "no food or drink to be brought in".

connor2k7ovdarlo

Post by connor2k7ovdarlo » Fri May 06, 2011 1:05 pm

jazzydfc wrote:You'd probably get away with a small amount of crisps or chocolate, just don't pack a four course picnic, I'm only going off what happened at the NFL game last year, the guy in front of me had a standard size bottle of water and a sandwich pack both were taken off him and when he complained the steward pointed at the board that said "no food or drink to be brought in".
Don't see what harm water does really, surely some human rights law prevents them taking water :lol:
><
X

JABWootton

Post by JABWootton » Fri May 06, 2011 1:38 pm

When you get into the stadium through the electronic gates, security is there to do a search on you and to ask if you have any food or drink.

They even searched my 8 year old son and told him he had to drink or bin his plastic bottle of water and to finish off his bag of haribo's.

Food and drink MUST be consumed BEFORE security let you past.

You will see the handily placed bins either side of security in which to place your unwanted food and bottles.

The only food that can be eaten is that which is purchased from the kiosks whch as stated is very pricey.

Last time i was there a coke was £5 and Hot Dog was £8-50

yandarlobhoy

Post by yandarlobhoy » Fri May 06, 2011 2:13 pm

If this is the case regarding no food or water can be taken into the stadium. as i cant eat hot dogs or drink coke. as i need small amount of food and water for medical reasons. surely this is a basic human right. after planning my day to allow for regular intake of small amount of food and water. it now sounds that my whole day is in doubt

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri May 06, 2011 2:37 pm

yandarlobhoy wrote:If this is the case regarding no food or water can be taken into the stadium. as i cant eat hot dogs or drink coke. as i need small amount of food and water for medical reasons. surely this is a basic human right. after planning my day to allow for regular intake of small amount of food and water. it now sounds that my whole day is in doubt
Calm down! Just go to one of the stewards and let them know your condition, I'm sure they'll be fine.

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Fri May 06, 2011 2:38 pm

yandarlobhoy wrote:If this is the case regarding no food or water can be taken into the stadium. as i cant eat hot dogs or drink coke. as i need small amount of food and water for medical reasons. surely this is a basic human right. after planning my day to allow for regular intake of small amount of food and water. it now sounds that my whole day is in doubt
If you can in any way prove your medical need then you could be ok, try phoning Wembley and explaining the situation

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri May 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Few words from Steve Foster;
Steve Foster wrote:"I know we are outnumbering them and hopefully we will out sing them and it will be a good day for the fans.

"It's important we perform, put on a show and win it for them and make it special."

Foster could well have been lining up for the opposition had things turned out differently. He only left the Quakers at the end of last season to return to his hometown club.

"It's funny how it comes around," Foster added. "I was playing for Darlington for the last two-and-a-half years and I leave them (sic) and find myself playing in a final against them.

"I've still got friends there so have wished them all the best, but probably don't really mean it and we'll go to try to win the game!"

DL5

Post by DL5 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:27 pm

From the wembley stadium website

Can I bring my own food and drink to Wembley Stadium?

Visitors are allowed to bring small quantities of food for personal use only. Food must be in disposable packaging, and in a small bag/rucksack.
Bottles and cans are not permitted into the stadium.
No alcohol is permitted into the stadium.

So I take it that you can take sarnies/crisps etc in a plastic bag or rucksack and maybe cartons of juice?

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Fri May 06, 2011 3:30 pm

DL5 wrote:From the wembley stadium website

Visitors are allowed to bring small quantities of food for personal use only. Food must be in disposable packaging, and in a small bag/rucksack.

So I take it that you can take sarnies/crisps etc in a plastic bag or rucksack and maybe cartons of juice?
It's great that it's on the website but has anyone told the stewards, as they were definately taking food and drink off people last time I was there.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri May 06, 2011 3:31 pm

AndyPark wrote:
quakersam wrote:Just eat at the Green Man, they're putting a BBQ on for us
Any idea on the prices at the Green Man for food and Drink mate?
Not a clue mate. They said that when Wembley holds a big event, bar meals are usually replaced by a BBQ. Sun, BBQ and a nice Magners before the game, can't go wrong
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

sloth2

Post by sloth2 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:33 pm

jazzydfc wrote:
DL5 wrote:From the wembley stadium website

It's great that it's on the website but has anyone told the stewards, as they were definately taking food and drink off people last time I was there.
Print the regulations and then tell the steward to fuck off

:mrgreen:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri May 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Sounds ideal to me :thumbup:

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Fri May 06, 2011 3:47 pm

was just looking at the site. hot dogs £4.20 fish and chips £7.60 not a chance.
just been to the butchers got some pies and made some sarnies. have them in the beer garden in green man.maybe get something off the bbq .save some money for the beer.

darlotoon

Post by darlotoon » Fri May 06, 2011 4:08 pm

quakerray wrote:was just looking at the site. hot dogs £4.20 fish and chips £7.60 not a chance.
just been to the butchers got some pies and made some sarnies. have them in the beer garden in green man.maybe get something off the bbq .save some money for the beer.

Lol , a pint is only 10p more than a hotdog , they want to be some hotdogs !!

Christophano

food at wemblry

Post by Christophano » Fri May 06, 2011 7:39 pm

goldensyrup wrote:staying overnight in Hilton hotel and have breakfast thrown in so I intend along with family and others of scoffing until it comes out our ears, I might even make a couple of bacon butties for the journey to the stadium.
Yeah, my hotel has a good breakfast, so I'll be filling my boots, but the BBQ at the Green Man looks tempting.
I won't be buying any of the overpriced food from Wembley on principle (I was raised by very strict stingy parents).