Silence from Singh?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

StevieMardenboro
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Silence from Singh?

Post by StevieMardenboro » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:25 am

One of the earlier posts lists problems with the hospitality and the carvery as reasons for keeping fans away? When did people start talking about lower league football clubs as if they were four star country house hotels??

Also the prices are in keeping with what you pay elsewhere, maybe not at crudbucket set ups like Accrington Stanley, but we have a very decent stadium and facilities and it has to be made to pay for itself. The beer is fine, the food is good and the ground is fairly easy to get to

I accept it can be a miserable experience at times in an empty stadium and a losing side but it seems to me that Darlo fans are looking for reasons to feel sorry for themselves.
We need to be more positive, ultimately it is the exisiting fans' passion for the club which will keep it going and we need it more than ever now.

The continual moaning just helps to keep up the perception that Darlo are a bit of a shambles and not worth going to watch.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:50 am

D.F.C directors or whoever is in charge should go to the Riverside (DCCC) on a Twenty20 match , and see exactly how its done.

T20 is the closest cricket gets to football in terms of crowd for local game , and timing.

Durham wins hands down.
Think before posting

grytters

Post by grytters » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Nothing to do with a greater catchment and potential market then?
Bring Back the Quarters

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:42 am

grytters wrote:Nothing to do with a greater catchment and potential market then?
who was that comment to ?
Think before posting

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:07 am

How many 20/20 games do Durham have to host? Add to the fact that the cricket entices people from all over the region, Durham can expect decent gates for these games. Its not really a good comparison.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:25 am

loan_star wrote:How many 20/20 games do Durham have to host? Add to the fact that the cricket entices people from all over the region, Durham can expect decent gates for these games. Its not really a good comparison.
The only comparison is a cold, damp day in April/May when Durham are playing Sussex (or some other team from the other end of the Country) in a 4 day game. You'll have 3 men and a dog rattling around just like we do at the Arena.

When are we going to host another Youth/U21 International? or the Women's FA Cup Final?

Until we are big those are the sort of games we should be trying to land.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:02 pm

Until we are big?

Did you really just say that? :shock:

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:16 pm

goldensyrup wrote:1. Ron Greener loosing money weekly

2. Tin Shed to close this weekend, rumour or otherwise that is the information I came across at the club, I along with others will just have to wait till Saturday to see if its true or not .

3. Dodgy admin, I actually see nothing positive about having a team that is loosing full stop, yep a lot of games to go but think about it, what and who etc has a vested interest in seeing the club do badly and for what reason?

4. The whole rotton debacle over a grubby land deal has ruined football for many many years at Darlington and I do doubt it will ever recover.

5. Prices, with dwindling crowds (and they will sink lower) the clubs resposne is to raise prices, which in effect hold the revenue they will gain at the same level so as to offset the loss of supporters but even this has a limit and once the limit is reached (i.e. less than FIGURE UNKNOWN) Then the club will very much be on a downward spiral with recovery looking uncertain.

6. I like going to the stadium and I wish it would attract more supporters but Im afraid it wont survive once this season is over, I firmly believe Darlo FC will end up in admin or liquidation during or just after the season, no multi millionaire is going to hang around throwing good money after bad. NOT WITH VALUABLE LAND WAITING FOR A JCB AND BULLDOZER.
Mr F***ing misery - have a good weekend :thumbup: