It's grim up north-not!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

don'tbuythesun
Team Supported: Darlington

It's grim up north-not!

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon May 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Well, what can I say? 9 of us in two cars and 6 had never been to a darlo game before! Left Merseyside and drove through rain with Super Bock and Stella making the rounds. All we saw at the services were mansfield and more mansfield with a scattering of darlo-all frindly stuff and we said hello to Leeds, Port vale, Blackpool and Forest. Standing on Wembley Way seemed like Darlo were all in the pub but we had great banter with mansfield. Up to the ground and a bit of bother with mansfield's Elvis trying to calm it down-I went in to make sure he was okay and the "old bill" were pushing lads away. What a game! Our 6 new boys were fanatical, standing and singing throughout. Afterwards someone had taken a bit of a pasting, bleeding and a ripped shirt-hope he was okay? Said goodbye to Darlo Pete and some of ours who were out in London and drove home-in the pub for 11 and had to explain where we'd been despite the shirts. We're the Merseyside fans who have won a trophy at the new wembley, by the way. Oh and Blackburn said well done!

Darlo_Pete

Re: It's grim up north-not!

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 09, 2011 6:07 pm

It was really great to see you on Wembley Way after the game Sid. I know you've followed us through thin and thinner and days like Saturday don't come round that often, especially when you follow Darlo. But its amazing that despite all those bad days, it seemed to make Saturday even more special. I hope than the 6 new Darlo fans were pleased at the standard of footie on display. You find it hard to believe that it was the same team that had played so poorly at Southport, although admittedly with a few changes.

Quaker Kopite

Post by Quaker Kopite » Mon May 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Add the five I had from Liverpool makes it 14 from Merseyside - we should have hired a minibus.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue May 10, 2011 12:30 pm

except that 5 of them stayed! Did you have a good day?

Quaker Kopite

Post by Quaker Kopite » Wed May 11, 2011 8:22 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:except that 5 of them stayed! Did you have a good day?
Have only just started to come back down to earth!!
Absolute brilliant day, there and back on the day, shattered on Sunday but can only think about the day positively.
I have never felt like that at a football match in my life.
Look forward to meeting up and reminising.