Singh's wages ultimatum = emotional blackmail

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Charlie_Darlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Singh's wages ultimatum = emotional blackmail

Post by Charlie_Darlo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:39 pm

To threaten to put the club into administration (effectively killing the club as we will be kicked out of the Conference) if the players and Cooper/Dryden do not accept reduced terms is nothing but emotional blackmail.

I understand that Singh needs to reduce costs, but this isn't on and no doubt the players/Cooper/Dryden who don't have the emotional attachment to the club we fans have will tell him where to stick his ultimatum.

I am beginning to feel the same way about Singh as I do about Houghton :x

Darlo_Rob

Re: Singh's wages ultimatum = emotional blackmail

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:47 pm

I know everyone is entitled to there opinion, mine is you're an idiot for even mentioning Houghton in the same breath as Singh.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:49 pm

There comes a point where every other way is tried. Singh is rightly at the end of his tether and you have a go at him about it? Rob is right, to use Houghtons name in the same context is wrong.

Quakerian

Post by Quakerian » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Charlie_Darlo wrote:To threaten to put the club into administration (effectively killing the club as we will be kicked out of the Conference) if the players and Cooper/Dryden do not accept reduced terms is nothing but emotional blackmail.

I understand that Singh needs to reduce costs, but this isn't on and no doubt the players/Cooper/Dryden who don't have the emotional attachment to the club we fans have will tell him where to stick his ultimatum.

Bloody idiot - Raj is spot on. Those lazy gets deserve a wage drop after their performances recently. Today was better in first half but again the lazt gets returned to type in second half. Well done Raj.
Quakerian

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Charlie_Darlo wrote:To threaten to put the club into administration (effectively killing the club as we will be kicked out of the Conference) if the players and Cooper/Dryden do not accept reduced terms is nothing but emotional blackmail.

Emotional blackmail for who exactly? You've said yourself the players don't have an emotional attachment to the club, so how can he emotionally blackmail them?

Singh has piled his own money into keeping the club afloat for the last 2 years or so. Houghton spent money that didn't exist, racking up debt against the club. There's a huge difference.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Charlie_Darlo wrote:
I am beginning to feel the same way about Singh as I do about Houghton
Agreed with comments above, this is a shocking thing to say. Houghton was pure poison with no intention of running this club sustainably.

Singh is working hard to find solutions and is battling against a lot of the issues that Houghton brought about.

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:32 pm

Charlie_Darlo wrote: I am beginning to feel the same way about Singh as I do about Houghton :x
you clown, that is a disgusting smear on a bloke that has bent over backwards for this club.

Instead of being critical of him you should be supporting his efforts to bring these issues to a head and keep us informed of events.

Forewarned is forearmed
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:34 pm

I recall Charlie didnt want DFC to survive in the last admin, prefering the phoenix option. Kind of sets him up as someone thats never wanted Singh in charge so his views are no suprise really.

Charlie_Darlo

Post by Charlie_Darlo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:15 pm

So, if the players and Cooper/Dryden don't play ball and Singh calls in the administrators, you will all be happy he did the right thing?

Another thing, if the club is close to administration, it must have significant debt despite Singh's support.

Maybe the Houghton comparison was a tad harsh for now, but I stand by the rest.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Charlie is badmouthing Raj?
Situation normal.

littlecar

Post by littlecar » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Why don't you find a bottomless pit & keep chucking your money down it for a few years & see how quickly you get fed up. I think that Raj made very fair points in his interview, and at the end of the day he employs staff (ie footballers) who are not performing, then he has every right to be annoyed about it, and to want to put an end to his losses.

Charlie_Darlo

Post by Charlie_Darlo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:30 pm

littlecar wrote:

Why don't you find a bottomless pit & keep chucking your money down it for a few years & see how quickly you get fed up. I think that Raj made very fair points in his interview, and at the end of the day he employs staff (ie footballers) who are not performing, then he has every right to be annoyed about it, and to want to put an end to his losses.
I do understand Singh's need to cut costs if you read my original post. My point is he is going about it in the wrong way.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Houghton comment: Ridiculous, unfair, damaging and disgraceful. You've lost any right to be taken seriously.

mobi

Post by mobi » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:08 pm

Huge over-reaction to the original post, as usual. Nevertheless, the truth is that Singh does not have a leg to stand on with regard to the players wages, the money owed to Cooper, or the council covenants. I'd say its more a cry for help than emotional blackmail.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:51 pm

mobi wrote:Huge over-reaction to the original post, as usual. Nevertheless, the truth is that Singh does not have a leg to stand on with regard to the players wages, the money owed to Cooper, or the council covenants. I'd say its more a cry for help than emotional blackmail.
If we take him at his word, Singh is the opposite of Houghton. We are not racking up debts, he is the one losing cash and he has been very good at keeping fans in the picture.
However the way he talks in today's programme you would think he left Cooper with his credit card for the weekend and came back to find he had gone nuts with it. Singh signed off on all of the deals that he now objects to and says we can't afford.

Its looking like it was s*** or bust.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:21 pm

I think Raj can't be trusted, he'll try and put us in Admin before the year out!
Last edited by comeondarlo on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ash

Post by Ash » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:36 pm

I don't necessarily agree with how it has been done or whether it is the right thing to do but I certainly sympathise and think Raj is within his rights.

Everybody seems to think that football should be treated completely different to the rest of the world. Football hasn't been immune to the recession and people up and down the country have been asked to take a wage cut to keep their jobs and avoid job cuts, even if they have contracts - why should footballers be different?

