Absolute Garbage Tonite In More Ways Than 1

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

crusher
Team Supported: Darlington

Absolute Garbage Tonite In More Ways Than 1

Post by crusher » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:30 pm

well where to start,outnumbered 3-1 fan wise, staffing at the ground was an embarrasment with queing at ridiculous levels causing us to lose more income, but hey we have suffered this for seasons, now to the pathetic performances on the pitch.Whilst I am obviously grateful we still have a club, the performance tonite was nothing short of abysmal.
Granted the mackems had a strong team out, but if james is signed on we really are going to struggle he was crap before and hes still crap now, what the hell he was doing for the 4th goal well only he knows.
Knight was atrocious at gifting the mackems a goal and contributed to thinking he isnt a good keeper.
Overall I fear for the season to come, the players gifted sunderland most of there goals and teams like Leeds will murder us, unless he can bring some others in on season long loans we will have a season full of optimism wiped out very very quickly.
I know its only a freindly but I saw too much tonite to see us do anything but struggle this season, i hope im wrong but I think I may well be proved right, poor toddy has his work cut out. :(

willphil
Team Supported: Darlington FC, Cas Tigers RLFC

Re: Absolute Garbage Tonite In More Ways Than 1

Post by willphil » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:55 pm

crusher wrote:well where to start,outnumbered 3-1 fan wise, staffing at the ground was an embarrasment with queing at ridiculous levels causing us to lose more income, but hey we have suffered this for seasons, now to the pathetic performances on the pitch.Whilst I am obviously grateful we still have a club, the performance tonite was nothing short of abysmal.
Granted the mackems had a strong team out, but if james is signed on we really are going to struggle he was crap before and hes still crap now, what the hell he was doing for the 4th goal well only he knows.
Knight was atrocious at gifting the mackems a goal and contributed to thinking he isnt a good keeper.
Overall I fear for the season to come, the players gifted sunderland most of there goals and teams like Leeds will murder us, unless he can bring some others in on season long loans we will have a season full of optimism wiped out very very quickly.
I know its only a freindly but I saw too much tonite to see us do anything but struggle this season, i hope im wrong but I think I may well be proved right, poor toddy has his work cut out. :(
1st, Sunderland are a premiership team
2nd, we wont be playing Leeds in the league, yes they would murder us they have a very healthy forward line

i expect to be playing teams like Accy, Bradford, Chesterfield and Dagenham

d5rlo

Post by d5rlo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:01 pm

We are playing Leeds in the Carling Cup though...

We didn't pose any attacking threat tonight but we had some good possession and competed well enough. The main problem was the defence; Miller and Plummer played quite well as individuals but there was no partnership there. Starosta had a mare (having looked good at Billingham) and James is just shite. However they're going to take time to gel and they won't come up against teams as good as that most weeks.

Off the pitch was a disgrace though. The parking was ridiculous. They must have made a last minute decision to let Sunderland fans park at the stadium despite earlier saying they couldn't. We had a ticket for the red car park but had to queue up and go 'wherever we could' and nearly missed kick off despite setting off in plenty of time. And that's with a 5,800 crowd, it'll probably be worse on Saturday.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:06 pm

We didn't do too badly in the first half. Sunderland didn't really get behind us too many times and mainly had long range shots. The two goals we conceded came from silly mistakes. Starosta gave away possesion and then the shot / cross got deflected past Knight. The second was obviously Knight's fault.

Sunderland did have a lot of possesion but I felt they started to use it a bit better in the second half. When we got the chance to played some decent stuff. Windass and Thorpe linked up well at times and I thought Lumsdon did alright as well.

Sunderland deserved their win, I am sure they can and will get sharper over time. As for us people just have to remember we were playing a very strong Sunderland side and save for two silly mistakes we competed with them and limited them during the opening forty-five minutes. The two mistakes were daft but up until that we were doing okay.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:11 pm

A 4-0 fucking is a 4-0 fucking and we'll do well to remember that wouldn't have been Sunderland's strongest line up and they'll have been cruising. How did Doninger, Arnison etc do?

I think we are going to need those two and also Franks and Waghorn!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

aveda

Post by aveda » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Friendlies mean absolutely fuck all and the way teams play pre-season has no impact whatsoever on how they play once the season starts. Predicting that we'll be rubbish on the basis of the Sunderland game is as stupid as predicting that we'll do great on the basis of the Billingham game. I never go to friendlies for the very reason that they are a training exercise and are meaningless.

d5rlo

Post by d5rlo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:19 pm

Quakerz wrote:A 4-0 fucking is a 4-0 fucking and we'll do well to remember that wouldn't have been Sunderland's strongest line up and they'll have been cruising. How did Doninger, Arnison etc do?

I think we are going to need those two and also Franks and Waghorn!
It was Sunderland's strongest side, minus Kenwyne Jones who was in the stand, and judging by some of the tackles going in they were not cruising, certainly not until the third went in. They were considerably better but three of the four goals were down to elementry mistakes.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Sunderland's side: Carson; Bardsley, McCartney, Ferdinand, Collins; Malbranque, Reid, Leadbitter, Richardson, Henderson; Healy.

ysj_quaker

Post by ysj_quaker » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Tonight Sunderland played a team that will beat some teams in the premiership next season, the fact they beat us shouldn't be suprising or a worry to us. Granted I wasn't at the game and can't comment on the performence itself but the last time we played Sunderland at home in a friendly I remember they beat us comfortably and we did ok that season! End of the day its a pre-season friendly and it isn't the end of the world that we got beat and no point been negative yet!

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:53 am

It was a pre season friendly set up to bring in some much needed cash for the club, add to it the Newcastl game and in the space of 2 days theres 10000+ paying fans coming through the turnstiles, as for off the pitch, people still need to realise we are still in admin, we dont have the staff numbers we had before, which wont be to much of a problem when were getting 2500-3000 a game

AlanSprouts

Post by AlanSprouts » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:10 am

Good first post crusher. Really positive. You are just the sort of fan our club needs. FFS man it was a pre-season game. The mackems were always gonna outnumber us.(Prem team and allthat) Same on the pitch. How long has our team been a team? Four weeks at most. So up against a better class team who have been together for years. Just what did you expect?
Yes the bars and car parks etc was a bit of a shambles. But hey when the crowds are at normal levels it should be better.
Thanks for turning up. Now go for a reality check! :P

inappropriateh

Post by inappropriateh » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:43 am

Top post sprouts and even better animation. Exactly how I feel today after returning from sunny Turkey.

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:11 am

Anybody know who the striker was who came on for Windass?

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:22 am

Jimmy wrote:Anybody know who the striker was who came on for Windass?
dan riley i think

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:41 am

Jimmy wrote:Anybody know who the striker was who came on for Windass?
Josh Gray - according to the Journal

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:43 am

ahh so who was the lad on the left then? i take it that must have been doninger, altho he had dark hair?!?!?

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:55 am

James Bennett? Doninger is ginger
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:10 am

quakersam wrote:James Bennett? Doninger is ginger
bennett came on for gary smith, im 100% sure of that, papers are reporting jeff smith didnt come off, so maybe i was mistaken.

Bones

Post by Bones » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:33 pm

Crusher were lucky to be alive as a club,how dare you have ago at this stage you really are pathetic,get real man