Lidds & Maddo Talk in

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

uncovered
Site Admin

Lidds & Maddo Talk in

Post by uncovered » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:21 pm

RenoRaines
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Lidds & Maddo Talk in

Post by RenoRaines » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:13 am

How about doing this in Darlington for a change?
Reno Raines

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:14 am

I will be there. (taken a long due day off work)

And in repsonse to Reno...

If they did it in Darlo... there would be people saying "There is no support from the town, do it in the provinces")

They have doen things like this in Barnard Castle for a while and had decent support, why change a winning formula.

OK I am biased, it was living in Barney that got me interested in Darlo, and the "Beak" has supported us.

Shrews!
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:43 am

Incedently the fact that Barnard Castle has had similar events, and attracted enough response to warrant a repeat makes me question (as Reno did) WHy not hold it in Darlo?

Is there not a "Darlo pub" that would host something similar? I can't think of a single pub. The Pennyweight has a signed shirt, but also is a big Sunderland pub, and not ideal for a "talk in"

The George was known as a Darlo pub, but the few times I have been in could have fooled me

The Copper Beach... its near the ground, benefits massively from matchday trade... any flags or scarves?

The Quakerhouse and 22's are popular with fans who (like me) like to quaff a variety of ales... but I've never noticed any connection with the club (Though Quakers has a copy of the "good beer guide... League2")

Can anyone name a venue in Darlo which would guarantee a decent audience?

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:10 am

the quaker is my local pub the ale is great and always have a good chat :thumbup: will hopefully be in there before tuesdays game having a few ales :shifty: :wave:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:36 am

I went to the last one held at Barnie, when Jeff Winter was the guest speaker and it was a very good & entertaining evening. Flip & Ian who are trust members said that the next one would be held in Darlo, because a good half of the people at the Jeff Winter function had come all the way from Darlo. So I'll be interested to hear why they've choosen to go back to Barnie yet again.

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:37 am

DIRTYDAVE wrote:the quaker is my local pub the ale is great and always have a good chat :thumbup: will hopefully be in there before tuesdays game having a few ales :shifty: :wave:
Amen to that

The Quaker is the best pub in Darlington for anyone who thinks there is more to beer than "brewed under license" lager and actually likes a bit of banter.

But its not really a Darlo pub. I mean, theres no scarf behind the bar... but i suppose that "Good Pub Guide... League 2 edition" kinda counts.

Shrews

RH79

Post by RH79 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:45 am

Shame it isnt in Darlo but i cant think of a Darlo pub in our own tome - terrible!

I think I might have a pop up to barnie and listen to what they have to say!

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:29 am

Its not a pub , but the RA has held a talk in with Craig Liddle and Sam Russell before.
Think before posting

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Should we not be trying to hold this in the RG/Platinum/Corner Bar so the club gets some money?

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:06 pm

ShrewsX wrote:
DIRTYDAVE wrote:the quaker is my local pub the ale is great and always have a good chat :thumbup: will hopefully be in there before tuesdays game having a few ales :shifty: :wave:
Amen to that

The Quaker is the best pub in Darlington for anyone who thinks there is more to beer than "brewed under license" lager and actually likes a bit of banter.

But its not really a Darlo pub. I mean, theres no scarf behind the bar... but i suppose that "Good Pub Guide... League 2 edition" kinda counts.

Shrews

yeah thats true we ask about it tonight may also wear my darlo shirt tonight !

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:19 pm

there are plans afoot to hold an event in darlo, however the last twice we tried we got hardly anyone there, the beaconsfield works, we get plenty of people there, hence the decision.