Knight

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PDL23
Team Supported: Darlington

Knight

Post by PDL23 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:35 am

Oh dear oh dear. Last night was the first pre season I have been to and i pray that he is not normally that bad!

TinShedDarloFan

Re: Knight

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:40 am

Cant of seen Boro taking much interest in him if he is a bad keeper, if i remember rightly the other pre season sam russell was useless, he then went on to be player of the season

PDL23

Post by PDL23 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:42 am

I know I am being harsh after one pre-season game but to drop a number of very simple and I mean very simple catches is a worry. But as you say it is pre season so fingers crossed.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:06 am

Maybe it was simply a case of nerves. Playing top opposition in his first home match in front of a decent crowd, who knows. We will see as time goes on, but I guess he will be ok at league 2 level.
COME ON DARLO!

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:07 am

And he's playing infront of a back 4 that he's never played with before.

When we have Fozzie back it'll give him more confidence - it's James & Starosta we have to worry about!

Saying that, Starosta showed glimpses of good football last night, just costly errors - but he wouldn't be punished like that at L2 level... hopefully!

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:39 am

Jimmy wrote:And he's playing infront of a back 4 that he's never played with before.

When we have Fozzie back it'll give him more confidence - it's James & Starosta we have to worry about!

Saying that, Starosta showed glimpses of good football last night, just costly errors - but he wouldn't be punished like that at L2 level... hopefully!

Good points - and if you count 2nd half subs - he's already had 5 or 6 different back 4s in front of him in 3 games.

Complaints about Starosta and Lumsdon are unfair - they were shown up by Prem players and not the sort of players they will meet week in week out.

darlogav

Post by darlogav » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:11 am

wylam_rangers wrote:
Jimmy wrote:And he's playing infront of a back 4 that he's never played with before.

Good points - and if you count 2nd half subs - he's already had 5 or 6 different back 4s in front of him in 3 games.

Complaints about Starosta and Lumsdon are unfair - they were shown up by Prem players and not the sort of players they will meet week in week out.
See what you're saying, Richardson was a right handful as expected but still James looked like he's never played left back in his life. His distribution, timing and judgement were awful.

For me we need a left and a right back, wouldn't mind seeing Starosta on the wing though where his mistakes wont be as costly.

Also wouldnt mind seeing more of Liversedge, decent save last night in the 2nd half.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:13 am

Woodhead played in goal for most of the second half Gav. Trialist from Hull
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

darlogav

Post by darlogav » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:58 pm

O right my bad. He looked pretty decent though. Is Liversedge the smaller lad of the 3?

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:04 pm

liversedge is the lanky fair haired lad.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:06 pm

Yep, Liversedge is the tallest one, Knight and Woodhead are both a bit smaller
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

darlogav

Post by darlogav » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Shame we couldnt have kept hold of Kaz really. Situation being though we've just got to make the best of what we've got.

DARL
Team Supported: Which one do you think dumbass

Post by DARL » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:14 am

darlogav wrote:Shame we couldnt have kept hold of Kaz really. Situation being though we've just got to make the best of what we've got.
What has happened to Kaz?

I havent seen news of him gonig anywhere else but ut appears that he has gone

Darlo456

Post by Darlo456 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:19 am

Knight needs to be given some time to establish himself - unless i'm mistaken he's never been a 1st choice before and it's a step up. As I remember Stocky made a few mistakes in his early games and (had it not been for GH) we'd have done very nicely out of that...