I see they...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DFCAnth
Team Supported: Darlington

I see they...

Post by DFCAnth » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:10 pm

I see that they used my idea of putting the away fans in the north stand. I hope they continue to do this, means less staff and having their fans so close to ours generates a much better atmosphere.

TinShedDarloFan

Re: I see they...

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Newcastle fans are also in the North stand tomorrow, notto sure about Boro fans as they dont tend to bring as many, im guessing it back to normal come our first home game

isitouryear

Post by isitouryear » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:12 pm

its just for the friendlies

bigrichiet

Post by bigrichiet » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 pm

RealStadiumDFC wrote:I see that they used my idea of putting the away fans in the north stand. I hope they continue to do this, means less staff and having their fans so close to ours generates a much better atmosphere.
surely its only cos of the size of their crowd. there were too many to go behind the goal without opening the Northstand anyway, so why open both when you may get away with one. have a word mate.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:20 pm

RealStadiumDFC wrote:I see that they used my idea of putting the away fans in the north stand. I hope they continue to do this, means less staff and having their fans so close to ours generates a much better atmosphere.
i thought the atmosphere was better when we played them 2 seasons ago and they were behind the goal, wasnt keen on staring at empty seats in the east last night.

feethams

Post by feethams » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:16 pm

no point opening the north stand up for teams like acc stanley who bring around 30 fans.

those games are gonna be a crap atmosphere regardless of where the away fans sit.

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Better having away teams on the side if possible though. When they're behind the goal they get behind the team more.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:47 pm

RealStadiumDFC wrote:Better having away teams on the side if possible though. When they're behind the goal they get behind the team more.
yeah then they can only get beside their team rather than behind it