Any ideas?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

uncovered
Site Admin

Re: Any ideas?

Post by uncovered » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:50 pm

http://twitpic.com/7cjcm5

here we go, tomorrows local news cluttered with thick geordies upset at their stadium (which looks so tacky already with those adverts all over) now being renamed the Sports Direct Arena. Oh hell, if only our problems were as trivial.

Stu77
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Stu77 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:00 pm

No confusion now between where Newcastle and Exeter play!

feethams

Post by feethams » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:06 am

uncovered wrote:http://twitpic.com/7cjcm5

here we go, tomorrows local news cluttered with thick geordies upset at their stadium (which looks so tacky already with those adverts all over) now being renamed the Sports Direct Arena. Oh hell, if only our problems were as trivial.
It boils my piss thinking about the Geordies kicking off over the millions of pounds Ashley pumps in to their club yet there we are, just down the road, on the verge of shutting down...

eddierowlesbeard

Re: Re: Any ideas?

Post by eddierowlesbeard » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:36 am

Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:
mrcoops1984 wrote:
Jammers wrote:I've heard that St James Park is being renamed the Sports Direct Arena, which would certainly be gasp-worthy if true.
Newcastle fans do my head in. They twist about nothing. So fuck, they may renaming their ground but Mike Ashley is putting a lot of money into that club. The least the club can return is a bit of sponsorship and recognition by his own business. Can always be renamed St James Park when he sells the club!
Coops in "not talking bollocks" shock!!!
Is that the news that will have north east footy fans gasping?
Apparently so - nice to see Peter Barron is really in tune with north-east footy fans...

zugzwang

Post by zugzwang » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 am

Going back to the original speculation in this thread - I thought that it could be that the entire Italian national side had signed for Darlington as they were looking for a more stable financial position.