I don't think they are being punished for poor performance they are being asked to share the pain. Raj set a budget for a competitive team which will have factored in minimum expectations like FA cup revenue. The team have hardly been competitive and now we have to review. When any organisation loses a source of revenue and a bleak financial future they review their spending.

It seems the only choice we have is for Raj to keep absorbing the losses or wind the club up because the playing staff think they are immune to wage cuts because "they have a contract".

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:54 pm

Ash wrote:I don't necessarily agree with how it has been done or whether it is the right thing to do but I certainly sympathise and think Raj is within his rights.

Everybody seems to think that football should be treated completely different to the rest of the world. Football hasn't been immune to the recession and people up and down the country have been asked to take a wage cut to keep their jobs and avoid job cuts, even if they have contracts - why should footballers be different?

I don't think they are being punished for poor performance they are being asked to share the pain. Raj set a budget for a competitive team which will have factored in minimum expectations like FA cup revenue. The team have hardly been competitive and now we have to review. When any organisation loses a source of revenue and a bleak financial future they review their spending.

It seems the only choice we have is for Raj to keep absorbing the losses or wind the club up because the playing staff think they are immune to wage cuts because "they have a contract".
I could agree with you only if it had been done behind the scenes in a genuine manner, not in a throw the toys out of the pram kind of way. An owner of any business has every right to try to contain and reduce costs . . . funny way of going about it though.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Like Raj says, if a striker was on 20 goals already he's be knocking on the door asking for an improved contract........

Works both ways in my view!

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Raj is a businessman first and foremost. He is not going to carry on subsiding an unsustainable business.

With that in mind, I do wonder why he got involved in the first place. He's not a Darlo fan, so didn't do it out of love for the club. He must have looked at it as a business opportunity and a chance to get his hands on the land, and it's not worked out for him. He is going to cut his losses soon enough, and I don't see anyone else willing (or foolish enough) to take over the club.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:03 pm

loan_star wrote:Like Raj says, if a striker was on 20 goals already he's be knocking on the door asking for an improved contract........

No problem either way with the concept . . . just the methodology. I don't believe the actions of the last few days have added anything positive to the club.

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:29 am

QuakerPete wrote:
Ash wrote: I could agree with you only if it had been done behind the scenes in a genuine manner
To be fair Pete the players were Twittering it within hours and the press/Craig had got wind...nothing stays behind closed doors in football(any sport) these days.
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:35 am

Charlie darlo appears to suffer from massive learning difficulties and and should therefore be ignored.

wylam_rangers

Re: Re: Singh's wages ultimatum = emotional blackmail

Post by wylam_rangers » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:37 am

QuakerPete wrote:
loan_star wrote:Like Raj says, if a striker was on 20 goals already he's be knocking on the door asking for an improved contract........

No problem either way with the concept . . . just the methodology. I don't believe the actions of the last few days have added anything positive to the club.
I think that anything that leads to performance style bonuses can only be good. Pay them a basic then bonuses according to league position.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Mick

Post by Mick » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:17 am

I think this thread is doing more harm than good with it's title displayed on the main page. Raj would be really pleased with it if he read it I'm sure.

Charlie_Darlo

Post by Charlie_Darlo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:07 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:Charlie darlo appears to suffer from massive learning difficulties and and should therefore be ignored.
It would be easy for me to exchange insults with people on here but that would be cheap and immature.

People can say what they like about me (I'm very thick skinned) and did when I first started to express my doubts about the last regime (I was 100% right on that) but I will continue to post my views.

Most of you are too blinkered about the situation (Singh is god-like to many like Hodgson was) and fail to see the bigger picture.

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:34 am

Charlie_Darlo wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:Charlie darlo appears to suffer from massive learning difficulties and and should therefore be ignored.
It would be easy for me to exchange insults with people on here but that would be cheap and immature.

People can say what they like about me (I'm very thick skinned) and did when I first started to express my doubts about the last regime (I was 100% right on that) but I will continue to post my views.

Most of you are too blinkered about the situation (Singh is god-like to many like Hodgson was) and fail to see the bigger picture.
Unlike your anti Houghton rants during the last Admin, including posting his address on the previous incarnation of this message board, slagging off people who criticised you for doing it and challenging Uncovered to ban you for it.

Charlie_Darlo

Post by Charlie_Darlo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:49 am

OHDFC wrote:
Charlie_Darlo wrote:

Unlike your anti Houghton rants during the last Admin, including posting his address on the previous incarnation of this message board, slagging off people who criticised you for doing it and challenging Uncovered to ban you for it.
Houghton needed some comeback for what he did to the club. The situation we are in now is a hangover from his days. And for the record, I won't be posting Raj Singh's address on here no matter what. I'm sure most people know where he lives and very nice it is too.

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:20 pm

fat tony wrote:
Charlie_Darlo wrote:
I am beginning to feel the same way about Singh as I do about Houghton
Agreed with comments above, this is a shocking thing to say. Houghton was pure poison with no intention of running this club sustainably.

Singh is working hard to find solutions and is battling against a lot of the issues that Houghton brought about.
I think Raj is doing his best, as did Houghton and Reynolds. The only one I ever doubted was Reg Brealey.
Its this mentality of turning on chairman that convinces me that the last thing Ill do with my £300m lottery win (when it comes (if I ever buy a ticket)) is buy this club cause the fans turn on you in the end.

wellingaway

Post by wellingaway » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:34 pm

What do you get out of that? It's offensive, school bully tripe. You should give your head a shake my friend.