Cooper?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

piggy
Team Supported: Darlington

Cooper?

Post by piggy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:23 pm

Sack or stick with???

Hate to say it as I do like the guy but sack.

DarloOnTheUp

Re: Cooper?

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:24 pm

Sack. I'm fucking fed up. He is absolutely clueless.

piggy

Post by piggy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Its amazing how quickly you can go hero to zero in football, who'd of thought we'd be here just months after basking in that wembley win..ahh yes we're fucking Darlo thats why!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Still on the fence. He turned it round from an almost identical situation last season, everyone saying he'd lost the dressing room etc, but this can't continue. I'd give him Saturday.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:28 pm

piggy wrote:Its amazing how quickly you can go hero to zero in football, who'd of thought we'd be here just months after basking in that wembley win..ahh yes we're fucking Darlo thats why!
Cooper: great cup manager.

piggy

Post by piggy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Not a bad point Mobi. He did do well at Kettering in the league mind.

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:32 pm

piggy wrote:Not a bad point Mobi. He did do well at Kettering in the league mind.
Well, you could say he had a good spell at Kettering, whether you could say he consistently got results over a sustained period is another. Crucially, he had money to spend.
Last edited by mobi on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:33 pm

He should at least get the next two games. Newport and Bath are currently bottom and second bottom. We can't possibly be this bad, we must have win in us against those two. If not he has to go.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:35 pm

He has Saturday to save his skin, he needs to win and win well. We can't waste these 7 or 8 relatively easy games as if we do it's season over

Spyman

Re: Re: Cooper?

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:36 pm

fat tony wrote:He should at least get the next two games. Newport and Bath are currently bottom and second bottom. We can't possibly be this bad, we must have win in us against those two. If not he has to go.
I agree. Two 'easy games' to try and get some belief back. Build from there.

If we struggle through those two, i'll be firmly in the 'out' camp.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Seaosn won't be over at this rate. We'll be in a sodding relegation scrap.

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:37 pm

6 games and no wins. 8 games and no wins and I'd give him the boot.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:38 pm

The team is a shambles. He has to go.

The Lincoln Quaker

Post by The Lincoln Quaker » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Fuck me we are a fickle lot. Cooper has given us the best moment for 30years and wecwant him out for a s*** start to the league. He could have easily have fucked off to Grimsby but choose to stay with us so let's try and give him so loyalty. He can do a job for us but clearly something isn't right and it needs sorting quickly. Let's hope for a good Saturday. It's going to be fairly quiet as I can see a lot off stay aways.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:41 pm

To be this comprehensively beaten by Southport at home says it all - he has to go!
COME ON DARLO!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:43 pm

The Lincoln Quaker wrote:Fuck me we are a fickle lot. Cooper has given us the best moment for 30years and wecwant him out for a s*** start to the league. He could have easily have fucked off to Grimsby but choose to stay with us so let's try and give him so loyalty. He can do a job for us but clearly something isn't right and it needs sorting quickly. Let's hope for a good Saturday. It's going to be fairly quiet as I can see a lot off stay aways.
Fickle? Fucking fickle? We just lost 3-0 at home against Southport. Fucking Southport. Get your head out of the sand.

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:45 pm

The Lincoln Quaker wrote:Fuck me we are a fickle lot. Cooper has given us the best moment for 30years and wecwant him out for a s*** start to the league. He could have easily have fucked off to Grimsby but choose to stay with us so let's try and give him so loyalty. He can do a job for us but clearly something isn't right and it needs sorting quickly. Let's hope for a good Saturday. It's going to be fairly quiet as I can see a lot off stay aways.
He's a great cup manager, nobody would argue with that. He can organise a team to go out and battle as underdogs no problem, but when he is in charge of team that goes into most games expected to win, he can't get results.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:47 pm

He's lost the players, that was clear tonight. Crystal clear. He won't come back from this.

Hauling Purkiss off after 20 minutes, WTF was that was about? OK Purkiss was as poor as anybody else, but did he deserve to be singled out (and then mocked by the crowd) like that?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:49 pm

He's lost the senior players and the rest of the dressing room has followed.

The Lincoln Quaker

Post by The Lincoln Quaker » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:51 pm

If he has lost the players then fair do's but can raj afford to get rid?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:52 pm

The Lincoln Quaker wrote:If he has lost the players then fair do's but can raj afford to get rid?
Can we afford another season in the Conference?

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:54 pm

The Lincoln Quaker wrote:If he has lost the players then fair do's but can raj afford to get rid?
He's only contracted until the end of the season, worst comes to the worst you continue to pay him and Dryden until then. Obviously that means that there's not as much money for a new man but I'd imagine if we send Purcell, Purkiss and Atkinson back as well as cancel Brough's deal that should free some budget up

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:57 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Can we afford another season in the Conference?
Perhaps, but we can't afford a poor season in the conference. Raj will walk.

The Lincoln Quaker

Post by The Lincoln Quaker » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:59 pm

I really believe all the loan signings have been gash and added nothing. Send them all back but raj will still have to fork out a fair amount to get rid. Is he prepared to flush more cash down the darlo well!!!

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:50 am

mobi wrote:He's lost the senior players and the rest of the dressing room has followed.
This is what I hate about football nowadays, all this lost the players crap. Why should a bunch of average NON LEAGUE journeyman be able to hold a club to ransom, in effect saying that unless we change the manager they are not going to try. It's one thing Carlos Tevez trying it on, another when it's some never has-been. It shows a total lack of respect for those fans forking out £18 to see their team, as well as a lack of professional and personal pride. Keep Cooper and ship the bloody lot of them out. If he fails, it should be because his team's not good enough, not because they've spat their dummies out, and aren't trying.

mobi

Post by mobi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:52 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
mobi wrote:He's lost the senior players and the rest of the dressing room has followed.
This is what I hate about football nowadays, all this lost the players crap. Why should a bunch of average NON LEAGUE journeyman be able to hold a club to ransom, in effect saying that unless we change the manager they are not going to try. It's one thing Carlos Tevez trying it on, another when it's some never has-been. It shows a total lack of respect for those fans forking out £18 to see their team, as well as a lack of professional and personal pride. Keep Cooper and ship the bloody lot of them out. If he fails, it should be because his team's not good enough, not because they've spat their dummies out, and aren't trying.
Meanwhile, on planet Earth.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:54 am

mobi wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:

I'm fully aware it won't happen, but it should.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:27 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
mobi wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:

Why so he can piss some more off in 6 months?

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:30 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
mobi wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:

Harry's cat is correct.

Raj Singh has appointed the manager to manage his football team and he does this by telling the staff how to go about their jobs. No different to any other workplace.

If (we don't really know whether this is happening or not but let's go along with the popular view anyway) some have decided not to do as they are instructed, or only do it to the minimum standard to meet their own desires, then they should be shipped out.

I think the cat may have worded his post in such a way that everybody should be shipped out, I'm sure he didn't mean it - I'm sure he only meant those who are allegedly trying to hold the club to ransom.

Remember, the majority are here because there were no better offers on the table; if they get slung out of Darlo, there's not a great chance of moving onto better things so you'd only have to sling one out - any others would soon step into line.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Exactly, Mr Quatermain.

If they succeed this time, who is to say they'll get on any better with the next manager. I'm most upset with the fact that some people will have forked out a hard earned £18 last night, not knowing that "some players" had decided the outcome of the match already.

If they don't want to play for Cooper, make it known beforehand, and let him pick from those who do give a toss.