Who Did You Ring/Text First

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mullet69
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Mullet69 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Just been shown my texts to the missus throughout yesterday. Sent one saying "3 mins til pennos, not confident"

Followed by..

"YES YES YES FUCKING YES"

Despite not being a Darlo fan, she knew enough to know that it definitely wasn't going to penalties.

My next text after that was a photo of the scoreboard - sent to a vast proportion of my phonebook.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

AIDO

Re: Who Did You Ring/Text First

Post by AIDO » Sun May 08, 2011 9:04 pm

My bruv (a season ticket holder) who was in the middle of his speech at his daughters wedding .... :think:

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Sun May 08, 2011 9:09 pm

I rang my better half.
She asked me if I'd phoned my Dad first!

I'm not sure she understood what I said as I'd pretty much screamed myself hoarse.

I also have no idea how to spell that!

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun May 08, 2011 9:11 pm

my iphone went flat 5 minutes into the game. mainly because I had been updating my twitter and facebook since leaving Darlo station. Wouldnt care, was gonna take my charger for the train but thought wembley might confiscate it. Bugger

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun May 08, 2011 9:16 pm

"It just doesn't happen to Darlington"

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

darlodavid117

Post by darlodavid117 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:37 pm

My mrs rang me and asked me if i had had loads to drink and if i cud drive the motor back home. I screamed down the phone we just won the trophy YESSSSS! Then followed by i'll call u later!! :lol:

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sun May 08, 2011 9:43 pm

I answered a phonecall from my Mam who started ringing during the build up to the goal, my phone was ringing throughout the celebrations, she rang back after full time so she got a lot of noisey celebrations and me shouting "WE'VE WON!!!!! GET IN!!!!!" :D

oldboyaughton
Team Supported: Darlington/DCC

Post by oldboyaughton » Sun May 08, 2011 9:45 pm

My good friend Charlie from Donny was out on the drink on Friday afternoon before he had a Friday night in Redcar before there last game at Mboro and his last word of encouragement was beat them scab bastards, so the first text was get in there just beat them scab bastards.
"Just Who Is The 5 O'clock Hero?"

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun May 08, 2011 9:52 pm

The Mrs rung me and I was going bloody crazy and screamed I'LL RING YOU WHEN I AM IN KINGS CROSS. DARLO JUST SCORED AND NOW WON. YES YES, FUCKING YES. LOVE YOU.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun May 08, 2011 9:57 pm

AIDO wrote:My bruv (a season ticket holder) who was in the middle of his speech at his daughters wedding .... :think:
Think that'll be the thread winner! Was it the same wedding Beatroute 66 was at?

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sun May 08, 2011 10:25 pm

uncovered wrote:my iphone went flat 5 minutes into the game. mainly because I had been updating my twitter and facebook since leaving Darlo station. Wouldnt care, was gonna take my charger for the train but thought wembley might confiscate it. Bugger
Is THAT why the banner wasn't updating? :lol:

I'm one to talk, my phone was pretty much dead before I was on the train home - and I brought a charger with me!
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun May 08, 2011 10:34 pm

mikkyx wrote:
uncovered wrote:my iphone went flat 5 minutes into the game. mainly because I had been updating my twitter and facebook since leaving Darlo station. Wouldnt care, was gonna take my charger for the train but thought wembley might confiscate it. Bugger
Is THAT why the banner wasn't updating? :lol:

I'm one to talk, my phone was pretty much dead before I was on the train home - and I brought a charger with me!
Aye, started livematch and phone then went, just though bugger it, everybodies here anyway. Apologies to those who weren't but exceptional circumstances!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sun May 08, 2011 10:36 pm

I thought it was just the mobile signal - trying to get Tweets and pictures out of that place was bloody horrid.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun May 08, 2011 10:55 pm

mikkyx wrote:I thought it was just the mobile signal - trying to get Tweets and pictures out of that place was bloody horrid.
That's where my battery life went, took an age to upload a couple of photos and it zapped my phone. Never mind. I hope the iPhone 4/5 has a more powerful battery. Missed a phonecall from the sunday sun go an interview too, u know what a media whore I am! Gutted ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botrash

Post by botrash » Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 am

My first text was "Seeeeeeniiiiiiioooooooor", sent to mikkyx to wind him up some more :wave:

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Mon May 09, 2011 8:24 am

My Gateshead supporting mates who were in block 115, something about the size of the smile on my face, then got a text from my wife wishing she could have been there.

sloth2

Post by sloth2 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:36 am

My Grandfather, it was around 2:30am his time
:mrgreen:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon May 09, 2011 8:38 am

Spencer (Gloryhunter) who left at half time to dash across London to the thrilling 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LOYALFaN

Post by LOYALFaN » Mon May 09, 2011 12:02 pm

My brother was ringing me all the way through extra time and i was saying, two mins to pens. etc then he rang again just after senior scorred and i hung up because i couldnt
hear him at all, BEST DAY IN MY LIFE!!!

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Mon May 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Spyman wrote:Spencer (Gloryhunter) who left at half time to dash across London to the thrilling 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane.
Epic Epic EPIC FAIL by Spencer there.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon May 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Must be something about Wembley cos I had my phone on charge all morning and it was showing full charge before going in. It went to sleep before half time and I needed it to phone the missus to pick me up from the train later so couldn't use it.
Got a few texts but didn't risk responding.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 12, 2011 11:03 pm

Spyman wrote:Spencer (Gloryhunter) who left at half time to dash across London to the thrilling 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane.
I'm surprised DC didn't go with him. :D

I was going international with my texts, as I was keeping DarloSwede informed of what was going on, as he couldn't make it over for the game.

darlopaul

Post by darlopaul » Thu May 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Rang the wife just after full time. Can't remember exactly what I said but apparently is was along the lines of "yES. WE'VE FUCKING DONE IT. WE'VE FUCKING DONE IT".

She told me that she had been listening to Ray's commentary and was so nervous by the end that she had to put her brush down as she might have made a mistake with the painting.

What a result. Darlo win at Wembley. Wife finishes the painting.

Nice!

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri May 13, 2011 11:14 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
I'm surprised DC didn't go with him. :D

I was going international with my texts, as I was keeping DarloSwede informed of what was going on, as he couldn't make it over for the game.
You tight git!! :lol:

You might at least have phoned him - on a day like that!! :clap:

Tinshedexile

Post by Tinshedexile » Sat May 14, 2011 8:05 pm

My father in Law, a big Huddersfield Town fan.
His second team is now Darlo after I managed to drag him to a couple of away games in Yorkshire.

BTW - Good luck to Huddersfield in the play-offs. :)

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat May 14, 2011 8:39 pm

My big bruv (Aido repeats himself yet again) ... It was his daughters wedding. He is a season ticket holder and I txted him and phoned him as the goal went in .... It made a great finale to his speech .... :clap: Well done bruv !